College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/14/2018 at 8:21 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I would be surprised to see Florida change their regular look. Theymay have alternates but they rend to keep the same look regardless of who's the coach.

Unless they get flecked up. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Mullen's been pretty sedate at Mississippi State so hopefully the Fleckening will not happen.

We've seen a bunch of alternates at Mississippi State under Mullen. I think there would be a pretty big uproar in Gator Nation if they heavily modified the current blue and white jerseys, but I'm sure we'll see a number of alternates that don't have any rhyme or reason other than "recruits!!!!!"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Mullen's been pretty sedate at Mississippi State so hopefully the Fleckening will not happen.

By the end of Mullen’s tenure, State had (and still has) a really solid primary look, but still rolled out about 2 meh-to-bad alternates a year. I would bet that you’re going see something similar at Florida.

38 minutes ago, pscf3 said:

By the end of Mullen’s tenure, State had (and still has) a really solid primary look, but still rolled out about 2 meh-to-bad alternates a year. I would bet that you’re going see something similar at Florida.

So, the norm for Florida over the past few years then? 

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, henburg said:

So, the norm for Florida over the past few years then? 

Blue, white, orange jerseys are the norm...they added a white alternate helmet, then the green outfits...

How are you figuring they've been wearing two or more meh-to-bad alternates a year?

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Blue, white, orange jerseys are the norm...they added a white alternate helmet, then the green outfits...

How are you figuring they've been wearing two or more meh-to-bad alternates a year?

The Orange Sleeve, two Pro Combats, the white helmets, the Gator Skin... they average about one “un-Florida” uniform per year.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

The Orange Sleeve, two Pro Combats, the white helmets, the Gator Skin... they average about one “un-Florida” uniform per year.

The Orange Sleeve and Pro Combats were worn years before McElwain arrived in 2015. Like 2008-12. 

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Orange Sleeve and Pro Combats were worn years before McElwain arrived in 2015. Like 2008-12. 

I was thinking of the past few years as a wider window, pre-McElwain included. Florida's base look has always been amazing, but they have been wearing weird alternates for a long time. Even under McElwain they would switch up the regular set with alternate helmets and pants that didn't really function as well with the regular set. I actually really liked the white helmets worn with the pro combats, but the one that they've tried using recently with the tapered stripe and shiny decals is the kind of stuff that Florida really doesn't need. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Botiger said:

Mullen may tone it back a bit at Florida.  It should be easier to recruit there, without the need for crazy alternates.

That doesn't seem to be the direction Mullen is taking. He has talked about more alternates for the players.

3 hours ago, Botiger said:

Mullen may tone it back a bit at Florida.  It should be easier to recruit there, without the need for crazy alternates.

We’re talking about a guy that wears basketball shoes with his suit to media day here because the kids love it. He’s 100% going to roll out alternate uniforms because he knows to cater to the recruits. 

29 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

We’re talking about a guy that wears basketball shoes with his suit to media day here because the kids love it. He’s 100% going to roll out alternate uniforms because he knows to cater to the recruits. 

So, like a Tide Pod alternate? 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

0:13 mark, we see another de facto confirmation of UVA's new set, with a better look at the helmet (with split stripes) and the new road uniform..0:28 shows the left side of the split stripe helmet, which is player number in new number font. 

Perhaps they will use two white helmets (one helmet previously shown with the new unis had blue/orange/blue stripes)...but two white helmets seems kind of dumb. Either way, the white helmet needs a navy facemask instead of gray.

qo63ox.png2libx9k.png

2ccm9vc.jpg

You now can see the two white helmets, the away jersey and backs of new orange and blue unis. Wish they would drop the numbers on one side of the helmets in favor of symmetrical sabres. White jerseys look like the blue numbers have a white fabric outline/bevel, the orange and blue don’t have a contrasting color outline on the white numbers.

12 hours ago, tron1013 said:

2ccm9vc.jpg

You now can see the two white helmets, the away jersey and backs of new orange and blue unis. Wish they would drop the numbers on one side of the helmets in favor of symmetrical sabres. White jerseys look like the blue numbers have a white fabric outline/bevel, the orange and blue don’t have a contrasting color outline on the white numbers.

Michigan State numbers? C'mon! I really hate the asymmetrical helmets too. You have an awesome logo, use it as often as you can!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I just want to see one game where Florida wears orange jerseys with blue pants.  It's the only combo they haven't worn yet, and I think it'd look pretty cool.  Probably would want to wear the orange helmet with it.

Then again, you could also take this opportunity to roll out a blue helmet (properly designed, of course).

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Michigan State numbers? C'mon! I really hate the asymmetrical helmets too. You have an awesome logo, use it as often as you can!

Similar, but different. Here’s Michigan State’s font for comparison:

442656.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived