kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t mind all of the alternates in the regular season, there’s 82 games after all, but in the postseason, teams should only wear two uniforms. Maybe one alternate, but not in the Finals. 

Nothing irks me more uniform-wise than teams wearing alternate uniforms in their respective championship game/series. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Five years from now all of these jerseys that are being forced down our throats will be on eBay for 20 bucks. I respect everyone having an opinion but now we are saluting basketball courts. GMW79 hit it right on the head.$$$$$$$$$. I thought jerseys were a teams identity.

2 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I don’t mind all of the alternates in the regular season, there’s 82 games after all, but in the postseason, teams should only wear two uniforms. Maybe one alternate, but not in the Finals. 

Nothing irks me more uniform-wise than teams wearing alternate uniforms in their respective championship game/series. 

it still bugs me when i see old clips and remember the cavs won their only title in these:

usa-today-9339378.0.jpg

instead of one of these:

usa_today_9094536.0.jpg

usa-today-8830992.0.1495595433.0.jpg

5 hours ago, joekono said:

The four teams are referenced as "Washington", not DC. Now, I see where you are going with this because I noticed that you live in Washington DC. I'm on to discussing something else. New York has different boroughs too.

Washington is a city that has the exact same boundaries/land are as the District of Columbia.  Nobody is ever in Washington but not in DC, and vice versa. Confused as to what your point is.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Quality erstwhile poster BallWonk once explained that there is no longer such municipality as "the City of Washington," only the District of Columbia, which we all agree to call "Washington, D.C." for mail/customary purposes. I'm not sure what this argument is about either.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

Quality erstwhile poster BallWonk once explained that there is no longer such municipality as "the City of Washington," only the District of Columbia, which we all agree to call "Washington, D.C." for mail/customary purposes. I'm not sure what this argument is about either.

That’s correct. The City of Washington and the City of Georgetown we’re both once located within the District of Columbia’s physical limits, but have since been incorporated into one city that covers the entire district (formally known as the District of Columbia, but also commonly referred to as Washington, DC or Washington DC). Before that time, all mail sent to someone in the latter was addressed to Georgetown, DC, which is now just a neighborhood within the aforementioned single city.

Studio Stories: Discussing, Re-Imagining City Unis with NBA ex-Lead Designer

November 6, 2018 - 15:30 PM

Oh, the joy of creating an NBA uniform untethered to the whims of the team, Nike or the league. As NBA teams across the association release a wave of City Edition uniforms, a former NBA uniform designer and his team […]

Read More...

On 11/5/2018 at 12:28 PM, kimball said:

uniforms-header-nike-city-2018.jpg

I like it. I absolutely love the originality. The execution is ... eh? But, I do love the shorts a lot. As @upperV03 noted ... the shorts do a nice job tying it all in.

I love em too.

The best part is a subtle detail; the two-tone green Bucks logo.

cityjersey5_1600x1600.jpgcityjersey20_1600x1600.jpg

A nice nod to the old color scheme.  I think I prefer this version to the original, and they could incorporate cream by replacing the white.

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

That's correct. "Washington," the city, doesn't exist in the same way that "New York ," the city, doesn't exist (it's the "City of New York" and the "District of Columbia"). 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

7 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

That's correct. "Washington," the city, doesn't exist in the same way that "New York ," the city, doesn't exist (it's the "City of New York" and the "District of Columbia"). 

No, that one's not actually true.  The city's name is simply "New York". They just say "City of New York" when they want to be all fancy-like.

On 11/3/2018 at 4:26 PM, the admiral said:

Except for the time when the sweat-wicking material of the Edge jerseys wicked all the sweat down into the players' gloves and they asked to get the more absorbent material back so their hands wouldn't be soaked in pools of their own sweat.

Im not sure how all that went down, but one, it definitely should have been caught in the testing phase, and two, it’s a good thing basketball players rarely wear gloves.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Didn't realize until now that we haven't seen "Hawks" on their jerseys in a while. Still haven't met a color scheme they don't like, even the Saints one, which should go over well.

It is a nice design though, and I'm glad they kept a usual typeface instead of pulling a new one out of thin air.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 11/3/2018 at 4:37 PM, andrewharrington said:

You’re completely missing the point, and it comes up every time there’s a discussion about material technology or textile innovations. So again, fabrics, materials, coatings, innovations, etc. are not meant to increase athlete performance, nor do they claim to. No one has ever claimed that Jordan/Gretzky/whomever would have been better in a newer uniform, yet that’s the only counter-argument you guys pull out. Textbook straw man. The goal is always to make athletes more comfortable in the uniforms they have to wear, which is exactly the original point I made; no one *wants* to wear a sweaty 2 lb. jersey when they *could* wear a less-sweaty 1lb. jersey. Not even Jordan.

That and these changes are made with/from feedback from the athletes. 

Before these companies were coming out with super tight, form-fitting uniforms, teams were having seamstresses alter jerseys to achieve that same effect. 

Archived