kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

latest?cb=20170327235253GettyImages-222767.0.jpg

The streaks in the "LA" word mark kinda reminds me of the old Tribune Broadcasting/Entertainment logo from the 80s/90s, plus the "LA" from the Sports Arena midcourt logo (minus the palm tree in the "A").  In fact, looking at this picture (sorry, best image I could find), this was from the NBA 50th anniversary season, which was also the last season this particular court was used (USC basketball and the city high school basketball championships also played on this same particular floor).

14 minutes ago, MadmanLA said:

latest?cb=20170327235253GettyImages-222767.0.jpg

The streaks in the "LA" word mark kinda reminds me of the old Tribune Broadcasting/Entertainment logo from the 80s/90s, plus the "LA" from the Sports Arena midcourt logo (minus the palm tree in the "A").  In fact, looking at this picture (sorry, best image I could find), this was from the NBA 50th anniversary season, which was also the last season this particular court was used (USC basketball and the city high school basketball championships also played on this same particular floor).

I realize "looking like a court" is an unusual (if not bad) idea for a jersey thanks to the Bucks, but this Clippers jersey would have looked better if it was Red, light blue, and that center-court logo n(if that is indeed why they chose that LA mark).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Clippers, Blazers, Kings, Mavs Latest NBA City Leaks

November 7, 2018 - 20:34 PM

The NBA Shop, Nike App, and a Spain-based retailer are just the latest to leak NBA City Edition uniforms as we got an early look at *four* more jerseys this morning. These four pushes the total amount of NBA City […]

Read More...

3 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

It does say "VOICE OF THE CLIPPERS" under the jock tag and have Lawler's signature above it.

I realize that, I'm just wondering what the connection is between that and the Olympic logo/faux-Phila stripes, if there is one. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

8 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

7p3a2241.jpg

7p3a3174-edit.jpg

Really wish they did something new and not just recycled last season's City edition uniforms. Only difference is they moved the Lionball logo to the shorts and used an actual wordmark for the chest.

If the Kings just went with "Sacramento" on the chest, it'd be a great alternate.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

So it looks like the Portland jersey is actually two-toned?

PORTLAND-TRAIL-BLAZERS-CITY-JERSEY-LEAK-

The black City jerseys appear to be two-toned, yes. The red Earned jerseys didn’t look two-toned in the mockup that was posted on LockerVision, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Clippers are really nailing the city uniforms. I wish the same could be said for their identity as a whole, but these one offs are really good.

I’m not sure where the LA font was pulled from, but the Jersey is definitely a nod to the LA Stars of the ABA.

Archived