College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Joe_Romig.0.jpg  

hold up...what is that helmet and how many years did they wear it?

edit - wait nevermind. found this on the Helmet Project

"*1 Helmets with very oddly-shaped "horns" were used during at least the period 1959 through 1961, with there apparently being some variation in the shape of the horns during this period; the helmet image above is intended to represent an average of the different shapes. A different style of "horns" was used earlier, perhaps during only a single game, the Orange Bowl game vs Clemson in January 1957."

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

53 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Wasn't this supposed to be the TAMU game that A&M bailed on?

A&M pulled out of that game nearly 4 years ago, Oregon's color schedule came out a couple months ago and these uniforms have been out for only a month so it's not like they couldn't change things up.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:41 PM, upperV03 said:

After going traditional grey/crimson/grey last weekend, Washington State will be going anthracite/crimson/anthracite this time around:

Here’s how this combo looked last season:

SRX_WSUSTAN_008_tt_ffPIK6N.jpg

What the hell is this new trend with the tshirt hanging beneath the jersey.  Doesn't look good at all,  and adds no benefits whatsoever. As a player,  I hated my jersey becoming untucked. These new kids make a fashion of it.  Its hideous. 

5 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

What the hell is this new trend with the tshirt hanging beneath the jersey.  Doesn't look good at all,  and adds no benefits whatsoever. As a player,  I hated my jersey becoming untucked. These new kids make a fashion of it.  Its hideous. 

Well don’t worry. Since the NCAA hates individuality, new uniform codes are being enforced this year about shirts hanging out from under the jersey, exposed back plates, and exposed knees. At least at the level I play at, they’re taking this pretty seriously.

1 hour ago, sleuthpanther said:

Well don’t worry. Since the NCAA hates individuality, new uniform codes are being enforced this year about shirts hanging out from under the jersey, exposed back plates, and exposed knees. At least at the level I play at, they’re taking this pretty seriously.

Its not about "individuality", it looks like garbage. Its called a uniform for a reason... I wish they would take it seriously. There's no reason for shirts to hang out past the jersey unless someone wants an extra place to grab on to. Also... exposed back plates and exposed knees need to go away for safety reasons...  

1 hour ago, sleuthpanther said:

Show me the NCAA restrictions on hair length and tattoos and I'll agree on your point in bold.

I'm not sure how individuality is represented through tshirts hanging below the jersey. There's no statement to be made.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

25 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Show me the NCAA restrictions on hair length and tattoos and I'll agree on your point in bold.

I'm not sure how individuality is represented through tshirts hanging below the jersey. There's no statement to be made.

It just looks sloppy.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

30 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

If the NCAA tried to regulate tattoos, they'd run out of players.

There's a difference between individuality in the player wearing the uniform and individuality in the uniform. 

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

17 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

If the NCAA tried to regulate tattoos, they'd run out of players.

There's a difference between individuality in the player wearing the uniform and individuality in the uniform. 

True, but even then the NCAA allows for a lot of individual choices when wearing the uniform. They just don't like the look of shirts hanging out.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

58 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

Its not about "individuality", it looks like garbage. Its called a uniform for a reason... I wish they would take it seriously. There's no reason for shirts to hang out past the jersey unless someone wants an extra place to grab on to. Also... exposed back plates and exposed knees need to go away for safety reasons...  

In high school, I had a teammate slice his upper arm open because his arm got caught in an exposed backplate while being tackled at practice.

Archived