College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jetlodge said:

Welp, add FSU to the list of schools relegating their traditional look in favor of tacky uni combinations.

They've had that set in mothballs since they released it so it's not like they're bringing in a new look. Once a year is fine, just don't make these interchangeable with the rest of the uniform sets. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/21/2018 at 5:38 PM, upperV03 said:

UW wore both of their chrome helmets in today’s spring game:

Hopefully that’s not a sign that they’re planning on wearing them more often this season. Also, if you look closely in those photos, you can see that they’ve upgraded to the Vapor Untouchable template for their last season with Nike. They’ve kept the design the same though, which isn’t surprising since they’re moving to Adidas in 2019.

I love chrome helmets .  I wish Boise state and CCU had them

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

18 hours ago, DNAsports said:

They're not awful helmets, per se, but they just never had good jerseys to go with them. The gold helmets are way better, but these aren't bad alternates.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 hours ago, DNAsports said:

That's all well and good, but I'm really curious about Georgia Tech's helmets.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 5/14/2018 at 2:50 PM, whitedawg22 said:

That's all well and good, but I'm really curious about Georgia Tech's helmets.

Maybe Georgia can TEACH Georgia Tech how to use a classy traditional look.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, The AFC South said:

I've been meaning to post this, and forgot but new white uniforms for Ball State....

Would look a hundred times better with a white facemask. 

Not a bad look, but Ball State isn't a school that screams tradition and a defined "look" to me, so I'm not sure if this is an upgrade, downgrade or lateral move. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

53 minutes ago, mania said:

I'm not usually a get off my lawn kind of old person.... but REALLY?

Wait until the playbooks start getting sponsored by Snapchat. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I swear, one day I'll be that 70-year old grandpa crabbing about how the game used to be.

In some Orwellian future, we'll be watching "football" that has 15 downs (each with a different sponsor), a pair of goalposts that move back and forth based on how many votes that week's kicker got on his singing audition and every other series there will be some celebrity guest coach who gets to secretly go undercover and find out their family history via DNA test before calling the pre-scripted play already chosen by producers.  They'll score the game-winning "scoredown" - because as a society, we'll have snowflaked to the point that "touch" of any sort is considered anti-Constitutional - and everyone will celebrate by posting memes of the winning team to the National Media feed.

And I'll sit there and tell them how football was a man's sport in my day, and a savage's sport in my granddaddy's time - when you could still punch a man in the face and horsecollar him to the ground to steal the ball. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

11 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Would look a hundred times better with a white facemask. 

Not a bad look, but Ball State isn't a school that screams tradition and a defined "look" to me, so I'm not sure if this is an upgrade, downgrade or lateral move. 

IIRC, the red and white helmets will be worn with these more so than black. I'd love them if they switched red and black on the name and numbers.

6 hours ago, The AFC South said:

IIRC, the red and white helmets will be worn with these more so than black. I'd love them if they switched red and black on the name and numbers.

I think a black facemask would work better. Too bad they'll still have the assymetric helmets. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/21/2018 at 5:38 PM, upperV03 said:

UW wore both of their chrome helmets in today’s spring game:

Hopefully that’s not a sign that they’re planning on wearing them more often this season. Also, if you look closely in those photos, you can see that they’ve upgraded to the Vapor Untouchable template for their last season with Nike. They’ve kept the design the same though, which isn’t surprising since they’re moving to Adidas in 2019.

UW uses:

•The wrong shade of purple (too light)

•The wrong shade of gold (too tan)

•A horrible, outdated number font

Oh, and they are also huge in BFBS.

Truly incredible. It will be interesting to see if Adidas fixes this mess (answer: probably not).

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived