College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

16 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Hey now, we rescheduled our rain out game and we play bethune cookman. We can go a respectable 1-11......

Kill me

Haha just giving you guys a hard time! ;) 

In all honesty I do like it. I appreciate the effort Nebraska and other teams with similar alternates have done in making the helmet look as authentically leather and stitching as they can, as opposed to just a plain white helmet. Really adds a neat element to it.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate the effort Nebraska is putting on the field.  We're losing but the team has way more fight in them than they did under Mike Riley.  

Back on uniforms, I'm really digging the number font.  It almost matches the number font on the back of the helmets (see 2nd picture below).  I actually wouldn't mind that font as a permanent number font instead of the block numbers.

5bc4d27fe97ea.image.jpg?resize=1200,600

5bc260ebaed9a.image.jpg?resize=1200,601

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

5 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

I appreciate the effort Nebraska is putting on the field.  We're losing but the team has way more fight in them than they did under Mike Riley.  

Back on uniforms, I'm really digging the number font.  It almost matches the number font on the back of the helmets (see 2nd picture below).  I actually wouldn't mind that font as a permanent number font instead of the block numbers.

I agree. The numbers complement the thin "N" logo nicely. I'd like to see them with the regular helmet, too. Nebraska should switch to these numbers and make the football helmet "N" the primary identifier athletics-wide.

8 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Haven’t seen this posted. Not bad by any means, but rather bizarre and feels unneeded for the school.

https://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2018/10/15/17980516/are-these-lsus-new-alternate-jerseys

thumb__2_.jpg

meh, money grab for school I guess. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Then you really wont like the helmet (click the right arrow to see)

I think this is essentially Oregon's 1999 paint but in purple.  The Ducks' paint was pretty well-received (though I'm always a sucker for the 90s regular yellow helmets).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ok, after seeing the LSU helmet paired with the jersey, I’m labeling these as a fail. LSU has had some great alternates over the years. However, this new design feels generic and completely out of left field. The only aspect that vaguely looks like the Tigers is the colors.

The uniforms below are all very good alternates. The white helmets and pants are awesome. Wouldn’t want to see them all the time, but I really love that look as a once a year thing (similar to how I feel about Notre Dame’s green set). The gold jersey definitely has a throwback vibe and the Pro Combat is just a slightly different take on the classic look (didn’t love the collar and arm pit panels, but it was nice overall).

There is nothing remarkable about this new alternate by comparison.

DK1fBXXWsAA9ckg.jpg

LSU-uniforms.jpg

Etling-3.jpg

LSU-junior-wide-receiver-Rueben-Randle.j

I’ve never liked LSU’s alternate white pants and helmets because they inexplicably won’t match the striping pattern to the white jersey. 

I don’t dislike this new alternate with the purple helmet but it’s not bad either. It looks like a fun alternate that the players will love. I would like to see a better shot of the helmet in better lighting though. Is there any significance to the odd number font or is it just an odd number font?

21 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Ok, after seeing the LSU helmet paired with the jersey, I’m labeling these as a fail. LSU has had some great alternates over the years. However, this new design feels generic and completely out of left field. The only aspect that vaguely looks like the Tigers is the colors.

The uniforms below are all very good alternates. The white helmets and pants are awesome. Wouldn’t want to see them all the time, but I really love that look as a once a year thing (similar to how I feel about Notre Dame’s green set). The gold jersey definitely has a throwback vibe and the Pro Combat is just a slightly different take on the classic look (didn’t love the collar and arm pit panels, but it was nice overall).

There is nothing remarkable about this new alternate by comparison.

DK1fBXXWsAA9ckg.jpg

LSU-uniforms.jpg

Etling-3.jpg

LSU-junior-wide-receiver-Rueben-Randle.j

Personally, I don’t see how it’s any worse than what they did in the first two photos, changing the gold to white and damaging what is normally a cohesive relationship between helmet, jersey, and pants, or what they did in the last photo, creating a knockoff (and coincidentally much worse) version of their normal uniform with unnecessary panels, a color change, and new typography.

Heck, I actually like this jersey better than their normal one (jury’s still out on the numbers, though), and in terms of concept, I think the Victorian-style patterning is a great device to carry an alternate uniform; very evocative of the region. I do wish the LSU lettering on the helmet was solid gold, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The stripes on the white LSU alternates are one of those quirks that don’t bug me. And when paired with the purple jersey, you’ve actually got a Florida-style striping consistency going on. Only when paired with the white jersey do you notice the inconsistencies. I find that I prefer the white helmet and pants with the different striping pattern while I like the classic stripes better on the white jersey. It’s one of those weird things that I can’t explain.

That probably means the white components should only be worn with the purple jersey so that consistency is maintained, but it doesn’t bother me with the all white look. Perhaps because the helmet stripes match the pants stripes, almost like we talk about alternating NFL uniform colors (such as the Packers yellow helmet, green jersey, yellow pants, green socks).

The one aspect of LSU’s set that does bother me is the striping on the yellow pants which inexplicably do not match the nearly identical helmet stripes. There’s an extra yellow stripe next to the white stripe.

sam-houston-st-lsu-football-fda0df0b3123

Archived