College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope not, its just so much of the jersey taken up by the number, and certain fonts would be terrible with it. These uniforms are slightly boring, and I really dislike the contrasting nameplate. I hope that doesn't become the norm either.

Don't get me wrong... there's still plenty to dislike about the current Ducks' uniform.  The helmet wings are so subtle as to be almost invisible, and the stubborn insistence on the monochrome combos, mostly. But I just find the numbers, especially with that particular font, look kind of bold and interesting filling all that space. And that green used with that yellow remains an amazing color scheme... the de-emphasizing of black, gray, and all the other ugly, trendy "colors" (at least on the yellow and green uniforms) is a big plus.  You'll never hear me criticizing a CFB team for being "too plain" after what we've had to endure the past 10 to 15 years.

If they could just give me green over green over yellow... just once... 

5 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Don't get me wrong... there's still plenty to dislike about the current Ducks' uniform.  The helmet wings are so subtle as to be almost invisible, and the stubborn insistence on the monochrome combos, mostly. But I just find the numbers, especially with that particular font, look kind of bold and interesting filling all that space. And that green used with that yellow remains an amazing color scheme... the de-emphasizing of black, gray, and all the other ugly, trendy "colors" (at least on the yellow and green uniforms) is a big plus.  You'll never hear me criticizing a CFB team for being "too plain" after what we've had to endure the past 10 to 15 years.

If they could just give me green over green over yellow... just once... 

I mostly agree with your assessment here, though I actually like the subtlety of the wings on the new green and black helmets. They could still be made a little bit less subtle, but for the most part I like that they went with the tonal wings on those two helmets. The insistence on the monochrome combos is a bit annoying, though I don’t completely disagree with the premise of sticking to four basic looks, rather than mixing and matching to create an endless amount of combinations like they’ve done in the past. Personally I’d just like to see a few different combos, namely yellow/green/yellow, yellow/white/yellow, and either green/green/yellow or yellow/green/green. Possibly a couple others as well. 

Also, they did wear green/green/yellow once back in 2013, for the Civil War:

131129.RJK_.OEM_.FBC_.OregonState.1492.j

That was before they had the apple green helmets to match the jerseys, so there was a bit of a mismatch between the dark green helmets and lighter green jerseys. They haven’t worn that combo since then, but it’s one that I think would look really sharp with this new set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 9/22/2018 at 12:24 PM, 8BW14 said:

Illinois vs Penn State was an interesting visual last night with the mono-orange/blue trim and mono white/blue trim matchup, not necessarily a good matchup but kinda cool.

jpeg

>implying PSU has trim to begin with.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

On 9/23/2018 at 3:23 PM, pscf3 said:

I obviously wasn’t a fan of how the game turned out, but I agree that Mississippi State vs Kentucky was an excellent uniform matchup. State looked incredible in Maroon/White/Gray, and I think Kentucky is one of the few teams that can pull off mononchrome with their shade of blue.

https://www.hailstateunis.com/2018-football-season/uniforms-look-incredible-at-kentucky-in-matte-white-gray-combo

349765715_orig.jpg

Miss. State has not released one uniform combo that has been bad this year. They are slowly becoming my 3rd favorite uniforms in the SEC. As far as Kentucky, I believe they look better with the white facemask and the white helmet stripe in monochrome. 

Granted this uniform template was the last set, but I think it looks better: 

65826081.jpg&w=850&h=560&c=sc

spacer.png

On 9/22/2018 at 2:47 PM, Kevin W. said:

So close and yet so far. Change the pants to blue and the look would improve immensely.

We haven't gone white/white/blue or white/white/red with the current unis yet. I'm still waiting for blue/blue/red or red/blue/white at home.

2 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

We haven't gone white/white/blue or white/white/red with the current unis yet. I'm still waiting for blue/blue/red or red/blue/white at home.

We'll never go R/B/W at home, and probably not B/B/R either. Give me W/B/W, and W/B/B with W/R/W as an alternate and that would be perfect.

a2BRS8U.png

1 hour ago, H11K said:

We'll never go R/B/W at home, and probably not B/B/R either. Give me W/B/W, and W/B/B with W/R/W as an alternate and that would be perfect.

White helmets should be the only choice. Alternate between red and blue jerseys with white pants at home and red and blue pants with white jerseys on the road. We don’t need any other combos. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

41 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

The Foster Farms Bowl is now the Redbox Bowl. This is the bowl game played at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA. It has tie-ins to the Pac-12 and Big Ten.

Dn85vlUV4AABnWH.jpg

So did that mean we can rent DVDs instead of watching the game??

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

The Foster Farms Bowl is now the Redbox Bowl. This is the bowl game played at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA. It has tie-ins to the Pac-12 and Big Ten.

Dn85vlUV4AABnWH.jpg

Wow, huge downgrade... Purdue beat UA in the Foster Farms Bowl last season and although it isn't a big bowl it had an awesome trophy. Hopefully they maintain that despite completely giving up on the great imagery of the bridge. (You can see the bowl logo in H11K's signature a few posts up)

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

17 hours ago, JTernup said:

Wow, huge downgrade... Purdue beat UA in the Foster Farms Bowl last season and although it isn't a big bowl it had an awesome trophy. Hopefully they maintain that despite completely giving up on the great imagery of the bridge. (You can see the bowl logo in H11K's signature a few posts up)

FosterFarms2015.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived