College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Colorado going gold/white/white vs CSU:

Not nearly as good as gold/white/black, but not bad. I remember when they first wore it in 2000 against USC. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since it's not technically in the field of play I can see this working without being an issue. 

But it could affect instant replay outcomes if black paint causes more of a visual issue than white paint.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Kind of amazed that they got some sort of NCAA approval for this.

I just wonder if this makes it harder to determine if a player stays inbounds.I hope an interior white border will be applied.

Otherwise I like it

56 minutes ago, Placebo said:

I just wonder if this makes it harder to determine if a player stays inbounds.I hope an interior white border will be applied.

Otherwise I like it

thought the same thing, but white shoes and white border, black shoes black border. Same issues. As long as there is enough difference in the black and green

As long as Purdue isn't dumb enough to do something like a black endzone, this is probably fine. Even then, teams have used white endzones, but just used didn't fill the whole thing so as to maintain contrast.

I haven’t seen it actually comfirmed yet but this graphic sent out today makes it look like we’ll be wearing all-white for our home opener this weekend. That is something that we’ve never done at home before so this is an interesting way for Chad Morris to start his first game with us. 

9 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

I haven’t seen it actually comfirmed yet but this graphic sent out today makes it look like we’ll be wearing all-white for our home opener this weekend. That is something that we’ve never done at home before so this is an interesting way for Chad Morris to start his first game with us. 

The red (cardinal) helmet with white logo is the only helmet they need. One of the best in college football (metallic or satin)

Looks like Arkansas State might be doing another dumb thing with their helmets.

uoJTleU.jpg

9WD58jI.jpg

It's hard to tell (the main issue), but it's a dumb, mono-colored version of the wolf logo. It might just be the same as the dumb mono-colored logo that was previously used on the white helmets, but red and black don't contrast as well. But it also looks like it has more of a metallic sheen. Either way, they all suck, and they've yet to use the wolf logo on a helmet in a way that isn't stupid.

Ws59j9E.jpg

Archived