College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

31 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm surprised they didn't make Oklahoma the home team. Or are they just riding their luck with these since they lost in the regular home uniform this year? 

5 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

Texas is probably the home team as they defeated OU in October

Oklahoma is the home team, but they obviously elected to wear their road Roughrider alts rather than wearing their home uniforms or home Roughrider alts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Oklahoma is the home team, but they obviously elected to wear their road Roughrider alts rather than wearing their home uniforms or home Roughrider alts.

OK, I wasn't sure. The Big Ten alternates between East and West but most others make the higher seed the home team. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

Oklahoma going with the Roughrider road alternates against Texas for the Big 12 Championship

On 11/23/2018 at 8:07 PM, jn8 said:

Dear Oklahoma,

You’re a classic team with classic uniforms. Your alternates are pretty good for one-offs, but for a prime time game on Thanksgiving weekend Conference Championship weekend, please stick to the primaries.

Sincerely,

Some random guy on the internet 

10 hours ago, ltp74 said:

Pitt is wearing their "throwbacks" in the ACC Championship Game! Hopefully Clemson wears Orange and we get a color vs. color game.

DtCSAU_U4AAxQTu.jpg:large

Clemson is wearing white jerseys orange pants, fyi. The Coastal division winner is the designated home team for even number years.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

32 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I wonder if it’s that way so that it’s easier to repaint into the 49ers logo.

I believe they've used that logo from the start when the teams hosted, but it was probably created with Santa Clara in mind. The Big Ten simply paints over the helmet at midfield and replaced the end zones. Before, they painted over the end zones too and when teams had red end zones they stood out.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, ltp74 said:

Pitt is wearing their "throwbacks" in the ACC Championship Game! Hopefully Clemson wears Orange and we get a color vs. color game.

DtCSAU_U4AAxQTu.jpg:large

“Lock the gates”? Was there an issue with hooliganism amongst the Pitt supporters so the NCAA is punishing them by making them play their match in an empty stadium? 😆

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

16 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Field for PAC-12 Championship is ready. Endzones=great, midfield=bad.

What a joke that they are tapping an end zone for a power 5 championship game. More people go to the MAC championship game in Detroit I bet...

48 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

What a joke that they are tapping an end zone for a power 5 championship game. More people go to the MAC championship game in Detroit I bet...

Both participants in the MAC game are a combined 600 miles from Detroit whereas the closest participant in the PAC-12 game is 750 miles away. And that’s Utah. The one “right up the coast” is nearly 850 miles away. 

PAC-12 will always struggle with attendance until the game is moved back to campus or to Vegas. 

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

2 hours ago, RollWolfpack said:

Both participants in the MAC game are a combined 600 miles from Detroit whereas the closest participant in the PAC-12 game is 750 miles away. And that’s Utah. The one “right up the coast” is nearly 850 miles away. 

PAC-12 will always struggle with attendance until the game is moved back to campus or to Vegas. 

Hosting it on a friday night doesn't help, but its done for tv reasons so it doesn't have to go up against any of the other P5 conference championship games

43 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Hosting it on a friday night doesn't help, but its done for tv reasons so it doesn't have to go up against any of the other P5 conference championship games

And yet I'm sure it's going to bring in terrible ratings. But apparently less terrible than if they had scheduled the game for Saturday.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

11 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

And yet I'm sure it's going to bring in terrible ratings. But apparently less terrible than if they had scheduled the game for Saturday.

And the crazy number of makeup games this weekend with decently well-known teams involved also would take away from them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Don't know if it's been discussed or brought up, but Georgia will be the designated home team in Red, and Alabama will be in White.  Will be a visual repeat from the National Championship Game in January other than the Black CFP end zones which have no coloration for this SEC Championship Game.

HPCbFvi.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, RollWolfpack said:

27286img126.jpg

This is a local team and a California team with a large alumi base in the area and there are still a ton of empty seats. Every other conference sells out their championship which is why I have such a hard time seeing this game have 14 dollar seats in the corner end zone.

55 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

This is a local team and a California team with a large alumi base in the area and there are still a ton of empty seats. Every other conference sells out their championship which is why I have such a hard time seeing this game have 14 dollar seats in the corner end zone.

I will raise you the 2007 ACC Championship game:

acc_championship_game_crowd_view_2007_em

hookembuckyvi4.jpg

On 11/29/2018 at 7:20 PM, MJWalker45 said:

I believe they've used that logo from the start when the teams hosted, but it was probably created with Santa Clara in mind. The Big Ten simply paints over the helmet at midfield and replaced the end zones. Before, they painted over the end zones too and when teams had red end zones they stood out.

Looking back on my post, I think I might have miscommunicated what I meant. By using that shape PAC 12 logo, it’s roughly the same shape as the 49ers logo, so it probably does a better job at hiding the 49ers faded paint for the PAC 12 conference title game. Originally I said perhaps they did it that way to make it easier to repaint, but now I see that doesn’t make too much sense.

7 hours ago, HuntTheJones said:

Don't know if it's been discussed or brought up, but Georgia will be the designated home team in Red, and Alabama will be in White.  Will be a visual repeat from the National Championship Game in January other than the Black CFP end zones which have no coloration for this SEC Championship Game.

HPCbFvi.png

Also interesting to note, the SEC has done away with the “home stadium” endzone designs.

Last year had Auburn in team colors and Georgia in white because that’s how their home end zones look.

Mercedes-Benz-Stadium-painted-and-ready-

That was slightly odd, but not as egregious as this: previously, you had instances with grass colored endzones on one end and team colored in the other.

g4_20161203215515.jpg

I’m pleased to see this weirdness go away in favor of a traditional field again.

Ohio State will be wearing its standard home uniforms tonight, while Northwestern will be in purple helmets and white jerseys and pants. The Wildcats went with a white lid and black pants on the road in their last meeting, so I’m happy to see purple featured this time around.

Archived