College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Interesting to me that Bama and Oklahoma have essentially the same colored helmets and the CFP decals were different. Alabama wore the football icon with a black background whereas OU’s had a white background. This is the best image I’ve seen thus far.

5Psr5TV.jpg

I think that's an unwritten rule that the CFP decals clash. Not sure why though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/28/2018 at 10:38 PM, WavePunter said:

While I agree with your basic point, I can't blame Nike entirely.. here's a couple reasons why:

Clemson, for big games, has traditionally worn "orange britches".. translation: "mono orange".. not their traditional look, but historically relevant and meaningful, and as a rare thing, a good solid look.

My high school (Summerville, SC) is very similar to Clemson.. we traditionally wear Kelly green helmets and jerseys, over either white or yellow gold pants.. for big home games, we wear all green (we are the Green Wave), and have had periods where we would go white jersey and white pants for big road games.. just a change of pace to signify a big game.. but the rarity made it meaningful.. 

Lastly, as a head Equipment Manager at the college level, I can tell you that certain players and coaches just prefer the look of an all red or all white or all grey uniform.. it borderline disgusts me, but it's a popular look with a very diverse group, that I don't believe are ALL influenced heavily by Nike and Oregon..

It’s the same for my school (Timber Creek). We usually wear purple helmets, black jerseys, and white pants at home. However, for one game (usually against Winter Park or East River, our two biggest rivals), we break out black pants and every time the stadium near explodes with excitement. It’s the center of the “this is it” feeling that they try to build up before and during the game.

We also wear purple uniforms for homecoming (purple/purple/white), but it doesn’t really have the same effect - which I’m fine with, because I don’t think they look as good as the regular black ones.

ExJworW.png

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think that's an unwritten rule that the CFP decals clash. Not sure why though.

This is actually the first time that both semifinals had the decals clash:

Florida State (white) - Oregon (black)

Alabama (black) - Ohio State (black)

Ohio State (black) - Oregon* (white)

*Ducks switched to from green helmets in semifinal to white helmets in title game

Alabama (black) - Michigan State (black)

Clemson (white) - Oklahoma (black)

Alabama (black) - Clemson (white)

Alabama (black) - Washington (black)

Clemson (white) - Ohio State (black)

Georgia (black) - Oklahoma (black)

Alabama (black) - Georgia (black)

Clemson (white) - Notre Dame (black)

Alabama (black) - Oklahoma (white)

55 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

This is actually the first time that both semifinals had the decals clash:

Florida State (white) - Oregon (black)

Alabama (black) - Ohio State (black)

Ohio State (black) - Oregon* (white)

*Ducks switched to from green helmets in semifinal to white helmets in title game

Alabama (black) - Michigan State (black)

Clemson (white) - Oklahoma (black)

Alabama (black) - Washington (black)

Clemson (white) - Ohio State (black)

Georgia (black) - Oklahoma (black)

Alabama (black) - Georgia (black)

Clemson (white) - Notre Dame (black)

Alabama (black) - Oklahoma (white)

I love this niche

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The national championship patch is standard, though. The team with the colored jersey gets the white numbers and black background while the team with the white jersey gets a white background with black numbers.

White jerseys are 3-1 in the national championship since the playoff began (Ohio State is the lone team to win while wearing their home uniforms).

On 12/26/2018 at 12:02 PM, crosfam said:

Really hoping we can do a rose bowl edition white jersey and retire purple sleeves and armpit spikes. Hate to imortalize those in Rose Bowl. Love to see us in G/W/G FOR A bit of change.  I loved the old gold pants with wide purple and white stripes. 

No luck. Seattle Times posted team photo for the game. Same purple pant and purple shouldered armpit spiked white jersey combo that we got pounded in at Peach and Fiesta bowls last two years. Can't wait for the Adidas upgrade. Hopfully582fe197ef236_LSUvWashingtonP_s9F2NW_0ix.thumb.jpg.0d2d826757eecb5e1e654111b4c951df.jpg a clean classic look. 

2 hours ago, crosfam said:

No luck. Seattle Times posted team photo for the game. Same purple pant and purple shouldered armpit spiked white jersey combo that we got pounded in at Peach and Fiesta bowls last two years. Can't wait for the Adidas upgrade. Hopfully582fe197ef236_LSUvWashingtonP_s9F2NW_0ix.thumb.jpg.0d2d826757eecb5e1e654111b4c951df.jpg a clean classic look. 

Those are words that don't often collide in a sentence around these boards...

12 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

The national championship patch is standard, though. The team with the colored jersey gets the white numbers and black background while the team with the white jersey gets a white background with black numbers.

White jerseys are 3-1 in the national championship since the playoff began (Ohio State is the lone team to win while wearing their home uniforms).

I think think this is just concerning the CFP decals on the helmet which seem to just be team preference what color they want

On 12/27/2018 at 8:20 AM, TenaciousG said:

I actually like it, as far as monochrome goes.

What makes me mad is all the gray, which is just unnecessary and doesn’t pop nearly as well as white. And yet Nike has the nerve to make the swooshes white so they stand out more!

The swooshes are silver too, it’s just a highly reflective kind that turns bright white in certain lighting, kind of like those Olympic jackets Nike made in 2012. Makes it a real pain to photograph the numbers ;)

spacer.png

12 hours ago, crosfam said:

Hope it's similar to this, but with Sonny Sixkiller era number font. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Video with some more looks at today’s Oregon combo:

I really can’t wait to see this combo on the field, and once again I’m hoping this is a sign that they’ll be open to doing some more tasteful mixing and matching next season. Also, based on this video it looks like these are different yellow pants than the ones they unveiled and wore with the all-yellow combo this season, without the black ‘O’ on the front hip. We’ll have to wait and see whether or not that’s actually the case.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

First on-field looks at today’s Oregon combo:

DvxKqacVYAAeBDm?format=jpg&name=large

DvxJilNVsAA-KKE?format=jpg&name=large

DvxKKgHVsAAt0iF?format=jpg&name=large

Looks really sharp so far. Also, the first image shows that the pants are indeed without the black ‘O’ on the front hip. If you look closely at #80’s pants, it almost looks like you can see the outline of the ‘O’, which suggests that they may have removed them for this game.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Those are words that don't often collide in a sentence around these boards...

Other than this set and the set we wore in 2000, Nike’s UW uniforms have been a travesty. 

Vegas Gold is a fancy way of saying Khaki and needs to be sent to the grave.

Black sleeves on the purple home jersey is even worse.

Adidas has some big misses, but rumors are they’re going the traditional route for UW.

On 12/30/2018 at 8:48 AM, imawalkingcorpse said:

The Missouri uniform combo is great.

If by great you mean ugly. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived