College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

I know that brand loyalty is generally frowned upon, but Adidas' on field product looks worse than Nike or Under Armor every single time. The fit is bad, but the material is the worse. Pair that with skewed design elements and it's just a cheap look. 

spacer.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve always had a conspiracy theory that Nike purposely made Washington’s jerseys bad because they wanted to ensure Oregon kept their off-field advantage. :D

Having said that, Adidas does have horrible templates and often even worse design, so as a WSU fan this makes me happy. On the other hand, they are getting an obscene amount of money, so that makes me sad.

I am positive Under Armour would open up the wallet for WSU given their CEO’s relationship with Mike Leach... but we signed an awful contract with Nike that I think has us locked into the 2020s.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

21 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'll take those over tire tread, awkward Techfit strechiness, and duct tape "chrome" numbers any day.

HJA1zVI.jpg

m8bgIiB.jpg

I think a school like Washington should go with something similar to what is used in the CFL, ala Winnipeg. The material looks better and the cut is soemthing that works better than their current Nike layout does, from an aesthetic point of view. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

HJA1zVI.jpg

m8bgIiB.jpg

I think a school like Washington should go with something similar to what is used in the CFL, ala Winnipeg. The material looks better and thee cut is soemthing that works better than their current Nike layout does, from an aesthetic point of view. 

For that much money invested in UW, I'd assume adidas will have them on the most cutting-edge of templates, though more aesthetically pleasing template like Winnipeg's would indeed be better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

I’ve always had a conspiracy theory that Nike purposely made Washington’s jerseys bad because they wanted to ensure Oregon kept their off-field advantage. :D

Having said that, Adidas does have horrible templates and often even worse design, so as a WSU fan this makes me happy. On the other hand, they are getting an obscene amount of money, so that makes me sad.

I am positive Under Armour would open up the wallet for WSU given their CEO’s relationship with Mike Leach... but we signed an awful contract with Nike that I think has us locked into the 2020s.

I am positive that ua would not pay more than their standard rate for a small p5 school. They don't have a large enough alumni base outside the pac nw and are rarely on the tier 1 tv broadcasts.

I really like those Va Tech uniforms. I've always though they looked better with a more modern uniform. Some sleeve numbers would be nice and those things the Titans call pant stripes would work well with these uniforms. I can't tell if there are stripes on the pants, I'm assuming not?

18 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

My assumption is that it reads "TECH"....but I'm not certain on that.

Yep, you’re correct:

IMG_0826.PNG.jpg?format=300w

And here’s a few more close up looks at the uniforms, including a look at the Hokie Stone pattern inside the numbers:IMG_0825.PNG.jpg?format=300wIMG_0822.PNG.jpg?format=300wIMG_0821.PNG.jpg?format=300w

Overall I don’t hate them, but there’s definitely some room for improvement. First off, the stripes on the shoulders seem a bit random, especially with how they terminate at the back. I think they’d look a lot better if they got rid of the stripe that protrudes out from the collar and either leave the other stripe as is or have it follow the same curve as the collar. The overall effect would be pretty similar either way, but it would look a lot cleaner without the thick stripe randomly coming out from the collar. Some kind of pant stripes would be nice too.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

For that much money invested in UW, I'd assume adidas will have them on the most cutting-edge of templates, though more aesthetically pleasing template like Winnipeg's would indeed be better.

Good point, they did roll out the new Primeknits this year. If the pattern disappears for the most part like it did during the All American Bowl they'll be considered a  success for most here I think.

trcyNiG.jpg

lFkpRr5.jpg

Nc93UMV.jpg

6HNUJrS.jpg

It still suffers from being a bit too tight and stretching some of the numbers though but it sits a lot better on that QB than other versions have. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Yep, you’re correct:

IMG_0826.PNG.jpg?format=300w

And here’s a few more close up looks at the uniforms, including a look at the Hokie Stone pattern inside the numbers:IMG_0825.PNG.jpg?format=300wIMG_0822.PNG.jpg?format=300wIMG_0821.PNG.jpg?format=300w

Overall I don’t hate them, but there’s definitely some room for improvement. First off, the stripes on the shoulders seem a bit random, especially with how they terminate at the back. I think they’d look a lot better if they got rid of the stripe that protrudes out from the collar and either leave the other stripe as is or have it follow the same curve as the collar. The overall effect would be pretty similar either way, but it would look a lot cleaner without the thick stripe randomly coming out from the collar. Some kind of pant stripes would be nice too.

Honestly, The maroon and orange dont mix together well at all.

Drive for five..... Shots to my head

With the Seats burning at Citi ahead

4 minutes ago, NYUNDERDOGS said:

Honestly, The maroon and orange dont mix together well at all.

I think WOW or MOM would work but any combo that has orange jerseys and pants paired together should be avoided. Va Tech reminds me of the WLAF jerseys from 1996. I like that they are old and modern at the same time but they have to be careful how they match the uniform sets together. 

MINNESOTA - this is how you put a personal touch on a uniform (Hokie stone) without overwhelming the rest of the identity.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Orange is okay for a one off- like Clemson purple. The back of the neck is a touch weird but these are alright. I actually like it. 9/10, a great modern version of a solid but not extremely specific historical look. Well done VT

And washington better stick stick to purple and gold none of that chrome nonsense they’ve been using. And the tire treads will look bad if they use them. Could be great, if done correctly. 

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

16 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

And washington better stick stick to purple and gold none of that chrome nonsense they’ve been using. And the tire treads will look bad if they use them. Could be great, if done correctly. 

I think the tire treads will be replaced by the v neck/chevrons for most of the big adidas schools this year. And I agree, get rid of the chrome lids. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the tire treads will be replaced by the v neck/chevrons for most of the big adidas schools this year. And I agree, get rid of the chrome lids. 

I agree. I say it all the time but the one thing i really hate in uni designs is chrome. I HATE CHROME

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

3 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

I agree. I say it all the time but the one thing i really hate in uni designs is chrome. I HATE CHROME

Washington and Louisville are the worst because the types they use defeat the purpose of having logos on the helmets. Memphis is okay when it uses the Bengals stripes but that's an outlier. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived