College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

39 minutes ago, cheo25 said:

I just read a story on The Athletic (subscription required) about Oregon's uniforms. Allegedly, no more "different uniform combo for every game."

Essentially, they're wearing four uniform combos this year:

• Mono green
  • Mono yellow
  • Mono black
  • White jerseys, white pants and a copper-looking helmet

https://theathletic.com/534059/2018/09/19/oregon-uniform-combinations-cutting-back-2018-season/

That helmet would be the silver chrome we have already seen. Not copper.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cheo25 said:

I just read a story on The Athletic (subscription required) about Oregon's uniforms. Allegedly, no more "different uniform combo for every game."

• Mono green
  • Mono yellow
  • Mono black

https://theathletic.com/534059/2018/09/19/oregon-uniform-combinations-cutting-back-2018-season/

So basically they went full Oregon but didn't go full Oregon. Hmm...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, cheo25 said:

• Mono green
  • Mono yellow
  • Mono black

Yep, I posted the link to this article on here yesterday. As I said in my post, I’ll believe it when I see it in regards to them not mixing and matching at all this season. Also, they will for sure have a fifth uniform that hasn’t been released yet, and possibly a sixth as well, so it won’t just be those four combos that you posted. They’re known for pulling out some surprises, so you never really know what to believe and expect from them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

For the first three games this season, the Ducks released their uniforms on social media on Thursday at 10am, but so far this morning they haven’t made any announcement about what they’re wearing this Saturday. That coupled with the fact that several players were wearing the yellow and green game cleats in practice yesterday really leads me to believe that they might be changing things up and not going all-yellow again like what’s been reported. As I said yesterday, I’m thinking they could go yellow/green/yellow or green/green/yellow (possibly even yellow/green/green) instead of repeating the all-yellow.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon State going all-black vs. Arizona:

DnjQPCIU8AArss0?format=jpg

So far this season they’ve gone all-white for both of their road games, and now all-black for both of their home games.

As a Duck, I hate to say it, but OSU really has improved their uniforms so much in the last few years. The shoulder stripes, matte helmet, and number outline is all great!

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

10 hours ago, walkerws said:

No. Just some junk excuse. If it was the same set or close, yeah. This is just a reverse of their new look. I am still not a fan of the Georgia Tech word mark. It doesn't match the GT logo. 

Makes sense, but to be fair, it’s not all that common for a team’s wordmark to match its monogram logo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

So far this season they’ve gone all-white for both of their road games, and now all-black for both of their home games.

Might just be a photoshop error, but in the larger picture #9 has a white outline.  In the thumbnail, #55 has a gold outline.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I miss the white area of the facemasks that resembled beaver teeth. I really thought that was a creative way to pay homage to their mascot.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

39 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Might just be a photoshop error, but in the larger picture #9 has a white outline.  In the thumbnail, #55 has a gold outline.

Yeah, that’s just a photoshop error in the thumbnail image. The picture of #9 correctly shows what they’ll be wearing Saturday, as their black jerseys have a double outline, with gold on the inside and white on the outside:

Dm_eDk7UYAAiDOd?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah, that’s just a photoshop error in the thumbnail image. The picture of #9 correctly shows what they’ll be wearing Saturday, as their black jerseys have a double outline, with gold on the inside and white on the outside:

What is the purpose of the gold outline. That doesnt fit in with Oregon St at all. Is there some symbolic or historical reason for it?

For the first three games this season, the Ducks released their uniforms on social media on Thursday at 10am, but so far this morning they haven’t made any announcement about what they’re wearing this Saturday. That coupled with the fact that several players were wearing the yellow and green game cleats in practice yesterday really leads me to believe that they might be changing things up and not going all-yellow again like what’s been reported. As I said yesterday, I’m thinking they could go yellow/green/yellow or green/green/yellow (possibly even yellow/green/green) instead of repeating the all-yellow.

Perhaps it'll be one of the secret jerseys

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

No announcement yet, but I think Arizona will be going blue/white/white. I've seen pics on IG this week of some players in the locker room with blue helmets here & there.

Could be nothing, but usually the official UGA recruiting graphics have the jersey we have come to know as their primary Red Home jersey. This one Is obviously not that. Though it’s likely just a graphic, as I said it’s worth noting that every graphic I’ve seen from them has a jersey that corresponds to the real one.

HEOqeQ7.jpg

spacer.png

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

According to the Ducks’ Assistant AD of Marketing and Sales, the uniforms for Saturday’s game will be released tomorrow, presumably in the morning. I’m still holding out hope for something other than all-yellow again??

He’s now followed that up by saying this:

Could just be a smoke screen, or it could mean that they really are going with something other than all-yellow.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I'd like these a lot more than I do if they ditched the gold outline. Seriously, why did they adopt gold as an accent color?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived