FightingGoldenDevil

College Football uniforms- 2018

Recommended Posts

WSU going full anthracite for their Gameday Game: Instagram

 

As for some of the other unis:

 

Oregon State needs to move to that branding full time. Gorgeous. Either that or the interlocking OS, which was criminally underrated.

 

Navy looks great. No one is doing better design than Under Armour right now, especially since Nike will likely be spending the next two years making everyone’s uniforms into a vehicle for their gigantic numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 12:26 PM, upperV03 said:

As a reminder, Oregon State will be wearing their gorgeous new fauxbacks with the Retro Benny helmets this Saturday against Cal:

Do_uoeWU8AAkYjI?format=jpg

Do_up-rVsAAxWUe?format=jpg

Ordinarily I prefer glossy helmets, but these pics are a perfect example of how satin>matte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

No one is doing better design than Under Armour right now, especially since Nike will likely be spending the next two years making everyone’s uniforms into a vehicle for their gigantic numbers.

I'll take bigger numbers over the stupidly small ones Under Armour is using. And I'm not sure I buy that UA is currently doing the best design in CFB--their hit-and-miss rate doesn't seem significantly better than Nike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

WSU going full anthracite for their Gameday Game: Instagram

 

Not a terrible look, but I would have liked to see some crimson since Gameday's finally gonna be in Pullman. A little ode to "Ole Crimson" would have been a nice touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arkansas State going white-red-white with a properly colored wolf logo on the helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

WSU going full anthracite for their Gameday Game: Instagram

 

As for some of the other unis:

 

Oregon State needs to move to that branding full time. Gorgeous. Either that or the interlocking OS, which was criminally underrated.

 

Navy looks great. No one is doing better design than Under Armour right now, especially since Nike will likely be spending the next two years making everyone’s uniforms into a vehicle for their gigantic numbers.

The Wolverines are using larger numbers this year as well, the difference in sizes and shape betweeen them and Oregon cover up those differences. Most teams wear 10" on the front and 12" on the back. Oregon an Arizona are wearing 12" on the front and back. That's why it's so jarring to most people looking at the front of the uniform. I doubt we'll see Alabama switch to this as it's difficult to talk them into wearing houndstooth for Bear Bryant. I'd like to say Ohio State wouldn't do this, but they've worn all black and all grey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2018 at 10:40 AM, WSU151 said:

 

Solid uniform. Love that helmet. 

Too bad it has numbers on the other side.

TpfRfR9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Too bad it has numbers on the other side.

TpfRfR9.jpg

 

What??

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

heyy umm i actually really like those LSU uniforms a lot.

 

those who don't, what exactly is wrong with them?

They don't look like this.

ZTeVnBk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are phenomenal and would be an upgrade in every conceivable way if they went to these over the UCLA stripes full time. Keep the yellow helmet; add a white lid to the rotation; throw in pairs of plain yellow and purple pants; and it would be the best LSU has ever looked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm one that really likes LSU's alternates. I wouldn't say they're better than the UCLA stripes like Andrew did, but I really like them. I hate when teams fabricate stories for their uniforms, but LSU's story is really spot on. No nameplate in honor of the unknown soldier is nice. The color changing helmet looks really cool in the promo pictures, though I'm curious how it'll look on field. I'm a fan all around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Tulane football fan, I don’t like LSU, but gimmicks be damned, I like these as a one-off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

I'm one that really likes LSU's alternates. I wouldn't say they're better than the UCLA stripes like Andrew did, but I really like them. I hate when teams fabricate stories for their uniforms, but LSU's story is really spot on. No nameplate in honor of the unknown soldier is nice. The color changing helmet looks really cool in the promo pictures, though I'm curious how it'll look on field. I'm a fan all around here.

They lost me in the explanation video when they showed the "French helmet" I believe it was. That aside, these are quite fantastic for one-offs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the helmets are purple but glow gold where light reflections are? 

 

My mind is blown. I gotta see what these look like under the lights of Tiger Stadium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now