College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

I honestly wouldn't expect anything special uniform-wise from Under Armour. I think they'll go the route of the NCAA Tournament, with special shirts and base layer and accessories.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if they did break out new uniforms one way or another.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/3/2018 at 11:16 AM, crashcarson15 said:

I don't expect them to do anything, but the one neat thing they could do is roll out a white jersey with green numbers to emulate what was worn in the 1978 Cotton Bowl that won ND the 1977 national title:

1978-Cotton-Bowl-Ken-MacAfee-080063212.j

A throwback to these would be dope. That towel would actually make for a cool accessory but also could be used on base layers/apparel/etc.

17 hours ago, Mingjai said:

The only special thing I ever expect from Under Armor is absurdly small numbers. 

It bugs me so much, particularly the number font UA introduced for 2016, because it's so damn skinny.

The ND jersey shouldn't be hard. Gimme some nice, thick and wide numbers like 1988 (or '49'66, '73, '77, etc.), with only a thin gold outline if you're gonna have one, and we're good.

526052080e967.image.jpg

6fQjS3M.png

58 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

It bugs me so much, particularly the number font UA introduced for 2016, because it's so damn skinny.

The ND jersey shouldn't be hard. Gimme some nice, thick and wide numbers like 1988 (or '49'66, '73, '77, etc.), with only a thin gold outline if you're gonna have one, and we're good.

526052080e967.image.jpg

Agree 100% with this statement. The Champion font, while far from my personal favorite was perfect for ND. The geometry of the numbers and the sleeve monogram worked perfectly together. Also I having scrolled back several pages seeing photos of the classic gold painted helmets makes me think that while entirely unique, the hydro skinned golden helmets are too literal of an interpretation to be used full time.  Give me the 90's champion uniforms with shiny pants and painted gold helmets 90% of the time. The other 10% can be green alts and one off-gold helmets. Everything else needs to be incinerated.

The shiny gold looks fantastic on the numbers, and I’m guessing it hooks nicely to the helmets. I’ll take that full time.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 12/5/2018 at 5:53 PM, crashcarson15 said:

526052080e967.image.jpg

The petite, frail numbers look pretty bad on their hockey uniforms, where big numbers filling the back of the jersey are the norm.

5ab5b1b18f539.image.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

There’s a rumor floating around that BYU, slated to be the home team at the Idaho Potato Bowl in Boise, is considering wearing this combo on the blue turf:

636075593513252037-USATSI-8122577.jpg

Knowing what happens when teams try to get too cute, I’m sure WMU will choose to go with an all-white combo and the game will end up taking place in a snow storm.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Big outstanding question with the ND jerseys is whether or not they'll go with names on the back, as ND often does for bowl games.

EDIT: And an answer -- no!

I like the idea, think it might look awful in practice on the skinny numbers, though. This would be great with thicker numbers.

6fQjS3M.png

Regarding ND:

- I’ll take the thin numbers any day over Nike’s MEGANUMBERS.

-I like the metallic gold trim, which is a classy way to do a one-off playoff uniform 

-However, if you’re going to do that, why on earth do you still have matte pants? It’s now metallic/metallic/matte when I think the pants should match. Although in reality maybe that’s too shiny?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 12/3/2018 at 11:20 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I believe Notre Dame is the first non-Nike team to make the playoff.  I wonder if Under Armour will have anything flashy up their sleeves on this big stage

They're also the first team with blue as a color to make the playoff! (Sorry if that's been pointed out already.)

It will always bug me that the (FCS) Maine Black Bears wear navy blue instead of black. I know they're named after a specific type of bear, but whenever I hear/see a color in a team's name I expect to see that color 😋

Devaughn_WSU.jpg?width=2000&height=1125&

18007722_H24115232-720x445.jpg

Perhaps I've been ruined by team names like Red Hawks, Green Wave and Crimson Tide.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived