College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

Just for curiosity’s sake, I went ahead and mocked up several combos with the Ducks’ new set that I feel like we might (and in some cases should) actually see at some point:

bKlfn11.jpg

blw3pBw.jpg

qaYWcpn.jpg

bPTnr4t.jpg

k9xgkmD.jpg

fYiUUUr.jpg

ceHCoxv.jpg

If there are any combos you guys would like to see, I’d be happy to mock those up and post them here. Also, I’ll post a couple different variations later of what a second white jersey with green accents might look like.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

But i think the thing is that unlike these schools, Oregon has been the trendsetter in college football (and just football, really).

Almost every popular trend started with Oregon. Matte, Patterned, Chrome helmets, became popular after Oregon did them. 

So yeah they definitely didn't invent the "traditional" uniform, nor are they the only team doing it now, but they've been at the forefront of trends for almost the past 20 years, so assuming they're not hot garbage on the field while they wear these, there's a good chance you see other programs (college and hs) influenced by these. 

Good points, although to be fair, High School football uniforms are influenced equally by Snapchat and whichever artist is trending on Spotify.  Which is why 90% of HS uniforms are utter garbage.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, graydon said:

maxresdefault.jpg

This was a contrasting nameplate from a random team I found and it looks terrible. I know Oregons looks signifgantly cleaner with the two tone colouring but Im interested to see if they look good on the field.

This is Southeast Missouri State's most recent Nike uniform, for those who have no idea which team this is. The thicknesses of the 2 and the 1 are appalling, though.

2 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Good points, although to be fair, High School football uniforms are influenced equally by Snapchat and whichever artist is trending on Spotify.  Which is why 90% of HS uniforms are utter garbage.

Yeah and a lot, i feel like, is just coaches seeing a trend (good or bad) and going for it thinking it's cool just bc a known program did it. 

I think it's died down a little bit, but i feel like there was a window probably like '14-'16 where so many hs teams had two toned gradient helmets and it drove me crazy. 

I've even seen adidas "tire tread" sublimated on off brand jerseys. Thats  on of the worst offenses of bad ideas i've seen recently

----------------------------------------------

I'll say these oregon jerseys are growing on me. 

Still not a huge fan of the neon green, but most of the combinations posted above, as well as the video make them look pretty solid. 

3 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Why can’t Oregon have trendy uniforms that are appealing to recruits (because apparently thats a reason to pick a school now) yet still look good? This set has some potential. They just messed up.

From what I've seen, the recruits and players are digging them.  All of us who are criticizing it on this board and elsewhere aren't recruits or players currently on the team so our opinions don't mean a whole heckuva lot.

1 hour ago, _RH_ said:

I mean, in fairness, these Oregon unis aren't so bad.  I am by no means a fan of the contrasting nameplate, but I wonder why they didn't do something like this to make it feel like a part of the jersey:

6r1rih.jpg

Looks like a soccer jersey 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

21 hours ago, mafiaman said:

YEARS?

As in introducing or at least popularizing new concepts to their uniforms. Their set in the last few years just felt derivative of the Mariota set and didn't really push boundaries too far in any way, especially in comparison to how far many other schools take it now. These are refreshing to me in that it feels like Oregon is trying something new again. 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I mean, in fairness, these Oregon unis aren't so bad.  I am by no means a fan of the contrasting nameplate, but I wonder why they didn't do something like this to make it feel like a part of the jersey:

6r1rih.jpg

Hmm. That's actually okay.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 8/24/2018 at 8:45 AM, upperV03 said:

Also, I’ll post a couple different variations later of what a second white jersey with green accents might look like.

A bit late on this, but here they are:

FH55HT9.jpg

RxzFxqu.jpg

If they are to have a second white jersey with green accents, I’d much prefer something like the first version. I’m not a huge fan of the yellow inline in the numbers on the second version I did, though I do like the yellow inside the nameplate and military style name badge above the swoosh. That said, I think the first version is more realistic of what we could expect a second white jersey to look like (if they even have one in the works).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived