College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

5 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Wouldn't be shocked to see the black unis for Stanford still. It's already been noted that there will be less combos this season.

Then again I also wouldn't be shocked if we get Y/G/Y or G/G/Y since Cristobal seems to be a little more reserved and traditional

Fans are supposed to wear yellow for the Stanford game, so I doubt they’d wear the black set again for that game since it doesn’t have any yellow in at all. If I had to guess, I’d say they’ll wear either of these two combos against the Cardinal:

qaYWcpn.jpg

bPTnr4t.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Colorado is the only school that makes the GFGS work imo. It works so perfectly with their color scheme even as a gimmick. Everyone else can eat my ass though, even Oregon and Oregon State.

Well, not only does it work, but it also has some significance to the state. Colorado has had a big part in silver mining. Heck, the largest silver nugget was found in the state. (http://raregoldnuggets.com/?p=6032)

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

Well, not only does it work, but it also has some significance to the state. Colorado has had a big part in silver mining. Heck, the largest silver nugget was found in the state. (http://raregoldnuggets.com/?p=6032)

3 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Colorado is the only school that makes the GFGS work imo. It works so perfectly with their color scheme even as a gimmick. Everyone else can eat my ass though, even Oregon and Oregon State.

The school colors are actually gold and silver. If they didn’t have such a good look with the gold, black and white, I think they could really do something unique and original that makes better use of the two school colors with less black.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

6 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Texas Tech wanted to wear white jerseys at home this Saturday against Houston for Tech's annual "Celebrate Cotton" game, but Houston won't agree to wear dark jerseys.

http://m.kcbd.com/kcbd/db_331352/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=BQpONZeD

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the visiting team (Houston) not get to choose whether they wear color or white?  The home team decides if they will wear color or white and it's the away teams duty to clash with it

3 hours ago, lbj273 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the visiting team (Houston) not get to choose whether they wear color or white?  The home team decides if they will wear color or white and it's the away teams duty to clash with it

College rules are different

6 hours ago, lbj273 said:

NCAA rules state that if the home team wishes to wear white both teams must agree to it in writing prior to the season. That didn't happen here, so TT has known about this since the opening kickoff of their game with Ole Miss. Why are we only hearing about it now? 

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/FB18.pdf   Page FR-22, bottom of the page.

10 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Aww poor baby referring to Houston. ?

There's a reason the NCAA requires both teams to agree in writing prior to the season when the home team wants to wear white. Consider the amount of planning and effort it takes to transport a teams gear to an away game. Now consider being asked at the last minute to add in the complication of having to launder over 100 red uni's that were just worn the previous Saturday. 

14 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

I understand that silver has a history with the school, but gray isn't silver. And Colorado's usual black/gold/white scheme works so well that it's a shame when they wear gray.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I actually like Colorado's gray alts. Didn't think I would when they first unveiled them but in live action they look pretty good. Especially if they go Gray/White/Gray

Colorado's current set is pretty solid. There just a few minor changes I'd make.

1. Get rid of both the black and white helmets. The gold and grays look way better (to me at least).
  2. Ditch the double outline on the numbers. The numbers are currently outlined in gold and silver. Just go with a single gold outline and call it a day.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Some Oregon players are starting to post some shots of the new black helmets on their Instagram stories:

EHY6QFV.jpg

YxBugkZ.jpg

As I previously said, they’ll be breaking them in during tomorrow and Friday’s walkthrough practices. And the combo for Saturday, which will almost certainly be all-black, should be officially revealed tomorrow morning.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, coogrfan said:

There's a reason the NCAA requires both teams to agree in writing prior to the season when the home team wants to wear white. Consider the amount of planning and effort it takes to transport a teams gear to an away game. Now consider being asked at the last minute to add in the complication of having to launder over 100 red uni's that were just worn the previous Saturday. 

To be fair, they are transporting uniforms no matter what. They go in a bin on the truck. And the red are washed well before the whites would be packed for the road game. On top of all that, it would much easier to launder the red jerseys again instead of the whites. It's harder to clean white.

If I had to guess, I would say they are doing it for spite.

20 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

The school colors are actually gold and silver. If they didn’t have such a good look with the gold, black and white, I think they could really do something unique and original that makes better use of the two school colors with less black.

Indeed.

Picture2.JPG  COXXUC5656A%20(3).JPG  COXXUC5656A%20(2).JPG 

8f78592da559700f8c86ab38fd7bbcc3.jpg    Joe_Romig.0.jpg  

HR0814c.jpg    

14 hours ago, Ben5 said:

To be fair, they are transporting uniforms no matter what. They go in a bin on the truck. And the red are washed well before the whites would be packed for the road game. On top of all that, it would much easier to launder the red jerseys again instead of the whites. It's harder to clean white.

If I had to guess, I would say they are doing it for spite.

Fair enough. I was speculating as to the possible reasons for this decision. Turns out it was simpler than I thought.

According to NCAA rules, if the home team wants to wear white at home the road team must agree in writing. Fox announced in May that they were picking up this game for it's 3 pm window.  

The last day any agreement could be reached under NCAA rules was August 31. The high in Lubbock on that date was 97. UH therefore decided not to agree to TT's request. I think most would agree that Houston had no way to know at that time that it would be unseasonably mild only two weeks later.

Ducks confirmed to be going all-black on Saturday:

ppTtipB.jpg

Aside from the 2017 spring game, this’ll be their first time wearing all-black since 2015 vs. USC (they did wear black/anthracite/anthracite in 2016 vs. Stanford, but that’s not quite the same as all-black).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived