College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Outside of the Teddy Bridgewater years, I’d argue Louisville has never looked good. And Petrino immediately screwed that up upon his arrival in 2014 by removing the helmet stripes.

Agreed - the Teddy Bridgewater uniforms (even with slight changes to stripes) were some of my favorite Louisville unis.. 

Teddy%20Bridgewater%20by%20Tim%20Girton.

The Chris Redman years were good too (late 90s) though I didn't like the change to tapered helmet stripes.

redman-2.png

Louisville just needs to wear a white helmet with full helmet stripes. It's too easy, yet...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, OaklandIsBack said:

Not a fan of Stanford’s black set, but this does make me feel a little better about Utah going go red/white/red.

Also, it looks like Stanford is going with silver stripes and decals:

5hnnRdv.jpg

l60tGDO.jpg

In the past they’ve gone with cardinal stripes and decals on the black helmets:

DUax1oBVMAAKm_G?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

I was wrong. A video was posted earlier this morning showing white helmets with red facemasks.

Welp. As is tradition with breaking out any type of new uniform element, we will surely lose this game. 

a2BRS8U.png

29 minutes ago, Sedpredictsports said:

Texas A&M in their throwbacks looks great against Kentucky’s white-white-blue set. Very aesthetically pleasing.

this is what they should look like. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Few things:

Louisville looks terrible with the chrome obsession. If they went to a normal red and black, the set wouldn’t be too bad.

VT-ND looks very good as well. I have complaints about the unis individually (ND pants don’t match the helmets, the back of the shoulders/neck for VT) but it’s a very nice matchup considering the options available. 

Also pitt looks great in the throwbacks. And I’m a penn state student saying this. 

Finally, the Mississippi state unis are not very good, the pink socks don’t match and the helmets just look off.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I can’t keep up with this thread so maybe this has been mentioned...

Nebraska has player area codes on the front of their helmets.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/area-codes-on-helmets-allow-huskers-to-represent-something-bigger/article_957a0abe-9788-56c9-9298-36815c3ec7af.html

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

14 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Agreed - the Teddy Bridgewater uniforms (even with slight changes to stripes) were some of my favorite Louisville unis.. 

Teddy%20Bridgewater%20by%20Tim%20Girton.

The Chris Redman years were good too (late 90s) though I didn't like the change to tapered helmet stripes.

redman-2.png

Louisville just needs to wear a white helmet with full helmet stripes. It's too easy, yet...

I was a big fan of the Brian Brohm era uniforms.

brian-brohm-of-the-louisville-cardinals-

Hotter Than July > Thriller

14 hours ago, Sedpredictsports said:

Texas A&M in their throwbacks looks great against Kentucky’s white-white-blue set. Very aesthetically pleasing.

I don't mind the current satin/matte A&M helmets...but the glossy metallic with the white facemask is just awesome. No gimmicky bevels in the numbers either. The throwbacks are just a great look.

Kentucky's quasi-throwback look (similar to their overall uni in the 80s/90s) really made this a great matchup.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Enforcement of the new uniform rules certainly varies. I’ve watched officials make players tuck in their shirts on numeruous occasions, but they obviously didn’t care in the Pitt game.0

I'm guessing they care less when the colors match.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived