College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

How do people play on black turf on a hot, sunny day?  Do people who get tackled burn themselves?  Or does this only work in the PNW where it's never sunny?

I was thinking the same thing, but idk how much impact the color or the actual grass has for the heat, it's more all the rubber that's laid down that is where there heat comes from I remeber my senior in hs we got turf and of course back when turf in high school was rare and just sitting there during stretching and sticking your fingers in to see how far in they go and remeber during 3 a days you could dig a hole in the new rubber because it wasn't packed down and you can feel the heat raise out the turf at that spot more so.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

As long as it's an all white look they could look pretty good. I wonder if they would use the patterns on adidas' third jerseys this year.

The uniforms are supposed to be worn against LSU so it doesn't seem likely that they'll be all white.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU said:

DkQ843BUwAAHpmR.jpg:large

Matte Gold for Purdue

Ugh,  I do wish Pitt would do this while they have the gold and navy. I remeber Akron wearing these, now that gold fabric on pants are matte and plain without the dazzle sparkles I love these helmets with teams with gold pants.

I think that colored turfs are used more for recruitment and to be used as a "cool" factor. A player would more willing to go to a school because they have a "unique" turf.

I am indifferent on the situation, mainly because it has become so widespread. Some colors work, others don't. Black is too dark of a color to play on due to heat. Gray is fine, and blue is more common. But red, gold, and purple/gray striped is too bold.

Barrow High School in Alaska actually has a pretty decent looking blue field, for its location. It makes for a pretty unforgettable playing experience.

Image result for barrow high school football

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

48 minutes ago, bowld said:

^^ Holy crap, think that field should have been moved in a few (hundred) feet? Late hit out of bounds and your pushing up daisies 

This literally made me laugh out loud...

EDIT: The Arctic Ocean is probably less than 200 feet away on the other side.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Utqiagvik,+AK+99723/@71.3228468,-156.6647434,1100a,35y,39.15t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x50c2d8011fe06ec5:0xb9d4811209c3d850!8m2!3d71.2905556!4d-156.788611

8 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I don't know a gosh darn thing about the geography of Barrow, Alaska. PLEASE tell me that body of water right next to thie field is just a pond.

It's apparently a lake of some kind.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Utqiagvik,+AK+99723/@71.3228468,-156.6647434,1100a,35y,39.15t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x50c2d8011fe06ec5:0xb9d4811209c3d850!8m2!3d71.2905556!4d-156.788611

3 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I think that colored turfs are used more for recruitment and to be used as a "cool" factor. A player would more willing to go to a school because they have a "unique" turf.

I am indifferent on the situation, mainly because it has become so widespread. Some colors work, others don't. Black is too dark of a color to play on due to heat. Gray is fine, and blue is more common. But red, gold, and purple/gray striped is too bold.

Barrow High School in Alaska actually has a pretty decent looking blue field, for its location. It makes for a pretty unforgettable playing experience.

Image result for barrow high school football

Guessing they rent some pontoons for the visiting team's bench? 

And this photo must be during construction because I don't think having a backhoe hold up goalposts is regulation. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

12 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

How do people play on black turf on a hot, sunny day?  Do people who get tackled burn themselves?  Or does this only work in the PNW where it's never sunny?

The midwest gets the same amount of rain as the PNW, but it’s condensed into about a third to half as many days. The south gets significantly more rain. Hard rain and thunderstorms are rare in the PNW. Rather, you can expect a little bit of drizzle most days in the spring and fall, but certainly not all day/every day. The most consistent gloom and rain comes in the winter. The summer is about four consistent months with almost no rain or gloom, just haze and sun.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

It's interesting that we're talking about colored turf. Behold the colored turf rainbow I made! Too bad there's no orange to complete it.

DkQ0K0lUcAASdK0?format=jpg&name=small

Don't go giving people any ideas. An orange field might blind people.

spacer.png

Archived