College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

On 9/15/2018 at 10:53 PM, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Most teams would be hated on relentlessly if they put out a black uniform that didn't actually have a team color on it. But Oregon gets a pass because they're "modern"

1. Black is essentially one of their colors now. 

2. They also kinda own Green, Yellow, and everything in between. (The orange duck outfits is where i draw the line on colors they shouldn't use)

3. They're Oregon...as silly as all of this may sound. 

13 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Which, if it’s tasteful and strategic, does much more good than harm.

I'm definitely a fan of proprietary fonts, with that being said i really don't like the new USC number font. 

Their old block font was so perfect with their uniforms, and it was still really unique as far as block fonts go. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aggies wearing throwbacks from 1998 (big 12 championship season) for their matchup vs Kentucky in a few weeks. Very clean looking uniforms with the faux mesh look that adidas has done for Nebraska in the past. Really like the shiny helmets and white face masks and hope jimbo brings those back full time next season.

Hadn’t seen this mentioned yet. Purdue wore the school name on the back this past weekend, which should be against NCAA rules.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Sept2017Football_FAQ_Uniforms_Messagesv2_20170928.pdf

Are any words other than the player’s name allowed in the nameplate on the back?

No, with this lone exception: The U. S. military academies are allowed to substitute character concepts such as Honor, Integrity, Valor, etc. Other colleges and universities may only use the player’s name.

Also, here are the Aggies. I really like this faux mesh look adidas has done for their throwbacks.

It even includes the pattern they used on the collar 20 years ago.

Looks like the font could do to be a little wider but overall a very nice look. Interesting that adidas put together a throwback of an old Nike look. Also, I find it funny that the conference logo is designed to look the same as it was 20 years ago, except that back then it was for the Big 12, but now it’s the SEC.

nguyen_dat_1998neb.jpg?width=1416&height

On 9/16/2018 at 11:40 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I watched that.  A lot of orange and white going on there.  I thought BSU would play better than that.

I think they underestimated the speed of the OSU defense. Given that circumstance, I thought they played as good as the situation was. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

30 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I am beyond impressed with these. They even got the little details right by having our 90s helmet logo, the old school pennant conference patch, and the previously mentioned tie-dyed collar

These are A+. My favorite Aggie look (though the current set is decent and one or two of the other adidas alternates weren't bad)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Navy jerseys for Georgia Tech. Supposedly inspired from the 1990 squad. I’m not seeing any similiarities besides the color. These are basically a re-color of the two white sets. The jersey needs some white number outlines to match the helmet and pants. Looks like something Pitt would wear. Not bad, though. adidas has been good for Tech compared to Russell.

8 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Hadn’t seen this mentioned yet. Purdue wore the school name on the back this past weekend, which should be against NCAA rules.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Sept2017Football_FAQ_Uniforms_Messagesv2_20170928.pdf

I don't think the NCAA places specific restrictions on which location of a jersey a team puts the allowed information..

From the 2018 NCAA football rulebook:

Other than the player’s number, the jersey may only contain:

Player’s name;
School name;
Mascot name;
NCAA logo;
Sleeve stripes;
Logo for school, conference, mascot, postseason-game, memorial, the military;
Graduate or academic recognition as part of an institutional or
conference logo;
The letter “C” to identify a team captain;
American flag;
State flag;
Permissive for the 2019 season: The College Football 150th Anniversary
mark.

8 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Yeah, those SMU uniforms look like they were hastily cobbled together from three different uniform sets. Not a good look at all.

Now, if they were still wearing these, it would have been a nice-looking game for real:

gajtPKZ.jpg

It's weird that those look so much like they're made by Adidas.

4 hours ago, jsr862 said:

More teams need to add the game mesh holes. Something just screams collegiate football too me, pure beauty.

Maybe it because I grew up in the era of mesh holes that I so much prefer the cleaner look of sewn appliqué or even silicone numbers. But then I was glad in the late 80s when I thought that trucker hats were dead.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

7 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

I understand the front design. but does anyone know why the back number looks like it was printed on a potato sack and stitched to the jersey? 

I wouldn't be surprised if thats actually what the team did in 1932 lol

6 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if thats actually what the team did in 1932 lol

I think that's what they did. 

"Hazlet settled on 8-inch front numbers, silver with a black outline so they wouldn't blend in with the maroon stripes and white jersey. The back numbers include a burlap base, just like in the 1930s, with the numbers stitched on." 

https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2018/9/18/football-throwback-uniforms-two-years-in-making.aspx 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived