College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

17 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Yup.  Best Gators look is Orange/Blue/White for sure.

They have the Auburn problem of stripe inconsistency though.  Fix the spacing and it's damn near perfect.

e0594a578b3cb69c88127ff286e98fce.jpg

They actually did match the spacing last season, so Orange/Blue/White is actually has the most consistent striping in college football.

Florida%20Gators%20%20LSU%20Tigers-148-U

Not surprised to hear Florida is considering black uniforms now. They added black baseball jerseys this spring and took all of the white off of both their blue and orange jerseys.... You can forget about traditional uniform design when Scott Stricklin is your AD.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, pscf3 said:

They actually did match the spacing last season, so Orange/Blue/White is actually has the most consistent striping in college football.

Not surprised to hear Florida is considering black uniforms now. They added black baseball jerseys this spring and took all of the white off of both their blue and orange jerseys.... You can forget about traditional uniform design when Scott Stricklin is your AD.

This is a classic and great modern look better than any other combo.  It won three national titles (96. 06. 08).  Just a giant head scratcher why Stricklin wants to add black unis or alternates when that color never remotely close to their actual true school colors. :(

2 hours ago, pscf3 said:

I like everything about that set except the number font. 

I also get that they are also replicating that stripe pattern in the number keylines but wish they'd just go with a solid white number or possibly an orange keyline without the blue space in between.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, pianoknight said:

I like everything about that set except the number font. 

I also get that they are also replicating that stripe pattern in the number keylines but wish they'd just go with a solid white number or possibly an orange keyline without the blue space in between.

The orange jersey would also look better with just blue outlines on the white numbers, like they had in the 80s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Anyone think that pro day uniforms could contain hints for next years uniforms?

They wear uniforms on pro day? Usually it's just t-shirt and shorts, or a practice jersey. I don't recall a player ever wearing something on pro day that hints at a uniform change

Spring games are usually when you see a change or two. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What's been the verdict on those Vicis helmets as far as head injuries go? Noticed some players actually wearing those this past season in the NFL and NCAA. Have players wearing Vicis endured less brain trauma? Is there even a way to detect that?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

What's been the verdict on those Vicis helmets as far as head injuries go? Noticed some players actually wearing those this past season in the NFL and NCAA. Have players wearing Vicis endured less brain trauma? Is there even a way to detect that?

they would meassure it in number of concussions. im not sure what the Vicis number is, but i know the S&G helmets had a great run for a few years of not having their players suffer any concussions, one even being Austin Collie. that was a selling point for them; and as far as i know they still might have a perfect record, i dont think thats a popular brand in the NFL so the low number of players to start with would help, but i imagine the Vicis would take the same approach

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

50 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

they would meassure it in number of concussions. im not sure what the Vicis number is, but i know the S&G helmets had a great run for a few years of not having their players suffer any concussions, one even being Austin Collie. that was a selling point for them; and as far as i know they still might have a perfect record, i dont think thats a popular brand in the NFL so the low number of players to start with would help, but i imagine the Vicis would take the same approach

This topic is useless without data and you absolutely have to include subconcussive hits as well. Not anyones fault, but until you get a complete sample of detailed data that's peer reviewed we are stuck wildly speculating. Also don't forget that no helmet design can prevent your brain crashing into the side of your skull because there's liquid between the two.

26 minutes ago, guest23 said:

This topic is useless without data and you absolutely have to include subconcussive hits as well. Not anyones fault, but until you get a complete sample of detailed data that's peer reviewed we are stuck wildly speculating. Also don't forget that no helmet design can prevent your brain crashing into the side of your skull because there's liquid between the two.

SG Helmets has a reported 1% concussion rate, and a new more attractive model. Arena team in Texas reports 0 concussions over a 4 year run with them. Sadly companies like Riddell (BELL) are les than forthcoming about their concussion rates. My son's football career came to an end early his senior year due to multiple concussions while wearing the Speed Flex. For that reason I have purchased 2 for my children still playing football... that and the youth helmet is 1.8 pounds!

And concussions are caused by shearing of nerves in the brain (think popping the head off a dandelion) which can be caused by whiplash/bobble head effect. That can happen with zero head trauma (IE helmet to helmet, or helmet to ground) My son's was from helmet to helmet. 

Sorry... off on a tear. 

7 hours ago, guest23 said:

Also don't forget that no helmet design can prevent your brain crashing into the side of your skull because there's liquid between the two.

of course, to measure success by complete elimination of concussions is unrealistic. from what ive read (and im certainly no expert) it seems SG has done a lot more in their development and approach to helmet design than most. where helmets were once designed to prevent skull fractures, SG has taken the approach to minimize concussions in their materials and a goal of eliminating as much weight as possible. like FFWally said, as helmet thats less than 2 lbs is pretty impressive and it seems its made a positive difference 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 3/7/2018 at 9:02 AM, WSU151 said:

They wear uniforms on pro day? Usually it's just t-shirt and shorts, or a practice jersey. I don't recall a player ever wearing something on pro day that hints at a uniform change

Spring games are usually when you see a change or two. 

They may not be on the field but if Arizona's set is ready they may have models posted around the stadium. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

It's the recruiting pitch from Florida this spring, one of my players just got one from them. Good to know that they're sticking to the normal look for the Gators.

That might just be promotional material, though.

It's not unheard of for schools to send out photoshopped/photochopped pictures in their recruiting packages, only to unveil a totally different look later that offseason.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

4 hours ago, buckeye said:

It's already been known the Gators were flipping to Jordan if that's what you're referring to as meaning anything?

I meant in regards to if they’re making any changes to their uniform with the switch to Jordan.  

Was last year the first year they had the gator head logo on the left?

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, pianoknight said:

That might just be promotional material, though.

It's not unheard of for schools to send out photoshopped/photochopped pictures in their recruiting packages, only to unveil a totally different look later that offseason.

True, but Oklahoma, Texas and UCLA all sent out similar ones, including last season for the Under Armor uniforms being the exact same as what they sent out.

Archived