College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, hjones13 said:

*Deleted* old account. Mod please delete this account if possible.

What I said was, bad look for Southern Miss.  Was confirmed that the black and white options shown are practice uniforms, and the gold one is the only game top to be revealed so far.  But (at least in my opinion) it's not any different, nor is it even close to an upgrade from the Russell designs.  The only differences are obviously cut and material (though I see USM isn't above the shockweb) and the three sleeve stripes.  Not a fan, at all.  Huge missed opportunity, but again, it is adidas here.

HucmErQ.png

Hucn7sM.png

spacer.png

On 7/12/2018 at 2:16 PM, nuordr said:

I am loving the stripes on the new Temple set! I am so glad UA is not following Nike and removing stripes! 

37043780_10104586401257322_2541311189602

37111428_10104586401247342_2779864268906

37056492_10104586401511812_4200382242012

36973013_10104586401227382_6161945538976

The grey and cherry uniform combination is an excellent look. I’m glad temple didn’t try to go mono grey with that look. They should just make that grey and cherry there normal alternate uniform. The set as a whole is awesome to me. It’s up there with Virginia for the best new uniform set. It’s unique, modern, and clean plus the alternate is not just a cookie cutter “blackout” one. 

Correction: they did show off a mono grey look, I just didn’t look at enough images.

38 minutes ago, Sedpredictsports said:

The grey and cherry uniform combination is an excellent look. I’m glad temple didn’t try to go mono grey with that look. They should just make that grey and cherry there normal alternate uniform. The set as a whole is awesome to me. It’s up there with Virginia for the best new uniform set. It’s unique, modern, and clean plus the alternate is not just a cookie cutter “blackout” one. 

They actually did show off a mono gray look - along with mono black, black/red, and every other combo you can think of.

Temple is a great example of why teams only need one helmet.  Their combos would all look great if they were limited to just the cherry helmet rather than three different ones, because (at least in theory) it would force them into tasteful combinations.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They actually did show off a mono gray look - along with mono black, black/red, and every other combo you can think of.

Temple is a great example of why teams only need one helmet.  Their combos would all look great if they were limited to just the cherry helmet rather than three different ones, because (at least in theory) it would force them into tasteful combinations.

36976656_10104586401417002_8388366128916

37007092_10104588082987122_5138607329448

spacer.png

12 hours ago, HuntTheJones said:

What I said was, bad look for Southern Miss.  Was confirmed that the black and white options shown are practice uniforms, and the gold one is the only game top to be revealed so far.  But (at least in my opinion) it's not any different, nor is it even close to an upgrade from the Russell designs.  The only differences are obviously cut and material (though I see USM isn't above the shockweb) and the three sleeve stripes.  Not a fan, at all.  Huge missed opportunity, but again, it is adidas here.

HucmErQ.png

Hucn7sM.png

I strongly agree. Why is it so hard for USM to just get clean, modern-throwback style uniforms that would last for a decade. This is now 3 uniform overhauls I’m a row that have been terrible.

1 hour ago, Sedpredictsports said:

ncaa-football-toledo-iowa-state1-850x560istate_gold.jpg?t=1290631702

These ones. I remember them being in the NCAA 14 video game.

Damn I had no idea they wore those.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, HuntTheJones said:

Considering there was neither an addition nor subtraction of three sleeve stripes, this comment doesn't really make sense, since "The three sleeve stripes" aren't one of the differences.. That's what was a bit confusing and why I pointed out that there are no stripes on the game jerseys

13 hours ago, HuntTheJones said:

HucmErQ.png

Hucn7sM.png

You're getting new unis, why not get the newest unis? I know they aren't elite but at least they should have been given the newest stuff too. And why aren't Southern Miss using the same number font on their gold unis? It looks so much worse compared to the numbers on the practice jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

You're getting new unis, why not get the newest unis? I know they aren't elite but at least they should have been given the newest stuff too. And why aren't Southern Miss using the same number font on their gold unis? It looks so much worse compared to the numbers on the practice jerseys.

I could be wrong, but I'm assuming the application method for the numbers on the practice jerseys is different than that of the game jerseys, so the font options may not all be the same..

New Temple set is gorgeous. They did a nice job updating it to a fresh look while not completely throwing good design out the window. 

Modern but traditional-ish, if that's a thing. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

24 minutes ago, coogrfan said:

Looks like someone needs to have a chat w/USM's #24 about the new equipment rules for 2018.

https://twitter.com/MTSU_Equipment/status/991054502668185600

Same with #7 of Temple. My biggest pet peeve in football is when players wear giant t-shirts and let them hang out below the jersey. Not only does it look like they are wearing a skirt, it has to be annoying. 

You'd think the schools would want the players to look their best for these photoshoots...

Archived