College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

12 hours ago, Brown1 said:

Another set of numbers with no outlines? Is it still not a trend since NCAA and the NFL have different uniform aesthetics according to whoever told me that?

Theyre beveled. I could see an outline looking a little overdone on this one.

As for it being a trend, I think you’re right, but I think that trend transcends football uniform design by many levels. It’s a trend throughout design more than it is specifically a football or even sports trend.

4 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Nike somehow convinced UVA this font is unique when UCF/Michigan State have had the variation on this for awhile. I KNOW there is a small difference with less cuts but this is essentially about the same font

442656.jpg

The only defining characteristics they share are angled corners (like many other athletic typefaces) and no serifs (like many other typefaces in general). The differences are numerous and not that minor.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't see what the issue would have been with using their basketball font. It's less generic than the one they're using.

Also, "Earned Not Given" will always be associated with LeBron James, not Virginia football. They really couldn't come up with an original slogan?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 4/27/2018 at 1:24 PM, jn8 said:

As another Nebraska fan, I prefer the striped pants. I get that the Frost wore plain pants as a player and I wouldn't hate if they went back to the stripeless pants, but they seem too plain to me. I've grown up with the 2 stripe pants though, so I guess it's just what I'm used to

Why not compromise and use pants with one stripe?  :) 

2018628.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 4/30/2018 at 8:16 PM, djam2410 said:

More looks at the combos

These are perfectly designed and they have a ton of great combos.  Could've done without the Orange jersey and still had a tremendous set with just the White & Navy components.  

7 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

Why not compromise and use pants with one stripe?  :) 

2018628.jpg

Replace the jersey piping with a classic shoulder stripe (only one stripe, to match the pants) and I'm a fan. 

I actually really liked those pants with the N placed inside the stripe. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 5/2/2018 at 9:09 AM, Lights Out said:

I still don't see what the issue would have been with using their basketball font. It's less generic than the one they're using.

Also, "Earned Not Given" will always be associated with LeBron James, not Virginia football. They really couldn't come up with an original slogan?

I didn't even realize that was a LeBron thing. I just figured it was average, run-of-the-mill, generic sports motto. They're all pretty much the same, so none of them really stick with me.

On 5/2/2018 at 9:09 AM, Lights Out said:

As a huge lebron fan, i don't associate that phrase with him at all. 

Something like "The Land" or "Strive for Greatness" would come to mind way before that one. 

6 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I'm not sure what Nebraska and Adidas are trying to do with money emoji cleats. Hopefully its just a promo thing and won't actually be part of a game uniform.

Thats part of the new AdiMoji Pack of cleats. I doubt those ones will see the field but they do have a red pair with the 100 emoji I could see those hitting the field. 

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Those are so big, you might as well call them panels.

Well, they were kinda supposed to be. You can see it on the white jerseys 

SRCwvGT.jpg

Those uniforms are blocked out of the minds of most Nebraska fans...

All I want is for Nebraska to drop block numbers and use their helmet number font on the jersey:

ee53fe375dff47e39044dad2f5333f77.jpg?ito

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

37 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

All I want is for Nebraska to drop block numbers and use their helmet number font on the jersey:

No. 

That may come off as a bit of a rude response, but it’s all that came to mind. The classic Nebraska look should never change (pant stripe changes of the 90s exemted), especially the number font. IDK, I’m very defensive and picky about my team’ uniforms:P

13 hours ago, LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU said:

Thats part of the new AdiMoji Pack of cleats. I doubt those ones will see the field but they do have a red pair with the 100 emoji I could see those hitting the field. 

The NCAA would probably prevent that unless it's the Nebraska logos. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Block numbers are solid and will stand the test of time. A team can never go wrong with using block numbers.

19 hours ago, jn8 said:

No. 

That may come off as a bit of a rude response, but it’s all that came to mind. The classic Nebraska look should never change (pant stripe changes of the 90s exemted), especially the number font. IDK, I’m very defensive and picky about my team’ uniforms:P

I'm with ya on that. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

57 minutes ago, kabbey520 said:

I didn't see this anywhere else...

Grambling signed with adidas.

http://www.gsutigers.com/news/2018/5/8/general-grambling-state-announces-partnership-with-adidas.aspx

Seems like all of the former Russell schools are going Adidas. Only one I can think of off the top of my head that didn't is Western Kentucky who went Nike. 

12 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The NCAA would probably prevent that unless it's the Nebraska logos. 

I don't know that the NCAA's rules govern cleats in any aesthetic capacity.. I don't know for sure, but I know the limits to manufacturer's marks on uniform pieces aren't applied to the cleats.. So, I'm assuming they can pretty much wear whatever they want.. Nebraska could possibly even pull some excuse about it being similar to the color of turf/grass and therefore offer a film advantage or something (à la Penn State's black cleats to defend the use of them.. Idk for sure, but I wouldn't put it past them

Archived