kimball

5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s all of the Christmas Day matchups:

The teams that made the playoffs last year and are playing on Christmas are debuting their Earned sets that day (with the exception of the Thunder and Blazers because of color contrast issues with their opponents). The Knicks and Lakers are likely wearing their City sets because Nike, the league, and both teams wanted to at least showcase the new City sets on Christmas Day rather than just wearing their “regular” uniforms or even their Statement sets.

Also, since LockerVision still has all of the Earned editions labeled as white, here’s the actual color matchups of all of the Christmas games:

Knicks (navy City) vs. Bucks (grey Earned)

Rockets (red Earned) vs. Thunder (navy Statement)

Celtics (green Earned) vs. 76ers (white Earned)

Warriors (yellow Earned) vs. Lakers (purple City)

Jazz (green Earned) vs. Blazers (white Association)

Isn't the Blazers Earned Edition red?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

Isn't the Blazers Earned Edition red?

Yes, but the league must have wanted to avoid the red-green colorblind issue, so they’re having the Blazers wear their normal whites that day instead.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

Yes, but the league must have wanted to avoid the red-green colorblind issue, so they’re having the Blazers wear their normal whites that day instead.

That's smart. It's also funny, considering they used to shoehorn teams into wearing green on Christmas specifically to have that festive color motif.

24 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

That's smart. It's also funny, considering they used to shoehorn teams into wearing green on Christmas specifically to have that festive color motif.

I do love the festive color motif. At least you'll still kinda have it with red trim.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a look at some of the City Edition warmups:

f24kypU.jpg

All 30 of them can be seen on Fanatics and/or the NBA Store. I like the bigger logos on the chest of this year’s versions, but overall last year’s City warmups were better IMO since the side panels incorporated some of the designs from the actual uniforms.

This cannot be legit because I have it on VERY good authority that the Thunder warmup looks like this:

xnaf79.jpg

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Great to see someone finally paying homage to the LA Express. Wonder if Steve Young will be at the game?

34485708.jpg

...who’s gonna tell them it’s the 84 Olympics not the express?

In all seriousness they’re probably is some reference to them but if anything it’s secondary

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

18 minutes ago, swilson160 said:

This cannot be legit because I have it on VERY good authority that the Thunder warmup looks like this:

I know you're joking, but that style is real. It just happens to be a fan t-shirt not the warmups. https://www.fanatics.com/nba/boston-celtics/boston-celtics-nike-city-edition-elevated-marled-long-sleeve-t-shirt-gray/o-2403+t-03039486+p-69667595812+z-9-623636540

Although I haven't seen the OKC version available.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

20 minutes ago, swilson160 said:

xnaf79.jpg

I’m assuming you’re joking, but that’s just a long sleeve fan t-shirt that’s part of the City edition collections. There’s one for every team (some are already available on Fanatics and the NBA Store). I haven’t been able to find the Thunder’s, but here’s a couple that are already available:

5wPuk46.jpg

zmYdxJ7.jpg

What I posted earlier are the official on-court City edition shooting shirts, not these. Teal was wrong about these being the actual warmups.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Man these bombers are hot::

ff_3084702-09c65bb20e3936eae270alt1_full.jpg&w=900ff_3084707-eb0d278993e554a7eb4aalt1_full.jpg&w=900

I need to rob a bank and buy one of them.

I don't care how humid it's going to get in Miami, I'm predicting right now you're going to see those all over the place sooner rather than later.

Those are HOT.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

So the Clippers' City wordmark isn't new or original. They just saw a font they liked and used it. 

20181109_170452.jpg

This is the sign for an auto detailing shop in my office building. 

The kicker: I work three blocks from the Clippers' HQ/training facility. 

The Sixers made a small adjustment to the liberty bell logo they’re using at center court when wearing the City uniforms, changing the outlines to blue/grey/red with equal weights to better match the trim on this year’s City uniforms:

DrmE9c2XQAEtSlh?format=jpg

Last year the bell logo had a thin white stroke on the outside, a thick blue stroke in the middle, and a thin red stroke on the inside:

942816686.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

24 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Sixers made a small adjustment to the liberty bell logo they’re using at center court when wearing the City uniforms, changing the outlines to blue/grey/red with equal weights to better match the trim on this year’s City uniforms:

DrmE9c2XQAEtSlh?format=jpg

Last year the bell logo had a thin white stroke on the outside, a thick blue stroke in the middle, and a thin red stroke on the inside:

942816686.jpg

The script is also pretty different.  

Gotta say, I like the gray uniforms.  They could certainly be better, but I like how the look on the court.  I don't like that the Hornets are in teal and not a darker color, but the Sixers look fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived