College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

That Louisiana warning sticker is a hoot.

I mean, I get the seriousness of concussions and brain trauma.  But the fact that it has to spell out that you're not supposed to "butt, ram or spear" an opposing player is kinda funny.  And the fact that this violates the "rules of football," opposed to the NCAA, conference, etc.  It's just a generic "football" like when people order just a "beer" in TV and movies.

The warning stickers are required. The warranty or whatever on the helmet is actually void without. Teams have had custom colored stickers for a while now. Special shapes were just the next step.

Also, the American Flag decal is not a 3D Bumper, it's "EmbossTech" and Green Gridiron has started selling them recently: https://www.greengridiron.com/collections/accessories/products/copy-of-chrome-us-flag-helmet-decal?variant=3393973944333

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

The warning stickers are required. The warranty or whatever on the helmet is actually void without. Teams have had custom colored stickers for a while now. Special shapes were just the next step.

Also, the American Flag decal is not a 3D Bumper, it's "EmbossTech" and Green Gridiron has started selling them recently: https://www.greengridiron.com/collections/accessories/products/copy-of-chrome-us-flag-helmet-decal?variant=3393973944333

I figured as much. The wording is still clunky, though. 

It's like when you buy some kitchen knives from China and the label says, 'keep out of children. "

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I think what's most interesting about that Louisiana warning label is that it goes against convention. Those labels have to be on helmets, and team typically try to make them as invisible as possible. By taking the opposite approach, it's almost hidden in plain sight. From a distance it'll just look like a state pride sticker. I'm a fan.

18 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I love it. Lemonade out of lemons. The sticker requirement is one of the more ridiculous requirements I can think of. Especially in organized sports. Tell the kid when receiving his helmet at the school. Make him sign a waver saying he understands the limits of helmet safety. But requiring a sticker? No benefit whatsoever (except for the sticker manufacturers). 

23 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I love it. Lemonade out of lemons. The sticker requirement is one of the more ridiculous requirements I can think of. Especially in organized sports. Tell the kid when receiving his helmet at the school. Make him sign a waver saying he understands the limits of helmet safety. But requiring a sticker? No benefit whatsoever (except for the sticker manufacturers). 

No it has a benefit to the helmet manufacturers too, basically giving them no liability without players having to sign a contract. When most players get maybe a 5 min conversation from there coach each year, where they basically read the sticker and then go tell them to start or practice.

23 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I agree. It's like the gigantic warnings on tobacco ads. It's like people don't know these things are dangerous, but with the way people in the U.S. love lawsuits I'm not surprised. 

I wonder if the NFL will allow unique shaped warning labels? The Browns having the outline of Ohio, Dolphins with a sun, or Cowboys with a star could look cool.

On 7/1/2018 at 11:33 AM, FightingGoldenDevil said:

The Georgia Tech-Adidas partnership officially begins today

IMG_2312.JPG

First draft mockups of the new uniforms for football. They look like they're on teh old template though so there may be changes still. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

IMG_2312.JPG

First draft mockups of the new uniforms for football. They look like they're on teh old template though so there may be changes still. 

The forced V-shape in the numbers looks so amateur.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, dont care said:

I think that’s just warping of the material causing that not an actual design feature

It is indeed the material that is warping/stretching, but it is also knowing that the numbers will look that when the jersey is worn. It could look a lot better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This just may be a case of Adidas replica jerseys becoming :censored:tier, but the retail version of the A&M football jersey no longer has the sleeve stripes going all the way to the collar. The retail version also no longer has a white collar nor the SEC patch shown. With the exception of jersey cuts and alternates, A&M hasn't changed their primary look since the 2012 season.

2018 retail jersey

adidas Men's Texas A&M University Replica Football Jersey - view number 1

2017 retail jersey

44-1055200-1.jpg?v=1527189631

19 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

This just may be a case of Adidas replica jerseys becoming :censored:tier, but the retail version of the A&M football jersey no longer has the sleeve stripes going all the way to the collar. The retail version also no longer has a white collar nor the SEC patch shown. With the exception of jersey cuts and alternates, A&M hasn't changed their primary look since the 2012 season.

2018 retail jersey

adidas Men's Texas A&M University Replica Football Jersey - view number 1

2017 retail jersey

44-1055200-1.jpg?v=1527189631

Are they at least cheaper?

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

24 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

obviously not.

those are an embarrassment if that's the full price retail replica...no way the department that handles their merch should let adi off the hook producing a clearly inferior product at the same price...either the contract allows adidas to create this garbage or the school is getting a cut of extra profit generated by the $3 saved for the custom shoulder screening of each jersey.

27 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Can't say I've ever seen the SEC patch on a retail jersey, though. 

All A&M jerseys have had it since we joined, but our marketing people did everything they could to link the A&M brand to the SEC so they probably made sure that the SEC patch was on every jersey sold.

Archived