College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

Not huge news but our Razorback 247 site reported the other day that there will be some minor uniform changes this year under Chad Morris (I’m guessing new helmets since he used a variety at SMU)  but that we will definitely be getting new uniforms next year. 

It’s a sad day to hear that the iconic jaws of Huskie Stadium will be retired for good. ?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

Not huge news but our Razorback 247 site reported the other day that there will be some minor uniform changes this year under Chad Morris (I’m guessing new helmets since he used a variety at SMU)  but that we will definitely be getting new uniforms next year. 

It’s a sad day to hear that the iconic jaws of Huskie Stadium will be retired for good. ?

I think the current helmets are fantastic - satin red/crimson looked great. 

Hope they get rid of the clunky award decals. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I think the current helmets are fantastic - satin red/crimson looked great. 

Hope they get rid of the clunky award decals. 

If they shrink the decals they might work better. As long as Arkansas doesn't try a look that's similar to Alabama I think they'll be fine. And when you do a  throwback, don't play a team that has the exact same look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

As boring as last year's uniforms were this could be good, or it could mean they go to the other side of the spectrum. I'm guessing adidas paid significantly more than the previous Nike deal. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/30/2018 at 10:58 AM, razorback447 said:

In a similar vein, I remember making fun of the tentacled Adidas look that a lot of Arkansas fans thought of as tusks. That said, I thought Arkansas actually looked good with the iconic jaws of Huskie Stadium, plus the extra bit on their jerseys. It was actually a really good look. Probably the best look Arkansas has ever had. 

No pictures yet...but video from NC State of new uniforms for 2018. According to tweets from Athletic Dept. personnel, this will not be a permanent uniform as they do not feature the updated font. Appears to just be a recolored variation of the specialty black uniform worn last year against Louisville.

https://twitter.com/PackFootball/status/1005089857910333441

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

I would actually like those if not for the weird thin lines cutting through the shoulder stripes (similar to UCLA's jerseys from a few years ago), the awkward number font, and of course, the TechFit template. As it stands now, it's another case of what could have been an interesting design ruined by Adidas' lame gimmicks.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

23 minutes ago, RollWolfpack said:

No pictures yet...but video from NC State of new uniforms for 2018. According to tweets from Athletic Dept. personnel, this will not be a permanent uniform as they do not feature the updated font. Appears to just be a recolored variation of the specialty black uniform worn last year against Louisville.

I hope we aren't permanently rolling with these - would be such a downgrade on the whole. Which is a shame because the new template looks pretty good. But the dumb slitted three stripes on the shoulders, the wordmark on the pants leg are just indefensible. They actually cleaned up the black uniform, but at what cost? They're probably only going to look worse with that weird number font applied.

But oh well, why continue to look good once you've found an identity and some success? 

2017-11-04T210314Z_397881934_NOCID_RTRMA

2 hours ago, RollWolfpack said:

Those are arguably some of the worst collars I’ve ever seen on a uniform.

Downgrade due to the psuedo-toilet collar tire stripes on the shoulders, the "fierce" Oregon rip-off numerals and the always craptastic vertical wordmark in lieu of stripes on the pants, which they appear to have taken a step further by making asymmetrical .

DfLWl2CUwAExiaE.jpg

DfLWl2EU0AEYHV1.jpg

DfLWl2AVAAIkXgY.jpg

DfLWl2CVAAEJ3tU.jpg

Archived