College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, CycloneRoss said:

God help me, these are floating around Twitter for the new Iowa State uniforms.  We knew a black jersey was coming, but the red one looks an all time mistake.  Tell me it's not real:

8493439.jpg

NO! Their currents uniforms are perfect for them. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, nuordr said:

NO! Their currents uniforms are perfect for them. 

I'm guessing their trying not to be compared to USC again. The black collar on the red jersey makes no sense unless there's black somewhere else. Unfortunately the most likely place they'll put is on the facemask, which is so lazy.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm guessing their trying not to be compared to USC again. The black collar on the red jersey makes no sense unless there's black somewhere else. Unfortunately the most likely place they'll put is on the facemask, which is so lazy.

Agreed, there will have to be black elsewhere. I'm guessing that they'll end up with an endlessly interchangeable group of red/black/white helmets, jerseys, and pants.

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Hopefully they stick with the cardinal masks...but black looks better with this shade of red than anthracite.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

So black is the new navy blue for ISU. This reminds me of when they shoehorned in blue trim, drop-shadows, face masks in the late 90's. They have a great color scheme in red and yellow. Its a shame they feel the need to add accent colors.

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Really nice new uniforms for Arkansas:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/modern-style-traditional-fire/

Not a whole lot of changes, but they moved to the VU template and made some small adjustments to both the jerseys and pants, as well as going back to the more traditional helmet finish. Count me as a fan.

I'm sure they'll probably change over some more next year but at least losing the tusks helps. 

2 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

So black is the new navy blue for ISU. This reminds me of when they shoehorned in blue trim, drop-shadows, face masks in the late 90's. They have a great color scheme in red and yellow. Its a shame they feel the need to add accent colors.

As long as it's used more than dark grey I'm good with adding black. They just need to do a better job of it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Really nice new uniforms for Arkansas:

Not a whole lot of changes, but they moved to the VU template and made some small adjustments to both the jerseys and pants, as well as going back to the more traditional helmet finish. Count me as a fan.

I liked the satin helmets...but these will definitely look good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Iowa State has the same problem as Minnesota. They are trying so hard to force an unnecessary color in there, it ruins what could be a nice uniform.

Two-tone maroon and red could be interesting and set them apart from USC. Just get rid of the black!

4 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Iowa State has the same problem as Minnesota. They are trying so hard to force an unnecessary color in there, it ruins what could be a nice uniform.

Two-tone maroon and red could be interesting and set them apart from USC. Just get rid of the black!

i dont think its unnecessary, there's no question they've always looked like USC. they need something to separate them and adding black i think is a nice touch. i'm hoping for black facemask and a black set of pants to go with the red jersey as their primary. thats a nice way to use a neutral color like black and still maintain the core colors of red and gold. almost certain they'll have a black alternate helmet so hopefully they don't screw that up with some ridiculous decal.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

EDIT:  I completely missed that someone already posted these. 

Updated uniforms for Arkansas this year. I was told we would be getting a new set next year but it looks like Chad wanted to clean them up a bit in the meantime. Gone are the iconic jaws of Husky Stadium. 

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I believe the stripes on the jerseys along the all red helmet, and the white helmet, and the red pants, and the white pants help them not look like USC. I mean.... there's a bit to go by here. They weren't exactly twins. Cousins at best.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, razorback447 said:

EDIT:  I completely missed that someone already posted these. 

Updated uniforms for Arkansas this year. I was told we would be getting a new set next year but it looks like Chad wanted to clean them up a bit in the meantime. Gone are the iconic jaws of Husky Stadium. 

Here is a 2017 uniform: 

36872623_10104581976554462_4577448789706

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Iowa State looks immensely better on a human.

I mean they're definitely not gonna get confused with USC now, but I'd like to see the Nike Speak on this. Also that black uniform is ?. At first glance at that I see TCU not Iowa State. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Black uniform is out of place, but it is clean and well designed in it's own regard. The white uniform is absolutely beautiful, but the black number outline on the red uniform is a huge miss. 7/10 for me, room to be cleaned up perfected, but not a terrible looking uniform.

a2BRS8U.png

Archived