College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

I just saw that Bill Snyder retired. Think that will lead to Kansas Style getting a new look?

All depends on who's coming in. I think with Snyder gone though we can expect alternate uniforms to start popping up.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kansas State has, in my opinion, one of the more underrated looks in the nation. I know that’s probably one of those “ugh don’t throw that around” kind of labels, but I really do think so in this particular case. It’s a uniform that doesn’t get talked about very much, but when you really look at it, it’s pretty hard to find much of a flaw in my opinion. I really can’t think of a single thing I don’t like about it. It’s a very well designed uniform; great color balance and distribution, helmet and pants stripes are consistent and against a consistent background, and it’s a classic, no-nonsense football uniform that keeps things interesting with a great pop of purple. 

I got curious and thought I’d try something; I googled “Kansas State Football” in google images and did a little uniform matchup head-to-head between each team they were playing against in an image (at least the ones in which an opponent was visible). In my very subjective opinion, they were the better looking team a vast majority of the time, with exceptions being Texas, UCLA (‘17 Cactus Bowl), and (non-alternate) Oklahoma; and even then, I’m not so sure those teams were “winners” so much as they were “draws”. So yeah, I think KSU looks pretty darn good.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

22 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Kansas State has, in my opinion, one of the more underrated looks in the nation. I know that’s probably one of those “ugh don’t throw that around” kind of labels, but I really do think so in this particular case. It’s a uniform that doesn’t get talked about very much, but when you really look at it, it’s pretty hard to find much of a flaw in my opinion. I really can’t think of a single thing I don’t like about it. It’s a very well designed uniform; great color balance and distribution, helmet and pants stripes are consistent and against a consistent background, and it’s a classic, no-nonsense football uniform that keeps things interesting with a great pop of purple. 

I got curious and thought I’d try something; I googled “Kansas State Football” in google images and did a little uniform matchup head-to-head between each team they were playing against in an image (at least the ones in which an opponent was visible). In my very subjective opinion, they were the better looking team a vast majority of the time, with exceptions being Texas, UCLA (‘17 Cactus Bowl), and (non-alternate) Oklahoma; and even then, I’m not so sure they were “winners” so much as they were “draws”. So yeah, I think KSU looks pretty darn good.

KSU always looked sharp. I miss playing them annually. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

8 hours ago, pianoknight said:

RON PRINCE

Lol yep; I'm pretty sure the entire K-State community celebrated when Snyder was re-hired and brought back the classic look. The "band-aid" sleeve stripes were awful.

KSU-UT-029.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:29 AM, Mingjai said:

“Lock the gates”? Was there an issue with hooliganism amongst the Pitt supporters so the NCAA is punishing them by making them play their match in an empty stadium? 😆

Just really big fans of Marc Maron

Curious to see if the Diamond Quest idea is exclusive to Nike teams, or if the idea is for to give every College Football Playoff participant’s manufacturer logo the diamond effect (Notre Dame is  with Under Armour and Oklahoma with Jordan Brand, though I know the latter is still a subsidiary company of Nike). Would be odd to see two teams with the Diamond Quest swoosh and others without.

15 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Wish they had gone with a dark olive drab instead of black.

I think seeing Notre Dame's Shamrock Series uni in San Antonio probably put them off from that. I loved the Wonder Woman uniform reveal video too. Some of the jersey numbers will be a little too "overdesigned" in my opinion but it's a good looking set for that game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Rose Bowl doesn’t have home and away designations, but Ohio State — by virtue of being the higher-ranked team — will be in scarlet uniforms. Haven’t been told anything more than that at this time, but it’s worth noting it’ll be the exact 50th anniversary of Ohio State’s 1969 Rose Bowl win and 1968 national title (and, again, they do already have those uniforms in the WHAC). 

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Lol yep; I'm pretty sure the entire K-State community celebrated when Snyder was re-hired and brought back the classic look. The "band-aid" sleeve stripes were awful.

KSU-UT-029.jpg

I liked that look. It was pretty unique and it was an interesting way to continue their signature stripe from pant to jersey.

Their current uniform is fine, but I feel the jersey striping is too similar to the helmet/pant stripe design without being the same. It would work better for me if they were more different.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

43 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I believe Notre Dame is the first non-Nike team to make the playoff.  I wonder if Under Armour will have anything flashy up their sleeves on this big stage

I think a 1977 Joe Montana throwback would be perfect for this game. I'm guessing Clemson will be all orange. 

12 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Curious to see if the Diamond Quest idea is exclusive to Nike teams, or if the idea is for to give every College Football Playoff participant’s manufacturer logo the diamond effect (Notre Dame is  with Under Armour and Oklahoma with Jordan Brand, though I know the latter is still a subsidiary company of Nike). Would be odd to see two teams with the Diamond Quest swoosh and others without.

Is there a possibility of a change from Diamond Quest treatments for all the Nike/Jordan teams?

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

KSU-UT-029.jpg

These were good looking uniforms, but they weren't as good as what they replaced. That's their biggest problem. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

55 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I believe Notre Dame is the first non-Nike team to make the playoff.  I wonder if Under Armour will have anything flashy up their sleeves on this big stage

I don't expect them to do anything, but the one neat thing they could do is roll out a white jersey with green numbers to emulate what was worn in the 1978 Cotton Bowl that won ND the 1977 national title:

1978-Cotton-Bowl-Ken-MacAfee-080063212.j

6fQjS3M.png

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

Maybe they will finally get pants that match the helmet!  

Could be something, probably is nothing, but this official Nike shirt has Ohio State’s 2011 pro combat helmet on the design...

https://www.buckeyecorner.com/style/2019-NCAA-Mens-Bound-Helmet-T-Shirt/21101545

wouldn’t be surprised if they wore the 1961 Rose Bowl uniforms for the game

https://goo.gl/images/D3hVKN

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

You’re right that it resembles Ohio State’s 2011 Pro Combat, but don’t look too much into it. It was the first thing I noticed when I saw the shirt design, too, but Washington’s helmet stripe is also tapered on their Rose Bowl shirt. Same with the other “Bowl Bound” shirts. I guess it’s supposed to be an abstract illustration. 

https://www.fanatics.com/?query=Illustrated helmet

Archived