College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, bri1275 said:

Speaking of which, looks like they have the new adidas template. Flipped the Jayhawk and adidas logo placement which was badly needed. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiPEyNZUcAII_ue?format=jpg&name=large

The helmets are pretty good - the blue one is really nice, IMO - but the rest of the look sucks. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, jakgol said:

Those schools aren't successful because they have traditional uniforms. They have traditional uniforms because they are successful. The checkerboard pattern was neat because it wasn't too gaudy and it was relevant to the school. Tennessee's new uniforms are plain and boring.

I wasn't saying traditional uniforms make a team successful. But that historically successful teams generally have traditional uniforms. 

Part of that is due to the building success in an era when uniform design was practically non-existent and they've hung onto their bland/storied looks since they already have the tradition of winning. 

Flip it around and it works, too. Oregon got their biggest success in the era of Carbon Grello BFBS Chrome Flash Pants Ninja Suits, so they continue to evolve that look. 

It's like how you probably listen to the music that was popular when you where in high school. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

11 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Can't go wrong with classic, simple design. 

Case in point, the top ten all-time wins leaders are all traditional looking teams (Bama, Tenn, OU, Tex, Neb, OSU, Mich, PSU, USC and ND). The Buckeyes and Wolverines are about as "modern" as it gets. 

With a school like Tennessee, less is more. The legacy should speak louder than the pants. 

True. I was watching the 1991 Sugar Bowl (Tennessee vs Virginia) on ESPN Classic a few days ago and that old simple Tennessee uni was pretty darn good to look at. I have no idea who made those because there was no manufacturer's mark anywhere on the jerseys. It was before Sports Belle and Adidas. But they looked really good.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It was probably still Sports Belle. 

True. More than likely before they started putting their little bell icon on the jerseys.

But that shade of orange was great. During the adidas years and now Nike, I think the shade of orange they are using is too light.

14 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

New uniforms for Indiana. New adidas template (that collar is horrendous), Indiana now on the chest rather than Hoosiers, and no pants stripes.

DiP6ZnjWAAAj4I0.jpg

The lack of stripes is a huge downgrade, not only because now the uniforms are too plain, but also because Indiana should be trying to own the candy-stripe look. They looked great when they had the pants stripes echoing the helmet. Adidas also seems to have moved Indiana from their proper crimson to a bright cherry red, similar to how they tried to wreck Michigan's maize color. Indiana should look like this:

quarterback-ben-chappell-of-the-indiana-

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

3 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

Adidas also seems to have moved Indiana from their proper crimson to a bright cherry red, similar to how they tried to wreck Michigan's maize color. Indiana should look like this:

I wouldn't judge anything based off a filtered social media post.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I feel for Indiana. It's not easy trying to find a unique Red/White visual identity when you share a conference with Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ohio State and now Rutgers. At least OSU and RU use some degree of blacks/grays, but Indiana is like the last kid on the playground picked for kickball teams. 

Indiana needs to own the candy stripes and the red helmet. It does look like the Adidas color is now a brighter cherry red, but in a vacuum I'm okay with that change. Puts a little distance with all the scarlet and cardinal hues in the conference. I'm sure IU fans will be angry about a slight color change, though. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I wouldn't judge anything based off a filtered social media post.

Obviously I can't be sure, but I don't think it's just the filter. Adidas has been moving Indiana in this direction for a while. Check out their games against Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Rutgers last season. All those teams use shades of red that should be significantly lighter than Indiana's "crimson," but they look basically the same in these photos. And I didn't cherry-pick these, except to find photos showing the red of both teams; feel free to verify.

841360804-ohio-state-v-indiana.jpg.jpg&870194630-college-football-nov-04-wiscon

Ian+Thomas+Rutgers+v+Indiana+4WrvdxfzGgx

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

42 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

Obviously I can't be sure, but I don't think it's just the filter. Adidas has been moving Indiana in this direction for a while. Check out their games against Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Rutgers last season. All those teams use shades of red that should be significantly lighter than Indiana's "crimson," but they look basically the same in these photos. And I didn't cherry-pick these, except to find photos showing the red of both teams; feel free to verify.

841360804-ohio-state-v-indiana.jpg.jpg&870194630-college-football-nov-04-wiscon

Ian+Thomas+Rutgers+v+Indiana+4WrvdxfzGgx

Wow it is kind of crazy that the reds look kind of close ? Indiana should just use that candy stripe jersey as the home and make a road version that’s the inverse for away. It gives them an identity

39 minutes ago, Sedpredictsports said:

Wow it is kind of crazy that the reds look kind of close ? Indiana should just use that candy stripe jersey as the home and make a road version that’s the inverse for away. It gives them an identity

What they really should do is use the Indiana script as the primary helmet logo.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

> Same crappy font.

> Same busted striping on the orange jersey.

Glad now that they did it in Atlanta for some reason because I would've actually shown up to that if it was here in Gainesville, yikes. Only positive is that they're showing them off not in monochrome (a hallmark of the McElwain era). Half-thought that we'd never see orange-white-blue again.

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

> Same crappy font.

> Same busted striping on the orange jersey.

Glad now that they did it in Atlanta for some reason because I would've actually shown up to that if it was here in Gainesville, yikes. Only positive is that they're showing them off not in monochrome (a hallmark of the McElwain era). Half-thought that we'd never see orange-white-blue again.

Saaaame.

No white helmet might be noteworthy.  I had been hearing they were still going to have a white helmet but it would have the same logo on both sides.  Guess they're scrapping it all together.  I was just hoping they would go back to a standard block font at the very least.  What a let down.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived