College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

2 hours ago, Brown1 said:

Well you know what happens when you assume right? Cuz it’s unfolding right in front of you. I guess helmets aren’t part of the uniform in hockey anymore you only wear them the whole time. Any other interpretations that are universal here that I need to know other than if a team uses something that they actually don’t even though they clearly do?

I’m just really confused as to why you’ve stormed onto here and started off by trying to prove to everyone that you’re some smart, sensible guy by shifting the goalposts in arguments with seasoned posters spawned from discussions that weren’t worth starting in the first place.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gupti said:

I’m just really confused as to why you’ve stormed onto here and started off by trying to prove to everyone that you’re some smart, sensible guy by shifting the goalposts in arguments with seasoned posters spawned from discussions that weren’t worth starting in the first place.

This site is full of people making assumptions about me but it took almost a whole day for someone to point out to the guy who blamed Adidas for the Maple Leafs new look that they did that when Reebok was still the jersey manufacturer. So most of the people here are too lazy to look up basic information but consider themselves experts? I’ve never claimed that I’m an expert at any point, nor will I . This is also another example of someone starting guff and then blaming me for said guff. Ya the argument Andrew started with me is my fault. Makes sense.

3 hours ago, Brown1 said:

This site is full of people making assumptions about me but it took almost a whole day for someone to point out to the guy who blamed Adidas for the Maple Leafs new look that they did that when Reebok was still the jersey manufacturer. So most of the people here are too lazy to look up basic information but consider themselves experts? I’ve never claimed that I’m an expert at any point, nor will I . This is also another example of someone starting guff and then blaming me for said guff. Ya the argument Andrew started with me is my fault. Makes sense.

Generally speaking, once public opinion turns on you, people will start to pile on. This board is clicky and people will act accordingly. I don't know if I would say 'most people', but a lot of people on this board are looking to score points with other posters. If they think you're safe to :censored: on, they'll :censored: on you. Very few leaders on this board. 

21 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

Generally speaking, once public opinion turns on you, people will start to pile on. This board is clicky and people will act accordingly. I don't know if I would say 'most people', but a lot of people on this board are looking to score points with other posters. If they think you're safe to :censored: on, they'll :censored: on you. Very few leaders on this board. 

Other than the angry mob treatment of new people who show up with “information from a source,” I think many would agree this is more or less a “get what you give” type of community.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Other than the angry mob treatment of new people who show up with “information from a source,” I think many would agree this is more or less a “get what you give” type of community.

Yup. Plus, it's the internet. You'll never be fully rid of trolls and ham-fisted blowhards. You either learn to deal/evade them or you have a bad time. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

12 hours ago, Brown1 said:

Maybe it wasn’t good advice?

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Holy crap. You are making friends in a hurry aren't you?

Brown1: Can I give you a piece of advice? I’ve been where you are now. I’ve upset some of the bigger names on this board in the past because I came here acting like I knew everything and that all classic uniforms should go modern. 

I was wrong and out of place. You’ve got be respectful to other people’s views and learn what they have to stay. Most of the people here are good people even though we may not always agree on all things. It took me a solid year or two to get back into everyone’s good graces and I don’t want that for you. 

My suggestion would be to agree to disagree and move on. If not you will be an outcast for a very long time. 

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Brown1: Can I give you a piece of advice? I’ve been where you are now. I’ve upset some of the bigger names on this board in the past because I came here acting like I knew everything and that all classic uniforms should go modern. 

I was wrong and out of place. You’ve got be respectful to other people’s views and learn what they have to stay. Most of the people here are good people even though we may not always agree on all things. It took me a solid year or two to get back into everyone’s good graces and I don’t want that for you. 

My suggestion would be to agree to disagree and move on. If not you will be an outcast for a very long time. 

It wasn’t an opinion. The Penguins use slanted 2s on their helmets. That’s a fact. How can I claim to have a superior opinion when all I presented was a fact? I got a warning for defending my own fact.

5 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

So I give you facts Andrew, and you can’t accept them, then I get in throuble. Sounds like you’re in a good ole boys club on this site Andrew. Puff your chest out a little more.

1 minute ago, Brown1 said:

So I give you facts Andrew, and you can’t accept them, then I get in throuble. Sounds like you’re in a good ole boys club on this site Andrew. Puff your chest out a little more.

Just stop, man. What we were talking about was obviously open to interpretation. Some agree with me, some agree with you. That’s just how it is. There’s no “good ole boys club” here (or if there is, I’m certainly not in it; I’m most definitely a lone wolf). I disagree (almost daily) with all the regulars on this board and have done so for years. Those disagreements build respect over time when the people involved are level-headed and respectful with their points of view. We both spiraled a bit out of control yesterday. That’s all there is to it. Move on.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Just stop, man. What we were talking about was obviously open to interpretation. Some agree with me, some agree with you. That’s just how it is. There’s no “good ole boys club” here (or if there is, I’m certainly not in it; I’m most definitely a lone wolf). I disagree (almost daily) with all the regulars on this board and have done so for years. Those disagreements build respect over time when the people involved are level-headed and respectful with their points of view. We both spiraled a bit out of control yesterday. That’s all there is to it. Move on.

I thought everyone agreed with you? That’s what you said yesterday? I’ve been fairly level about it. You’re the one who tried to throw in funny memes and act like you’re the king of these boards. 

9 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

I thought everyone agreed with you? That’s what you said yesterday? I’ve been fairly level about it. You’re the one who tried to throw in funny memes and act like you’re the king of these boards. 

Turns out I was mistaken. Some people do share your point of view on the topic.

Re: the memes, you can’t ask people to “lighten up” after they react negatively to your tone and remarks, then turn around and act offended when people turn humor on you.

1 minute ago, andrewharrington said:

Turns out I was mistaken. Some people do share your point of view on the topic.

Re: the memes, you can’t ask people to “lighten up” after they react negatively to your tone and remarks, then turn around and act offended when people turn humor on you.

Oh ya man. I’m so offended. That’s what I was getting at. Maybe you should stop trying to put your own spin on things. 

14 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Sure you can. That's the basis for every argument with a liberal.

There’s always someone... :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Back to the OU update, I don’t see a big deal with this change. I hope they get rid of the alternate uniforms with the Jordan Brand. 

I want to say they were getting rid of them but I'm not certain that it's due to the Jordan brand replacing the swoosh. I think keeping the cream helmets and pants while losing the jerseys would give them a nice fauxback look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I want to say they were getting rid of them but I'm not certain that it's due to the Jordan brand replacing the swoosh. I think keeping the cream helmets and pants while losing the jerseys would give them a nice fauxback look.

They were still wearing the swoosh for the spring game, right? So we didn’t get a look at the new numbers or type on the jersey, just the updated monogram on the helmet?

Archived