College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

17 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Define "real" university. 

If Liberty meets NCAA D-I/FBS criteria, then let 'em play. 

Up until recently Boise State was not much more than a regional trade school and they seem to have had some luck on the football field. 

We still get called Truck Driver University by the morons in Moscow. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/27/2018 at 12:12 PM, aawagner011 said:

UVA finally released their new set. These are very good, in my opinion. They strike the right balance of classic with the right touch of modern, kinda like the Vikings. I dig that they’ve gone back to the double stripe- that’s definitely a unique look, part of their history, and something they can own. I could see them wearing these for the next 20 years. Only critique is the logo on one side of the helmet and the number on the other. Curious to see better pictures.

More looks at the combos

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

i really like the new Virginia digs. there's still 3 of everything in the set (i think), but theres a consistency and unity with everything thats been hard to come by over the last near decade. at least the thought in this uniform has been put into the stripes and making the team stand out with one "trick" rather than building a whole "brand story" into every detail. eventually this will swing over to the NFL too, hopefully sooner than later 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

9 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i really like the new Virginia digs. there's still 3 of everything in the set (i think), but theres a consistency and unity with everything thats been hard to come by over the last near decade. at least the thought in this uniform has been put into the stripes and making the team stand out with one "trick" rather than building a whole "brand story" into every detail. eventually this will swing over to the NFL too, hopefully sooner than later 

Agreed. It has just enough to be distinctive and new, but it’s also very clearly rooted in the traditions of the sport and the program. That’s a solid recipe for success.

Actually, the thing that departs most from the “look” now is the V logo. It’s the only thing with an outline, and I think it would work better here if it were solid orange or solid white (depending on the shell color) to coordinate with the solid orange and solid white stripes on the helmets.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

34 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

I don't think they have orange pants but I could be wrong. Didn't see them in the promo shots or the video 

@dcjames5

3 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

Another set of numbers with no outlines? Is it still not a trend since NCAA and the NFL have different uniform aesthetics according to whoever told me that?

Since college uniforms are usually created at the whim of the head coach during a redesign I'd treat them differently. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since college uniforms are usually created at the whim of the head coach during a redesign I'd treat them differently. 

Still a recent football trend no matter how nit picky you wanna get about it.

4 hours ago, Brown1 said:

Still a recent football trend no matter how nit picky you wanna get about it.

"Minimalist" is the new trend, although most college coaches and fire-emoji-loving college kids would describe it as "clean", although they often miss the mark with color distribution, legibility, and function, due to focusing so much on a simplistic "clean" look and neglecting the purpose of the uniform entirely

Just now, WavePunter said:

"Minimalist" is the new trend, although most college coaches and fire-emoji-loving college kids would describe it as "clean", although they often miss the mark with color distribution, legibility, and function, due to focusing so much on a simplistic "clean" look and neglecting the purpose of the uniform entirely

Really glad you were able to add your take on this. It’s always so wonderful.

Just now, Brown1 said:

Really glad you were able to add your take on this. It’s always so wonderful.

My pleasure.. I know you're always itching to hear it.. But in all seriousness, I do agree that it's a recent trend, although primarily at the collegiate level.. It's not necessarily a good trend (particularly the way teams try to execute it), but yeah, it's a thing..

Nike somehow convinced UVA this font is unique when UCF/Michigan State have had the variation on this for awhile. I KNOW there is a small difference with less cuts but this is essentially about the same font

442656.jpg

@dcjames5

4 hours ago, Brown1 said:

There I edited your last two (2) posts for you.

Specifically at the college level, contrary to the context of the original discussion.. But in this discussion, sure.. No need to abbreviate my posts though.. If I wanted to paint with a broad brush, I would, but I enjoy the intricacies within the details.. Thanks for trying to help though 

Archived