College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

10 hours ago, pscf3 said:

Adidas just unveiled their new template: Primeknit A1. Should be a big upgrade for the schools who currently have the Primeknit/Shockweb mess. Hopefully we see most of the top Adidas schools switch to this template in 2018.

http://news.adidas.com/US/Latest-News/adidas-to-debut-the-primeknit-a1-football-uniform-for-the-2018-army-all-american-bowl/s/3992901a-6da2-457c-abc5-92ba8c7caa0d

Side note: This will be the last year the Army sponsors the game unless a new deal is signed. I wouldn't be surprised if adidas takes over as game sponsor. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I don't like that pattern on there I think it will be less glaring on gameday than during photoshoots. I think we'll see it at the Senior Bowl as well, hopefully minus the numbers inside Reese's cups. The numbers for the All American Bowl will be hard to see on TV with no interior color and the spray can treatment.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

33 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

Does A&M change unis for jimbo?

My guess is yes. Those 70's inspired uniforms are stale and adidas has a new template. They should just go back to the early 90's maroon/white scheme, no striping anywhere on the uniform. a&m is one of those schools that looks best with minimal uniforms.

On 12/30/2017 at 11:46 AM, Bowski said:

So that Adidas can ruin yet another solid look, hooray.... 

Fortunately the helmets aren't made by adidas. Other than the sleeve design, most of what UCF has can transfer over well to adidas. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/30/2017 at 11:46 AM, Bowski said:

So that Adidas can ruin yet another solid look, hooray.... 

So the schools are the desperate for cash so they have to go Adidas and look silly wearing them.  I don't know how Adidas is remotely even close competiting with Nike but yet somehow they are.  Sorry I will take the swoosh and UA over the three stripes anyday.

2 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

So the schools are the desperate for cash so they have to go Adidas and look silly wearing them.  I don't know how Adidas is remotely even close competiting with Nike but yet somehow they are.  Sorry I will take the swoosh and UA over the three stripes anyday.

Adidas is throwing a ton of money out for teams. South Alabama will be switching from Nike solely because the money involved. Adidas has bid double what Nike has is some cases. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

21 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I'm not sure how desperate Adidas is to stay relevant in college football and basketball, but it seems pretty clear they are competing by grossly overpaying to win over some of these schools.  Of course at the same time, I'm sure the school will always take the highest bidder no matter what brand it is.

4 hours ago, gdu said:

TCU did not wear purple tops one single time this season so I would expect a new uni set for the Horned Frogs.  They have had the frogskin unis for 3 seasons now.

For what it's worth, there's a bunch of TCU uniforms from last year (the Nike Mach Speed template) showing up on eBay. They're actually rather cheap, only $70 at last check. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

23 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Adidas is throwing a ton of money out for teams. South Alabama will be switching from Nike solely because the money involved. Adidas has bid double what Nike has is some cases. 

Adidas is a split personality company, they basically let their top tier schools walk due to lousy product and lowish bids. Now they do a 180 and are overbidding for lesser schools just to hold market share and not get completely squeezed out. The big difference is that they can afford to play this game because they are a global shoe company with a very strong foothold in the soccer market. Nike can do the same because they are a global shoe company that owns basketball and just about every other shoe category. Under armour on the other hand does not have a strong shoe business or a mature global footprint and relies too heavily on apparel for profit. They have been wildly overbidding for apparel contracts and their sales are tanking which has put them in a serious bind. In short, there may not be enough room for 3 suppliers to be profitable in cfb.

18 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I would like to extend my sincere condolences to Minnesota football fans. And your past unis. PJ Fleck, you are a disgrace to uniforms everywhere. 

I like PJ as a coach, but his uniform tastes are rotten. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived