kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, keynote said:

I wonder how a Hawks jersey with Saints colors will go over with Falcons fans.

I'm always fascinated by this premise.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, truepg said:

Agreed. (I'm not Canadian, though, if that was meant as a jab at me, lol) Canadian sports use it on the national representation level (in which case it's totally fine), whereas in the US they love to use stars on individual club level.

No jab. However, Calgary, Winnipeg and Toronto of the NHL, and the Blue Jays all have maple leafs in their logos or on their uniforms, and the Raptors had an alt logo with a leaf, so they do use it at a club level too. That was kind of my point. 

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

4 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Could have been worse I guess. I like the use of the font from the "Cleveland" signs, but something about the numbers over the wave is bothering me. Seems like they could move the wave up and keep the number in the blue. 

6_256.jpg

i love them. It's different and a monumental upgrade over last year's. I expected a bigger mash-up of eras but this is fine with me. 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

4 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Could have been worse I guess. I like the use of the font from the "Cleveland" signs, but something about the numbers over the wave is bothering me. Seems like they could move the wave up and keep the number in the blue. 

6_256.jpg

This is absolute garbage.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

For comparison ...

8034053081_ba68a7b375_z.jpg6_256.jpg

Yeah, I agree with @VDizzle12 ... the number and wave could have been treated differently to match the old Cavs 90s jersey better.

Would it make the jersey passable in my book? Hell no.

But, it'd look a LITTLE better.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Beautiful. Probably because i expected worse. One color treatment on numbers and script work fine for me, even over the "wave". Love that script every time I see it.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

35 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

This is absolute garbage.

Agreed, it’s an absolute mess. Decent idea at best, but pretty terrible execution. I will say I like the use of the Destination Cleveland wordmark, but that’s about it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived