FightingGoldenDevil

College Football uniforms- 2018

Recommended Posts

I’m not a fan of the silver numbers for Kansas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jakgol said:

Those schools aren't successful because they have traditional uniforms. They have traditional uniforms because they are successful. The checkerboard pattern was neat because it wasn't too gaudy and it was relevant to the school. Tennessee's new uniforms are plain and boring.

 

I wasn't saying traditional uniforms make a team successful. But that historically successful teams generally have traditional uniforms. 

 

Part of that is due to the building success in an era when uniform design was practically non-existent and they've hung onto their bland/storied looks since they already have the tradition of winning. 

 

Flip it around and it works, too. Oregon got their biggest success in the era of Carbon Grello BFBS Chrome Flash Pants Ninja Suits, so they continue to evolve that look. 

 

It's like how you probably listen to the music that was popular when you where in high school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pianoknight said:

 

Can't go wrong with classic, simple design. 

 

Case in point, the top ten all-time wins leaders are all traditional looking teams (Bama, Tenn, OU, Tex, Neb, OSU, Mich, PSU, USC and ND). The Buckeyes and Wolverines are about as "modern" as it gets. 

 

With a school like Tennessee, less is more. The legacy should speak louder than the pants. 

 

 

 

 

True. I was watching the 1991 Sugar Bowl (Tennessee vs Virginia) on ESPN Classic a few days ago and that old simple Tennessee uni was pretty darn good to look at. I have no idea who made those because there was no manufacturer's mark anywhere on the jerseys. It was before Sports Belle and Adidas. But they looked really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was probably still Sports Belle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It was probably still Sports Belle. 

 

True. More than likely before they started putting their little bell icon on the jerseys.

 

But that shade of orange was great. During the adidas years and now Nike, I think the shade of orange they are using is too light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New uniforms for Indiana. New adidas template (that collar is horrendous), Indiana now on the chest rather than Hoosiers, and no pants stripes.

 

DiP6ZnjWAAAj4I0.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

New uniforms for Indiana. New adidas template (that collar is horrendous), Indiana now on the chest rather than Hoosiers, and no pants stripes.

 

DiP6ZnjWAAAj4I0.jpg

 

 

The lack of stripes is a huge downgrade, not only because now the uniforms are too plain, but also because Indiana should be trying to own the candy-stripe look. They looked great when they had the pants stripes echoing the helmet. Adidas also seems to have moved Indiana from their proper crimson to a bright cherry red, similar to how they tried to wreck Michigan's maize color. Indiana should look like this:

quarterback-ben-chappell-of-the-indiana-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least they aren't a Sooners clone anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

 

 Adidas also seems to have moved Indiana from their proper crimson to a bright cherry red, similar to how they tried to wreck Michigan's maize color. Indiana should look like this:

 

I wouldn't judge anything based off a filtered social media post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

I wouldn't judge anything based off a filtered social media post.

YOU wouldn't [wink]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel for Indiana. It's not easy trying to find a unique Red/White visual identity when you share a conference with Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ohio State and now Rutgers. At least OSU and RU use some degree of blacks/grays, but Indiana is like the last kid on the playground picked for kickball teams. 

 

Indiana needs to own the candy stripes and the red helmet. It does look like the Adidas color is now a brighter cherry red, but in a vacuum I'm okay with that change. Puts a little distance with all the scarlet and cardinal hues in the conference. I'm sure IU fans will be angry about a slight color change, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Texas Longhorns have a slightly modified wordmark on their jerseys this year. Looks like the the font has been widened out a bit.

 

 

Here's last year's jersey for comparison...

 

Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After seeing some of these other adidas uniforms, what I initially thought was just a blank-ish jersey to cash in might just be Wyoming’s new roads.37262735_10155270655900683_3769957339914

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

I wouldn't judge anything based off a filtered social media post.

 

Obviously I can't be sure, but I don't think it's just the filter. Adidas has been moving Indiana in this direction for a while. Check out their games against Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Rutgers last season. All those teams use shades of red that should be significantly lighter than Indiana's "crimson," but they look basically the same in these photos. And I didn't cherry-pick these, except to find photos showing the red of both teams; feel free to verify.

841360804-ohio-state-v-indiana.jpg.jpg&870194630-college-football-nov-04-wiscon

Ian+Thomas+Rutgers+v+Indiana+4WrvdxfzGgx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

 

Obviously I can't be sure, but I don't think it's just the filter. Adidas has been moving Indiana in this direction for a while. Check out their games against Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Rutgers last season. All those teams use shades of red that should be significantly lighter than Indiana's "crimson," but they look basically the same in these photos. And I didn't cherry-pick these, except to find photos showing the red of both teams; feel free to verify.

841360804-ohio-state-v-indiana.jpg.jpg&870194630-college-football-nov-04-wiscon

Ian+Thomas+Rutgers+v+Indiana+4WrvdxfzGgx

Wow it is kind of crazy that the reds look kind of close 🤔 Indiana should just use that candy stripe jersey as the home and make a road version that’s the inverse for away. It gives them an identity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sedpredictsports said:

Wow it is kind of crazy that the reds look kind of close 🤔 Indiana should just use that candy stripe jersey as the home and make a road version that’s the inverse for away. It gives them an identity

What they really should do is use the Indiana script as the primary helmet logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gators “new” Jumpman set is literally just a swap of manufacturer marks. Nothing different at all. Shame they couldn’t clean up their striping inconsistencies.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Same crappy font.

> Same busted striping on the orange jersey.

 

Glad now that they did it in Atlanta for some reason because I would've actually shown up to that if it was here in Gainesville, yikes. Only positive is that they're showing them off not in monochrome (a hallmark of the McElwain era). Half-thought that we'd never see orange-white-blue again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gupti said:

> Same crappy font.

> Same busted striping on the orange jersey.

 

Glad now that they did it in Atlanta for some reason because I would've actually shown up to that if it was here in Gainesville, yikes. Only positive is that they're showing them off not in monochrome (a hallmark of the McElwain era). Half-thought that we'd never see orange-white-blue again.

 

Saaaame.

 

No white helmet might be noteworthy.  I had been hearing they were still going to have a white helmet but it would have the same logo on both sides.  Guess they're scrapping it all together.  I was just hoping they would go back to a standard block font at the very least.  What a let down.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now