College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

11 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

They didn't look terrible close-up, but from a distance (like, from the stands, or from most TV broadcast angles) it just looked like a plain gray helmet.

depositphotos_18060423-stock-photo-flori

Forget Maryland.  Let's all reminisce about how much better Florida State used to look... 

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Blackout games against B1G teams at home is now basically a tradition

EDIT: Epilepsy warning

I've been a big fan of ASU's updated brand from Nike and more recently Adidas, but the heather grey look is never going to be a good one on any team. Way too many things going on here (just like the reveal video itself). I'll fight to defend this black uniform. 

Brock-Osweiler-ASU-vs-Missouri.jpg

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

3 hours ago, Green27 said:

I've been a big fan of ASU's updated brand from Nike and more recently Adidas, but the heather grey look is never going to be a good one on any team. Way too many things going on here (just like the reveal video itself). I'll fight to defend this black uniform. 

Brock-Osweiler-ASU-vs-Missouri.jpg

Fight to defend those Mizzou unis while you're at it. The piping isn't great, but i forgot how good the block M and old gold looked on the gloss black helmet.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

It certainly seems like the Ducks will be going all-green this weekend, as a couple of the players’ Instagram stories shows the new green helmets and jerseys being prepped:

5wBCiXO.jpg

1PHQvF6.jpg

PlBV7YS.jpg

Those jerseys look straight DIY home project. Buy kelly green v neck shirt, cut out yellow numbers, add embellishments. Honestly the most interesting design element on these is the Pac12 shield.

45 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Those jerseys look straight DIY home project. Buy kelly green v neck shirt, cut out yellow numbers, add embellishments. Honestly the most interesting design element on these is the Pac12 shield.

I know.  It's almost as if these are on a placeholder template until Nike is ready to roll out their next latest and greatest.

6 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I know.  It's almost as if these are on a placeholder template until Nike is ready to roll out their next latest and greatest.

I'm not sure how they would make a better template. With minimal seams the Vapor Untouchable template is pretty damn hard to beat, unless Nike figured out how to make use even less seams. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

5 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

I'm not sure how they would make a better template. With minimal seams the Vapor Untouchable template is pretty damn hard to beat, unless Nike figured out how to make use even less seams. 

Only other possibilities are less seams, better ventilation, and/or new materials.

6 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Seeing some of the Oregon practice jerseys makes me weary that Nike might find a way to keep trying to change seams around for no other reason than to keep things fresh from a proprietary standpoint. Sucks, too, since I’m pretty high on VU in the current field of templates.

22 hours ago, See Red said:

Forget Maryland.  Let's all reminisce about how much better Florida State used to look... 

Add the current spear to the previous uniforms and call it a day.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Slight update for the Muskingum University Muskies (DIII - Ohio Athletic Conference) under new head coach Erik Ieuter and AD Steve Brockelbank. The team replaced the old football-specific, beveled, and over-shadowed MU logo for the athletic department's actual logo.

Before:

A70D1122_rotator.jpg

After:

5S3A6138_rotator.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

12 hours ago, upperV03 said:

5wBCiXO.jpg

1PHQvF6.jpg

PlBV7YS.jpg

Why can't those feathers just be yellow dammit? What's even the point of making a design element and then ensuring nobody will be able to see it in game, this is my biggest uniform trigger ever and Oregon has destroyed me with this for years. I don't understand how or why it's a thing, it's ok to have visual designs people can see nike.

3 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Why can't those feathers just be yellow dammit? What's even the point of making a design element and then ensuring nobody will be able to see it in game, this is my biggest uniform trigger ever and Oregon has destroyed me with this for years. I don't understand how or why it's a thing, it's ok to have visual designs people can see nike.

I think the feathers are fine as a low-contrast design element because they're a relatively large, simple pattern. They've used this as a low-contrast element for a while, including the first time they broke them out, without much of a problem:

peUMatW.png

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

3 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

It’s also okay to have parts of the design that don’t stand out, in order to to highlight something else. If everything stands out, nothing does. Contrast, emphasis, harmony; all principles of design.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

14 hours ago, Gupti said:

Seeing some of the Oregon practice jerseys makes me weary that Nike might find a way to keep trying to change seams around for no other reason than to keep things fresh from a proprietary standpoint. Sucks, too, since I’m pretty high on VU in the current field of templates.

Nike really can't top the VU template. I can honestly see them scrapping it and going back to many unnecessary panels just because they can and teams will change because they buy anything Nike sells them. Solely making it of new materials doesn't warrant a full fledged new template - not from Nike. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing and over selling with Nike.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived