College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

12 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

San Diego State vs. Ohio.

SDS, I like. Ohio, hmmmm maybe white pants to offset the black/black?

Ohio has great look in white and green. Leave the black at home when playing another red and black school. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/18/2018 at 9:37 AM, JPDesign said:

It's a diamond Jumpman for OU.

ff_3376094-007819c0269218e9ae3balt1_full

I like the new font for Oklahoma since the announcement of it, with the exception of the "N" in sooners. It appears so much wider than the rest of the letters around it due to the lack of serifs on the inside, looks like "SOONERS" to me. It doesn't help that it is placed at the center of the jersey, and so when a player put his shoulder pads on underneath, it only compounds the issue.

5be7836eaf6ff.image.jpg?resize=400,267

I noticed this happens with the "M" on the Roughrider alternates as well.

1*iYrJdxMtRDEarvxr5OG1lA.jpeg

On 12/18/2018 at 11:28 AM, andrewharrington said:

It’s blue. Because sits against the white, it looks darker than the numbers. This is one of the reasons I try to avoid mixing outlined and non-outlined elements of the same base color. I always look at how the colors meet one another and try to coordinate other elements that way. I would have gone gold with the corporate logos on both home and away, and no, I don’t care if that means it’s less visible on white. It’s a completely non-essential design element.

I agree... That's always a pet peeve of mine. I hate when teams have trim on the numbers, but a single layer NOB.  Seems so lazy.

How do you feel about Auburn having orange trim on the Navy "UA" on their helmet, but single layer numbers? It pokes at me every time I see it.

15 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I agree... That's always a pet peeve of mine. I hate when teams have trim on the numbers, but a single layer NOB.  Seems so lazy.

How do you feel about Auburn having orange trim on the Navy "UA" on their helmet, but single layer numbers? It pokes at me every time I see it.

I think it looks better than the orange drop shadow they used to have with Russell. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It definitely bugs me, but I’m not sure what the best course of action is, because the jersey ceases to look like Auburn with orange trim on the numbers, so you’re left with going solid blue on the monogram, which looks fine, but I’d guess most would view that as a net downgrade. Maybe doing a monogram with an orange U and blue A would be interesting.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I love USFs new set. Chrome helmet and reflective names and numbers. their black and green uniform was the best

I'm not a fan of the chrome helmets. As for the uniforms, they'll look better when they're on the Primeknit.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm not a fan of the chrome helmets. As for the uniforms, they'll look better when they're on the Primeknit.

The chrome isnt bad, but thankfully the 2018 unis were a temporary stopgap.  Rumor has it the Adidas deal was signed late in the production cycle to get a custom set, so we might see new USF unis in 2019.

On 12/7/2018 at 1:37 AM, Mingjai said:

There’s a rumor floating around that BYU, slated to be the home team at the Idaho Potato Bowl in Boise, is considering wearing this combo on the blue turf:

636075593513252037-USATSI-8122577.jpg

Knowing what happens when teams try to get too cute, I’m sure WMU will choose to go with an all-white combo and the game will end up taking place in a snow storm.

This is the combo BYU went with in Boise. WMU is in white/white/gold. No snow, though. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Next Saturday’s Peach Bowl will look absolutely gorgeous with the Wolverines in their classic home uniforms and the Gators in orange/white/blue:

Nice to see both teams going with classic looks after what they wore the last time they squared off:

841967640.0.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Next Saturday’s Peach Bowl will look absolutely gorgeous with the Wolverines in their classic home uniforms and the Gators in orange/white/blue:

Nice to see both teams going with classic looks after what they wore the last time they squared off:

841967640.0.jpg

Figured out what my sandwich was missing. Mustard!

Hate the F on Florida's helmet. Just remind me of...Fail. Ineptitude

1 hour ago, ZipperClub said:

That combo should be banned during daylight hours.

I don't get all the love gray, white, chrome, slate get. School colors forever! 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 12/20/2018 at 2:47 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

It is a non-issue for me, as certain elements work better alone, or with an outline, or even a double outline.. the biggest design flaw on Auburn's uniform is their pants stripe.. northwestern stripe on the helmet and sleeves, then braisher stripe on the pants.. 

As for the NOB issue, I actually like it.. looks too "stock" when everything features the exact same design feature.. I like when the NOB color is the same as the number outline color, or if the numbers are single color, I kinda like when the NOB is 2-color (like the Steelers).. just adds to the look imo

Archived