College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:45 PM, Chawls said:

Maryland’s current uniforms are the best in their program’s history. 

Dl9KyPDUwAE22jA.jpg

The 2001 Terps would like to have a word with you lol

mary-01-redwhite-billvaughan-675x3801.jp

Honestly the helmets are the worst part of the set. If they returned to the pennant decals on a white, black or even a red helmet it would be a huge upgrade in my book.

s-l225.jpg81FDoQxkunL._AC_UL320_SR316,320_.jpg

Hotter Than July > Thriller

43 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

The fact they try making the flag look 3d kills it, I'd be ok with it if they kept the flag as is and removed the 3d Elements

Also found possibly one of the messiest uniforms possible with Austin Peay

esatO2V.jpg

It's like they picked up the jerseys at a different store. Everything else is pretty plain in comparison.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Davidellias said:

The fact they try making the flag look 3d kills it, I'd be ok with it if they kept the flag as is and removed the 3d Elements

Also found possibly one of the messiest uniforms possible with Austin Peay

esatO2V.jpg

I’m a student at Austin Peay (and actually designed some of the baseball team’s new uniforms). This uniform set is years ahead past uniforms the team has used, and the red jerseys are actually a really good look. The “Gov Head” logo, which is underused compared to the “AP” and “Gov Head and Shoulders” (actual name) logos, along with the black outline on the AP, are the most questionable aspects. There’s also word floating around the football team of new black elements being added to the set, assumed to be debuted at the home opener next week that has been touted as a black-out.

21 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

The Cal-UNC game looked great

NelsonAaron_fi360News_Cal_UNC_9_1_2018-5

I honestly think this is the best looking matchup in college football.

Yes, I'm a Cal fan from the Bay Area who now lives a stones throw away from Chapel Hill.
No, I swear I'm not biased...the two blues are so great when they contrast.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Yeah I’m not feeling it much, either. The “gold” is more of a beige and the uniform template could do with a clean up. Still dislike the cut off collar. I would probably like this look a lot more with the traditional helmet and pants like we saw in a recruiting visit previously. Also, I don’t like the mix of eras with the super modern uniforms and the overly vintage end zones.

yOCwWcB

8 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

yOCwWcB

Came here to basically post this. The Black jersey isn't that bad as an alternate in a vacuum but it should always be worn with the gold pants and helmet. Those black pants and two-tone helmets need to be launched into space.

I love that they brought back the old school endzones too.

On 9/1/2018 at 9:45 PM, Chawls said:

Maryland’s current uniforms are the best in their program’s history. 

Dl9KyPDUwAE22jA.jpg

agreed. i love how restrained the flag pattern is used here. you dont need to take something like that and turn it up to 11 all up and down the uniform. use it so its enough to stand out and direct the eye where it needs to go (helmet), tie it into the rest of the uniform (shoulders) and dont let it interfere with the most critical part of the uniform (number). i got a chance to see it in person and the craftsmanship in that uniform, the helmet is unbelievable. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Virginia Tech's uniforms are a major downgrade from what they had last year.  Florida State's uniforms... those are awful.  The maroon they use is too dark for it to work with the black and I hate that gold they use.

IUe6Hvh.png

39 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Also I've just about had enough of turnover jewelry. Pathetic and childish. Turnover chain, thrown, velvet robe. Come on already.

I liked what Miami did last year with the turnover chain, I felt it was a fun way to celebrate a turnover. But other copies have really been too much and it’s just lost the special feeling. Like the turnover throne, really? That doesn’t seem a like little too much, Boise?

57 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

agreed. i love how restrained the flag pattern is used here. you dont need to take something like that and turn it up to 11 all up and down the uniform. use it so its enough to stand out and direct the eye where it needs to go (helmet), tie it into the rest of the uniform (shoulders) and dont let it interfere with the most critical part of the uniform (number). i got a chance to see it in person and the craftsmanship in that uniform, the helmet is unbelievable. 

Wear it with white pants, and I'd be right there with you.

3 hours ago, djam2410 said:

The Cal-UNC game looked great

NelsonAaron_fi360News_Cal_UNC_9_1_2018-5

If only UNC could/would just put stripes on the pants that match the helmet stripes, I'd rate their uniforms as a perfect 10. As f now UNC's uniforms are about a 9.65

Hotter Than July > Thriller

15 minutes ago, jn8 said:

I liked what Miami did last year with the turnover chain, I felt it was a fun way to celebrate a turnover. But other copies have really been too much and it’s just lost the special feeling. Like the turnover throne, really? That doesn’t seem a like little too much, Boise?

It becomes a distraction. Also how long do you need to celebrate a turnover anyway? Plus say you're down 35-7 in the 3rd. Get an INT...do you sit in your turnover throne and showboat with your "swag" during a lost cause game?+

Archived