College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2018 at 10:13 PM, AndrewMLind said:

Which was followed by this teaser...

Didn’t show the numbers, so I wonder if they go with green numbers as a nod to the 1992 Sugar Bowl.

In this video the pants seem to have a little shine to the , more than normal. I'm not an Irish fan by any means being a Pitt fan, but years past both teams suffered with the loss of the Gold Dazzle shine pants imo. I understand the new fabric story for pants and all, but looks to me there is some glisten to the pants here, may be wrong,  usually am. Haha

37 minutes ago, jsr862 said:

In this video the pants seem to have a little shine to the , more than normal. I'm not an Irish fan by any means being a Pitt fan, but years past both teams suffered with the loss of the Gold Dazzle shine pants imo. I understand the new fabric story for pants and all, but looks to me there is some glisten to the pants here, may be wrong,  usually am. Haha

In this shot, they look like the standard matte fabric pants to me:

ND_RESIZE_PRODUCT_HORIZ_0.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, jsr862 said:

I thought the same thing.. plus, the way they feature them in the video suggests that's what they're implying..

Also, the "new fabric story" is bogus in my opinion.. matte fabric is "in", so they push a false narrative to simplify production and maximize profits.. it's no secret

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Rose Bowl doesn’t have a “home” team, but Ohio State will wear its standard scarlet uniform against Washington by virtue of its higher ranking.

Do the throwbacks in boxes have names, or just numbers? Can they be used for future years (I guess simply removing names is not really a big deal...)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Rose Bowl doesn’t have a “home” team, but Ohio State will wear its standard scarlet uniform against Washington by virtue of its higher ranking.

Slightly disappointing... I was hoping to see the classic sleeve stripes. Still a great uniform, so I won't complain.

I'd assume they'll go gold/white/purple. As that's been the default road look most of the season. The only time they tried to go cute and went purple chrome we lost to Cal.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

14 hours ago, CLEstones said:

So the Playoff or Primetime throwback won't be worn?

They'll probably be used for the Michigan State game. I would say Penn State as well would be likely since it's the last home game next year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They'll probably be used for the Michigan State game. I would say Penn State as well would be likely since it's the last home game next year. 

I was inquiring about The Rose Bowl.  @AndrewMLind hinted that the throwback would be worn against Michigan, but was not.  And then again for the Rose Bowl, but the patch above shows it on the traditional home jersey.  It has also been hinted at a full time return to the throwback next year.

2 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

I was inquiring about The Rose Bowl.  @AndrewMLind hinted that the throwback would be worn against Michigan, but was not.  And then again for the Rose Bowl, but the patch above shows it on the traditional home jersey.  It has also been hinted at a full time return to the throwback next year.

I hadn't heard about a full time switch. I'd rather they use the Earl Bruce era jerseys rather than the 1968 design if they were doing a  complete change. The giant shoulder numbers were the one thing I remember from them because they stood out and looked better than the black numbers which were on the sleeves when Champion did the 1993 throwbacks. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

39 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I hadn't heard about a full time switch. I'd rather they use the Earl Bruce era jerseys rather than the 1968 design if they were doing a  complete change. The giant shoulder numbers were the one thing I remember from them because they stood out and looked better than the black numbers which were on the sleeves when Champion did the 1993 throwbacks. 

I think the 1968 ones are the superior uniforms, especially because the black TV numbers are such a cool quirk to them.  That being said, I like the idea of restricting those to Playoffs/Bowl Games or Rivalry/PrimeTime Games, like against Oklahoma.

Luckily Ohio State is doing the alternate uniform thing right... only wearing 1 MAYBE 2 per year.

ASU going G/M/M with the big fork helmet and gold socks in the Vegas Bowl.

5c100d45edd58.image.jpg?resize=707,15005c100d477bddb.image.jpg?resize=750,750

I'm hearing that Fresno is going all Navy (They've been wearing their navy jerseys with the bowl patch for the pre-bowl activities this week.)

Has there ever been a Maroon v Navy uniform matchup before?

On 12/11/2018 at 6:05 AM, CLEstones said:

So the Playoff or Primetime throwback won't be worn?

goGY5WU.jpg

At least they aren't doing the throwback from the 1969 game. Pretty frigging boring. I'm guessing they figured that these would be cooler than their regular uniforms which  are here:

Cn14oVg.png

You can see the fishnet pattern on that Rose Bowl jersey better here:

NVxewH4.jpg

Strangely enough they had home version fishnet jerseys for some games that season with the stripe pattern on it. The away jersey above (at Iowa 16NOV1968) was probably the heavier material since it made no sense to go to such a plain jersey before switching to  a white jersey with black numbers on the shoulders in 1969. 

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/10/97593/photos-from-ohio-states-1968-undefeated-national-championship-season

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, goDEVILS said:

I'm hearing that Fresno is going all Navy (They've been wearing their navy jerseys with the bowl patch for the pre-bowl activities this week.)

Not sure if I've heard of maroon vs navy but we've had scarlet vs navy (Utah vs BYU). That helmet looks horrible. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

26 minutes ago, goDEVILS said:

I hate that it's two different golds. At least make the fork and numbers maroon

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

Archived