kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Washington Lizards anyone?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Not surprised of Geico. It was matter of time. BTW this is a first sponsor without background (I mean there is no any rectangle under Geico logo).

Now Pacers and Thunder are left. Pacers already got sponsor on their practice jerseys:

DOnTDNAW0AIdz3X.jpg

4r2eer.png

Wizards Rep the District, Unveil New Uniform & Ad Patch

November 2, 2018 - 15:16 PM

The Washington Wizards were busy this morning announcing both a new uniform and the addition of an advertisement to their jerseys. Starting with the uniform, the Wizards unveiled their new “City Edition” set which continues the theme from last season […]

Read More...

15 hours ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

I don’t understand the purpose for the earned jersey. I get it’s for the Playoffs and all but what if the team that gets one misses the playoffs the next year? Would they ever wear them?

Pretty sure they aren't made to wear IN the playoffs

5 hours ago, Digby said:

That's absolutely outstanding. Paying tribute to nighttime, which as we know is unique to DC. 

To be fair, visiting the Mall and the various memorials at night is absolutely a thing in DC -- and not just for tourists.  The Lincoln Memorial and Jefferson Memorial in particular are both popular date night spots for evening walks.

Now that the Capitals are a winning franchise and the Wizards are not, it might be time for the Wiz to find a new identity. They look like hockey knock-offs and each of their alternates are too close to each other. There doesn't seem to be a "there" there.

I don't think they'll ever go back to the blue and bronzs, but would that be so bad now? They'd at least have a unique look. People didn't like the blue and bronze because people didn't like the Wizards name, but the uniform itself was pretty sharp. Especially in person.

I don't know. Maybe it's because the franchise is perpetually disappointing, but they look so blah. A black version of the white unform hey had last year isn't very exciting.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Wizards twitter account is saying that the reason they can’t just say The District and need to add the of Columbia is copyright issues. Too bad because it’s really unnecessary 

They mean "trademark reasons," of course. 

SanMar Corp. appears to own the registered trademark "DISTRICT" for use with "apparel, namely tee shirts, polo shirts, long sleeve shirts, and uniforms; fleece outerwear, namely long sleeve shirts, athletic apparel, namely shirts."  (Reg. No. 3283548). 

American Nevada Holdings owns the registered trademark "THE DISTRICT" for use with "entertainment services in the nature of arranging and conducting special events featuring contests and sports tournaments."  (Reg. No. 3182193). 

There may be others with competing/confusing trademark rights as well. I'm sure the Wizards could've negotiated a consent agreement with SanMar -- it's unlikely that any consumer would confuse an NBA team's uniform with SanMar's offerings -- but SanMar might've charged them a few bucks to do so.  So, they probably figured that they're better off going with the cheaper route.  And, they get the side benefit of setting the record for "most characters on the front of an NBA jersey." 

(Of course, the Wizards' GM seems set on setting the record for "most characters wearing an NBA jersey," but I digress)

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Now that the Capitals are a winning franchise and the Wizards are not, it might be time for the Wiz to find a new identity. 

Wut? Wizards have been to the playoffs four out the last five years.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

44 minutes ago, keynote said:

To be fair, visiting the Mall and the various memorials at night is absolutely a thing in DC -- and not just for tourists.  The Lincoln Memorial and Jefferson Memorial in are both popular popular date night spots for evening walks.

"The Mall at night" works for me and will for many Washingtonians. After senior prom, on a summer night run, stopping on the bike ride home for a photo... I've got a ton of memories of the monument and Capitol against the night sky. 

Just two weeks ago I took some friends there to check out the monuments after hanging on U St. Totally out of the way, but such a special and unique DC experience. Sometimes these gimmicky explanatory uniform unveiling things make sense and are a good idea!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived