College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda wonder if Oregon will actually be getting a whole new set of uniforms or just stick with the template of jerseys they first introduced with their Duck mascot uniforms from 2016.  They're overdue for a complete overhaul instead of the mish-mash of styles/designs they've been using the last couple seasons.

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a few better looks at the jerseys that some of the Oregon players have been testing recently:

NTo7LiMoNDsuPyYrOSc6LjIqPDE=&m=152313741Mg==&m=1523144769

The top reminds of the older Nike template that was replaced by Elite 51 and the bottom reminds of the lower echelon uniforms that the Division II and FCS schools use. I could see the bottom version being made for Ohio State, Alabama, Penn State and teams with no wordmarks. The top could be used by Oklahoma, Texas and teams with traditional bigger wordmarks or by Jordan schools to set them apart from the other Nike schools. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, henburg said:

This is my question. I know that the reason is marketing, but how exactly could the Vapor Untouchable be improved upon? It took the simplicity and fit of the Tech Fit and combined it with better materials. That looks like a step backwards. 

TechFit is an entire line of products made by Adidas, not just football uniforms..

and to the "better materials" portion, there was definitely some give-and-take there.. Vapor Untouchable was baggy on A LOT of players.. Also, they had to adjust the standard cut to include a chest seam anyway for several teams (ex: Jaguars), so I think they realized it wasn't doing what it was marketed to do.. 

Sure, the minimal seams and more traditionally-proportioned collar were aesthetic improvements, but I don't think it was the end-all-be-all for football jerseys.. Plus, Adidas has actually sold non-shockweb versions of their TechFit jerseys, so if the pattern is where you're docking them points, you may not need to..

4 hours ago, henburg said:

This is my question. I know that the reason is marketing, but how exactly could the Vapor Untouchable be improved upon? It took the simplicity and fit of the Tech Fit and combined it with better materials. That looks like a step backwards. 

The lack of panels could lead to excess material or bunching in certain areas. It's oregon, i'd imagine this is essentially a lab and they're just getting feedback to try to improve in any area they can. Even from the promo photos the VU never appeared to have a "locked down" feel. 

Personally the "Pro Combat" template (I don't think that's the correct name) appeared to have a a solid form fitting....fit that worked great in unison with the body and the shoulder pads. The way the top half was constructed just made so much sense to me. 

Also: Oregon needs to go back to the Mariota Era numbers, these new ones are just not very appealing. 

1 minute ago, shaydre1019 said:

The lack of panels could lead to excess material or bunching in certain areas. It's oregon, i'd imagine this is essentially a lab and they're just getting feedback to try to improve in any area they can. Even from the promo photos the VU never appeared to have a "locked down" feel. 

Personally the "Pro Combat" template (I don't think that's the correct name) appeared to have a a solid form fitting....fit that worked great in unison with the body and the shoulder pads. The way the top half was constructed just made so much sense to me. 

Agreed.. The Broncos 97 update included the tapered/curved side panels - not because it was a new/unique aesthetic design, but because that curved panel allowed a better fit with greater range of motion.. They just color-blocked that particular panel to use it as a design element, and premiered it on one of their top NFL teams.. 

But the point is that panels have proven to improve fit, function, and performance in the past - and while I think it's possible to create a well-performing and seamless (minimal seams/panels) uniform, I have no reason to knock panels and seams, so long as they don't hinder the aesthetic design.

3 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Agreed.. The Broncos 97 update included the tapered/curved side panels - not because it was a new/unique aesthetic design, but because that curved panel allowed a better fit with greater range of motion.. They just color-blocked that particular panel to use it as a design element, and premiered it on one of their top NFL teams.. 

But the point is that panels have proven to improve fit, function, and performance in the past - and while I think it's possible to create a well-performing and seamless (minimal seams/panels) uniform, I have no reason to knock panels and seams, so long as they don't hinder the aesthetic design.

BATWING!

On a somewhat unrelated note: did any of y'all go to the original Nike Team builder and make custom uniforms back in the day?

I remember the batwing (broncos) and the Maryland Terrapins template were my favorites, i was kinda sad when they moved to the 3d builder they have now. 

5 minutes ago, abanta said:

Everyone bashes Adidas for design (and rightfully so), but it's hard for school administrators to look the other way when the Three Stripe Money Wagon rolls onto campus and drops a 9-figure deal on their desk.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

(EDIT: July 2019 start date, according to the article)

Though the article says 20-year partnership...it's actually been almost 25 years. It'll be strange to see UW in anything but Nike. The "Jaws of Husky Stadium" will disappear.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Is this UW-Adidas deal effective immediately/July 1 2018/July 1 2019?

Though the article says 20-year partnership...it's actually been almost 25 years. It'll be strange to see UW in anything but Nike. The "Jaws of Husky Stadium" will disappear.

The new deal with Adidas, if approved by the UW Board of Regents this week, is set to begin in the summer of 2019.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm not excited to be moving to adidas.  The only positive is all the Nike stuff hopefully going on sale.  This must be karma for the black jaws of husky stadium.

But I can't blame the AD at all. Nike had first right of refusal and wouldn't pay more than what they gave Oregon 3 years ago.  $12 million/year is hard to say no to.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Just now, lilgump said:

I'm not excited to be moving to adidas.  The only positive is all the Nike stuff hopefully going on sale.  This must be karma for the black jaws of husky stadium.

But I can't blame the AD at all. Nike had first right of refusal and wouldn't pay more than what they gave Oregon 3 years ago.  $12 million/year is hard to say no to.

If Washington had more sustained success they probably could have gotten more but I couldn't see them getting much more than Oregon. It'd be nice to see them lose the chrom helmets but i don't see that happening. The biggest knock I really have on adidas is their need to have patterns all over the uniforms that don't really seem to do anything than let you know that adidas made them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

50 minutes ago, abanta said:

Really sad.  Their look now in Nike is fantastic.  It's a shame that the only way Adidas can compete is by throwing obscene amounts of money at these schools.  

25 minutes ago, Volt said:

Really sad.  Their look now in Nike is fantastic.  It's a shame that the only way Adidas can compete is by throwing obscene amounts of money at these schools.  

They've lost so many big-name schools the past few years (Michigan, Tennessee, Notre Dame, and UCLA) that they've had to overpay a bit to get replacement schools into their lineup.  UW is not worth the nearly $12 million they'll be getting per year.  They've been irrelevant in BB for a few years and have had only 2 high-profile bowl game appearances in the past 15 years.

32 minutes ago, kabbey520 said:

Sucks for U Dub. If Arizona ever leaves Nike I'm burning this b**** down.

If they did it'd probably be for UA, I can't see them playing in adidas if ASU is too. Especially since they've seen the horrible crap basketball and football have worn. That's why I hate that my old college is an adidas school. Red and navy blue are the school colors but almost every sport in the program has some type of dark grey pants or shorts, except for baseball who still wear Wilson. 

pDdln5G.jpg

The wanna be Navy helmets are annoying too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived