College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/16/2018 at 12:26 PM, upperV03 said:

As a reminder, Oregon State will be wearing their gorgeous new fauxbacks with the Retro Benny helmets this Saturday against Cal:

Do_uoeWU8AAkYjI?format=jpg

Do_up-rVsAAxWUe?format=jpg

This uniform is a solid A+. I’m not sure why the jersey appears to not match the helmet/arm sleeve black, but that’s such a minor nitpick anyway, look at the size of the stripes throughout the uniform, legible and well crafted numbers with enough color contrast to separate from the jersey, the “Sail” colored pants, complete lack of tackiness (chrome face mask for example) and all those geometric shapes are broken up by the charmingly cartoonish Bucky logo.(and I don’t say that often about old, hand drawn characters). 

This is what a uniform looks like when you shoot for long lasting craft as opposed to *fire emoji*

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

2 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

They lost me in the explanation video when they showed the "French helmet" I believe it was. That aside, these are quite fantastic for one-offs. 

That was the worst of the Nike speak for sure. It wasn't necessary whatsoever, especially in an "American soldier tribute." No need to shoehorn that in.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Yeah I think overall I’m pretty cool with the LSU alts as far as the look of it. My only problem is the concept behind the helmet (not the look of it, the concept) just because I don’t think it fits the theme of the uniform. It’s like, “honoring the fallen and the unknown soldiers.....WITH MARDI GRAS BEADS BABY”

Yeah the design and look of the helmet is cool, but when you compare the concept of it on its own to the intended concept of the uniform as a whole, it just doesn’t fit. Seems kinda silly, in fact. We know they’re a major university from Louisiana; a nod to Mardi Gras beads to drive that point home really isn’t necessary in the context of the whole uniform’s intended message. Maybe a purple helmet with a subliminated oak pattern would’ve fit the concept better instead? Or maybe it doesn’t need any kind of pattern or hidden meaning at all? 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

As expected, Oregon is going chrome/white/white again for tomorrow’s primetime game at WSU:

With the Cougs going all-anthracite, tomorrow’s game will practically be devoid of any and all color. The Cougs really should’ve incorporated some crimson into this week’s combo, and this would’ve been a good game for the Ducks to switch things up and go with the yellow lids again (or go with the black lids and use yellow or green ‘O’ decals on the back). 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Remember when I said I liked the basic look of Arkansas State in red-white-red despite the inherent terribleness of their jerseys? Probably not, but Texas Tech's throwbacks are basically the far superior ideal of that basic color scheme. I like it a lot.

2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Remember when I said I liked the basic look of Arkansas State in red-white-red despite the inherent terribleness of their jerseys? Probably not, but Texas Tech's throwbacks are basically the far superior ideal of that basic color scheme. I like it a lot.

If you like clean, White-Red-White looks, I have a team recommendation for you. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

35 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Video with some more looks at today’s Oregon combo:

I think if you're going all white, it's just that much more important to get some color on there somewhere. It's like that snoozer that Oregon lost the Natty to tOSU in. Oregon's green is just about the nicest primary color you can find in CFB. You it, idiots.

On 10/19/2018 at 12:15 PM, upperV03 said:

As expected, Oregon is going chrome/white/white again for tomorrow’s primetime game at WSU:

With the Cougs going all-anthracite, tomorrow’s game will practically be devoid of any and all color. The Cougs really should’ve incorporated some crimson into this week’s combo, and this would’ve been a good game for the Ducks to switch things up and go with the yellow lids again (or go with the black lids and use yellow or green ‘O’ decals on the back). 

school colors are for squares I guess. Pains me. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived