College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

12 hours ago, ltp74 said:

All signs are pointing to Pitt changing to these colors for all sports sometime this summer, if they do all these uniforms need are a few tweaks to the stripes and they're good to go. 

I'd like it if it was powder blue, but at least it ain't navy!

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Buc said:

All that aside, this Louisville font. I've been looking at this for about the past five years, all that time I spent studying it up close (believe it or not one of the steel places I used to deliver to literally sits on the edge of Cardinal Stadium's parking lot!), and although I want to like it, something about it just bothers me...something I can't quite put a finger on.

To me, it's like Florida's font which feels like it belongs back in the early aughts.  I wish both teams would move on.

IUe6Hvh.png

11 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Is it me or is the bottom of VILLE lower than the bottom of LOUIS?

It's just you/ lighting. The red stitching "stroke" around the wordmark catches the light at "V" and travels through "ILLE". The light isnt reflecting off of "LOUIS"
so much, so your eyes draw the base of the text where the white meets the darker red, as opposed to where the (white meets the) light red meets the darker red

This is the wordmark on the chest.

8181_louisville_cardinals-wordmark-2001.

6 hours ago, djam2410 said:

It is homecoming week for Cal so I expect the Joe Roth throwbacks to be worn vs, UCLA. We play Stanford at home as well on 11/17 so that is also a possible date for the Joe Roth throwbacks if they arent worn this week 

Isn't the Joe Roth game always against whichever LA team comes to Berkeley each year?

20 hours ago, ltp74 said:

All signs are pointing to Pitt changing to these colors for all sports sometime this summer, if they do all these uniforms need are a few tweaks to the stripes and they're good to go. 

just make the gold more Marino era mustard. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

20 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

I’ve always loved those uniforms. I’m a huge fan especially of the stripe consistency. It’s just an all around great football uniform.

Side note: I’ve long felt the ideal Cal uniforms would be pretty much this in navy and gold, with the “Cal” script in navy on the helmet instead of the “C”. A little merging of eras of sorts.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 10/9/2018 at 1:16 AM, OaklandIsBack said:

Isn't the Joe Roth game always against whichever LA team comes to Berkeley each year?

This is year two with the throwbacks being back so looks like that should be the case moving forward. They did mention that last year during the run up for the game 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

On 10/5/2018 at 12:45 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

ASU always puts the manikin in front of that Sparky fathead, and he always appears to be forking it in the arse.  And I don't blame him... totally unfair how he got yanked off the helmet.

Come to think of it, the mannequin looks a bit...uncomfortable too.

VT going with their traditional home combo for their road game at UNC this Saturday. UNC is going white-out.

I'm not upset about it... but this is the first time this season this combo has been worn, and it's being worn on the road... I enjoy the numerous combinations, but this should've been worn at home already this season. 

53 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

VT going with their traditional home combo for their road game at UNC this Saturday. UNC is going white-out.

I'm not upset about it... but this is the first time this season this combo has been worn, and it's being worn on the road... I enjoy the numerous combinations, but this should've been worn at home already this season. 

UNC going white out at home is a shame.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived