kimball

9 hours ago, DG_Now said:

That Cleveland uniform is lovely. Maybe going back to blue/orange could be a nice way to detach from the LeBron era.

tmp_15363-cUENbkNb804U0272456450.gif.b8806af27e9c3cb2ff161b6752895478.gif

I'd rather them be connected Lebron than look like Knick Jr.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, you can even get Miami Vice license plates? I’m all in on this being their full-time identity.

Noticed that link has both white and pink dates on the calendar. I’d assume they snuck in when they plan to wear the pink “Earned” uniforms, too.

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

Man, you can even get Miami Vice license plates? I’m all in on this being their full-time identity.

Noticed that link has both white and pink dates on the calendar. I’d assume they snuck in when they plan to wear the pink “Earned” uniforms, too.

Oooh I never thought about that!  Good thought.

Edit: The games are just in time for Christmas.....

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

4 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Lakers Unveil Magic Johnson Tribute Uniforms

November 9, 2018 - 03:39 AM

Lakers-New-City-Uniform-Unveiled.jpg

The Los Angeles Lakers tonight officially unveiled their new “City Edition” uniforms four weeks after they first leaked out. For their “City Edition” series, instead of focusing on L.A., the Lakers have chosen to instead honour important players in their franchise’s history, […]

Read More...

The pinstripes read 3x5xShowtime. That’s kinda neat actually.

11 hours ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

This may be a hot take but it's the hill I'll die on, Sacramento should adopt that powder blue & red scheme full time, purple & silver while unique just doesn't look good for them IMO

Purple & gray was a bad idea from the start. Gray doesn't contrast and pop well enough from purple, they should've kept black.

1 hour ago, truepg said:

Purple & gray was a bad idea from the start. Gray doesn't contrast and pop well enough from purple, they should've kept black.

Nothing says contrast like purple and black.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, truepg said:

It definitely popped more with white than this gray that gets lost there.

The gray gets lost on their current jerseys?

gettyimages-632234882.jpg

5 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

The pinstripes read 3x5xShowtime. That’s kinda neat actually.

I don't see how that's neat.  You don't see it unless you're actually on the court - and even then you'd have to squint.  Every single last aspect of this seems forced, and I don't see how as a whole, it honors Magic.  Maybe if it had his image in a sweatback design, or something depicting how he rips off low-income people in his community, 

Does adding "Los Angeles" to it have anything to do with Magic Johnson?

Maybe replacing that with "Magic", so it read "Magic Lakers" would be better, except it still sucks, and would be protested by Orlando.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is the very first think I thought of while reading about their pinstripes.  Not a man you want to emulate.

4d6fa95a49e2ae4274040000-750-508.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think gray looks fine with the purple, and that the Kings' current primary visual issue since they rebranded is that they picked a super-wide typeface for wordmarks for a city with 10 letters in its name.

(that said, powder blue and red is a really nice scheme and I wouldn't be opposed to them taking it)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 hours ago, Froob said:

Warriors need to dump the black jerseys and wear yellow a lot more often at home. It looks great on this court.

Since this board is in an "it pops" phase (in several threads), the blue numbers do really pop against the yellow. The throwbacks are a great look.

ff_3141398-cefb88ae9c2f6abc73ea_full.jpg

To me these are so close to the regular uniforms that it feels kinda pointless. I guess that's better than following the egregious out-there path of City uniforms.

Two major missed opportunities on these for me to make these more distinctive, if we're going to take inspiration from the 80s warmups:

- old serif wordmark

- contrast nameplate on the back

a la 

56411_01_lg.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived