College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, H11K said:

Black uniform is out of place, but it is clean and well designed in it's own regard. The white uniform is absolutely beautiful, but the black number outline on the red uniform is a huge miss. 7/10 for me, room to be cleaned up perfected, but not a terrible looking uniform.

The numbers are not outlined in black on the red uniform. Just red outlines (maybe the darker red in their logo).

As mentioned above, the helmet would be better if they used the CyHawk logo.

All black and white uniforms better not be the new trend. Please please don't let this be a trend.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Can the trend of not having any stripes or any kind of uniform details die now? I hate this more than I hated chrome or any other fancy bull :censored:. The font on the ISU uniforms is nice but dear lord what was wrong with the double stripes? It seems like a reaction to how much stuff they put into fancy uniforms, and now everyone wants to use the fill tool and call it a day. Really annoying, stripes are some of the best parts of football uniforms.

On the other hand, Arkansas looks fantastic.

Iowa State, a team I always hope does well (except against TCU of course). Too bad they did this. Win In The Dark? **** most the time you can’t win in the damn light! That uniform is the definition of Black For Blacks Sake but 10 years late. The helmet on that is hideous. Don’t wear that. The gray uniforms were much better as an alt. The white is pretty good, the helmet works. The red is bland and has nothing going for it. The helmet is fine. So overall as a set for me this gets a 5.5/10. The white uniforms save it. That number font is strange. Look I get that the old uniforms were nothing special. But this is bad. 

Oh and we’ve reached a new low with these stupid slogans? Win In The Dark?! Huh? 

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

I mean they're definitely not gonna get confused with USC now, but I'd like to see the Nike Speak on this. Also that black uniform is ?. At first glance at that I see TCU not Iowa State. 

THIS. So to eliminate confusion they decided to get rid of unis which emulate a famous Rose Bowl winning team... in favor of new unis that will invariably lead to confusion with another Rose Bowl winning school which, by the way, is also in their conference? 

usa_today_9534292.0.jpg

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I think the number font is unique, but I'll be really bummed out if they don't have yellow pants. The removal of black for a yellow uniform would have been the smart move, but I know the last time the team did an all yellow ensemble it didn't end well, and was the butt of a few jokes.

Arkansas' cleaned up unis look so much better than their previous versions.  They always looked so much better with pearl helmets so that's the big plus for me.

As for Iowa State, the whites are their best set.  It has the right amount of color balance that the others sadly don't have.  The reds would look so much better had they not gone with a black collar and added a white outline to the numbers.  The blacks are the worst ones because they feel shoehorned in and lack any school colors.

"Win in the dark?" 

What, so like nobody can see it? 

Iowa State:

-Our wins are so ugly you might as well close your eyes!

-You'd have more fun watching the Hawkeyes loose to a MAC team! 

-Not TCU or Texas Tech! 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Kudos to Arkansas; nice update via minimal change. Glad they didn't omit pants stripes, which seems to be a terrible trend these days.

As for Iowa State, I really love their numerals, but they have to get rid of every article of that black uniform combination. It just isn't cohesive.

I just opened my bill to see that I'm still $20,000 in debt to Iowa State so take my opinion with a grain of salt but:

I like the numbers for Iowa State, but the "CYCLONE" font and the whole package was so great.

There are a lot of great ideas in there, but just a few missed details bring it to a B or C. I liked where they were going with their gray and white updates of the last set. Also agreed with everyone that I rather see more of CY and more of the red, yellow. 

44 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

"Win in the dark?" 

What, so like nobody can see it? 

Iowa State:

-Our wins are so ugly you might as well close your eyes!

-You'd have more fun watching the Hawkeyes loose to a MAC team! 

-Not TCU or Texas Tech! 

I was lost on this one, too...at first. I've been to Ames--several times--and for a college town in the middle of a corn prairie 30 miles up north of the state capital, it, like Iowa's State captial, is surprisingly vibrant. The fact that they are located in said cornplain is all the more reason to use the yellow more, like the other two Iowa state universities (don't know how many of y'all realized that--U of Iowa, I-State, and Northern Iowa all pair a primary color with yellow.)

Anyway, since apparently we done all been in the dark about #WinInTheDark, I did a search--apparently, it's something they trotted out last season and refers to "winning by working while no one is looking".

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Iowa State collar on the white uniforms is absolutely gorgeous. I don't mind the black collar on the red uniform but maybe use the same concept as the white and use a yellow collar with a black collar outline, or even yellow as an outline. But that double color collar on the road uni is one my absolute favorite collar types

I’m not sure why they put a black collar on the red jersey when there is no black anywhere else on the red or white uniforms. I’ll bet we can expect to see a black/red/black combination at some point — just hopefully not against Texas Tech.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived