College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

I don't like Miami's number font - the serifs and indents are too small, and the numbers are too short and thick compared to the negative space inside. I think collegiate block should look like Clemson's.

And if anyone is wondering, this chunky font isn't a historically accurate part of Miami's new throwback look. In the 80s and early 90s, Miami had normally-proportioned block letters with full serifs.

9c684fabe9fa7d5e13cf0b437b2339df.jpgmiami-texas-cotton-bowl2.jpg

This is an issue when each manufacturer has a "college block" font. They still try to change parts of it to make it their own. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

This is an issue when each manufacturer has a "college block" font. They still try to change parts of it to make it their own. 

I'm not necessarily against each manufacturer having a unique twist on collegiate block font, although I don't think it's that necessary. I just think that Adidas did a bad job with theirs.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

3 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

I'm not necessarily against each manufacturer having a unique twist on collegiate block font, although I don't think it's that necessary. I just think that Adidas did a bad job with theirs.

I agree. The tinfoil and silver numbers don't work either but they keep putting them out for Kansas and Louisville. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

Adidas's "full block" is pretty standard.. No real issues imo

Maryland has removed the black shoulder stripe from their red and white jerseys while introducing a new black uniform in the same style as the red and white. They have also removed the "MARYLAND" thigh stripe as well as "MARYLAND" from the back of their helmets.

12 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Maryland has removed the black shoulder stripe from their red and white jerseys while introducing a new black uniform in the same style as the red and white. They have also removed the "MARYLAND" thigh stripe as well as "MARYLAND" from the back of their helmets.

Could only find one instance of this change. It was the banner image on their football Twitter account.

oCgW2y2.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

13 minutes ago, Sk2k said:

i think its really amusing that the only newbalance football uniform is better than everything adidas has put out

Looks like a good variation on the Mach Speed, except that sharp cut at the sleeve cut to the yoke.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Could only find one instance of this change. It was the banner image on their football Twitter account.

oCgW2y2.jpg

If you watch their Instagram story (provided you have an account), the videos and photos posted show these changes

I wish Miami had kept their previous number font.  I thought it looked good on whatever jersey they put it on, and it would've been a nice nod to the 2000s teams.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Was Pitt supposed to go back to retro colors full time? Or was that just a rumor? Maybe waiting for an announcement?

Look for it next year, after this basketball season they are redoing the court at the Peterson event center. I can almost gaurnteed you they are waiting to put the new court in to make the final announcement. The Will then use the throwback colors. They already started using the lighter blue and yellow on the side walls of Heinz Field last year. The change will be coming. 

5 hours ago, dunbar said:

Maine goes with a familiar look.

I really anticipated this to happen. Maine football borrowing a page from their ice hockey counterparts. But this is somewhat weird, because the pants' striping is way too wide (a la Montana-era 49ers) and the entire uniform is on a Mach Speed knockoff template. I don't know if Nike allowed New Balance to lend their template.

7 minutes ago, edjb93 said:

I don't know if Nike allowed New Balance to lend their template.

Siege Sports straight copies Nike so it's less about Nike objecting to the cut and more about the materials used.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

If you watch their Instagram story (provided you have an account), the videos and photos posted show these changes

Looks like numbers on shoulder area whereas the older one doesn’t?  Hard to tell....

5 hours ago, BenjiJ said:

I think its funny how a team called the Black Bears wears navy and sky blue. Regardless, its a good look. 

It's okay.  We have a Red Raiders team who predominantly wears black to balance the universe.

It's kind of like how Sean Bean dies in every movie.  It's like the universe recognizing that his name should rhyme - but doesn't - and tries to ALT+F4 him to balance things out.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived