College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Big fan of WV's look as well, though upon first sight the first thing that comes to mind is Cal Bears

Navy and athletic gold looks great.  This is the way WVU should look.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

9 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

Navy and athletic gold looks great.  This is the way WVU should look.

If only they would change the number font.  Was watching the game last night and couldn't see the #5 as anything other than an S all game

3 hours ago, PosterNutbag said:

DszTSq6UcAAtCVX.jpg:large

Not a bad look for the Pokes this evening. W/W/B--brand and stripe on the helmet. 

Would like to see us have the same stripe as we have on the helmet used down the side of our pants. Just never a fan of the yoga pants look (for any team at any level of football)

Jerseys and helmet I like

On 11/23/2018 at 9:07 PM, jn8 said:

Dear Oklahoma,

You’re a classic team with classic uniforms. Your alternates are pretty good for one-offs, but for a prime time game on Thanksgiving weekend, please stick to the primaries.

Sincerely,

Some random guy on the internet 

OU seem to always wear those jerseys against WVU, with the exception of last year, and our first two years in the Big 12.

2016Image result for wvu vs oklahoma 2016

2015Image result for wvu vs oklahoma 2015

2014Image result for wvu vs oklahoma 2014

IxkieML.png

1 hour ago, JosiahWVU said:

OU seem to always wear those jerseys against WVU, with the exception of last year, and our first two years in the Big 12.

2016Image result for wvu vs oklahoma 2016

2015Image result for wvu vs oklahoma 2015

2014Image result for wvu vs oklahoma 2014

Totally random, but those WV uniforms look more like something Navy would/should wear.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 11/24/2018 at 11:57 AM, AstroBull21 said:

They ran on field in regular unis, so no change.

I know for a fact Nike made and delivered the uniforms (they’re sitting in the Woody Hayes Athletic Center as we speak) and the program commissioned retailers to make 1968 national championship gear for this weekend, so the plan changed at some point in the last few weeks. Not sure why, but I wager it was superstition from the staff and/or saving them for a potential playoff run (would be easy to replace the solid-color Nike swoosh with the diamond quest swoosh). 

fE7oRqD.jpg

I'm not sure if this was brought up but last week Ohio State's scout teams wore Michigan helmets and jerseys during the week. I believe Michigan actually started the trend of teams doing this but Ohio State has been doing this for at least three years I believe. @AndrewMLind Am I right? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The tradition actually started during Jim Tressel’s tenure, but Ohio State doesn’t allow media to watch in-season practices and the football program didn’t have a social media account until Spring 2016, so that fall was the first time we really saw it in action.

Here’s a Columbus Dispatch article from 2008 that references it: https://www.dispatch.com/article/20081229/NEWS/312299732

"I've got to make sure this thing is lined up right," Kyle Ruhl said. He was covering his silver Ohio State football helmet with blue tape and gold decals, transforming it into a winged Michigan helmet. And with that seemingly traitorous act, Ruhl once again assumed his important but unsung role in preparing the Buckeyes for another opponent. As part of the "scout team," his job is to become the enemy.

19 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

fE7oRqD.jpg

I'm not sure if this was brought up but last week Ohio State's scout teams wore Michigan helmets and jerseys during the week. I believe Michigan actually started the trend of teams doing this but Ohio State has been doing this for at least three years I believe. @AndrewMLind Am I right? 

It's one thing to transform your Ohio State helmet into a Michigan helmet...but adding fake Michigan pride stickers is bumping it up a notch.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Army tweeted a picture of the box from Vicis with their Army-Navy helmets inside. Still no actual pictures though. This uniform better make people's heads melt like opening the Arc of the Covenant. 

Some cool tidbits from Army vs Navy:

- When Army and Navy met on Dec. 2, 1939, the captains of the respective teams were both Kankakee (IL) High School graduates and former gridiron teammates. They were Allen Bergner, the Navy captain, and Harry Stella, the Army captain.

- Contest christened Soldier Field - On Nov. 27, 1926, the game was held in Chicago for the formal dedication of Soldier Field in honor of the American servicemen who had fought in World War I.

Instant replay ushered in

- Instant television replay made its American debut in the 1963 Army-Navy game.

Sources: Daily Journal archives, army.mil

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 minutes ago, ltp74 said:

Pitt is wearing their "throwbacks" in the ACC Championship Game! Hopefully Clemson wears Orange and we get a color vs. color game.

DtCSAU_U4AAxQTu.jpg:large

Clemson/ UNC did it couple years ago. This would be pretty sweet. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

4 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

Oklahoma going with the Roughrider road alternates against Texas for the Big 12 Championship

I'm surprised they didn't make Oklahoma the home team. Or are they just riding their luck with these since they lost in the regular home uniform this year? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm surprised they didn't make Oklahoma the home team. Or are they just riding their luck with these since they lost in the regular home uniform this year? 

Texas is probably the home team as they defeated OU in October

Archived