College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

13 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

It's okay.  We have a Red Raiders team who predominantly wears black to balance the universe.

Eh, also applicable to basically any team called the Golden [Animal]. Cal usually wears blue, Southern Miss usually wears black, Minnesota typically wears maroon. The Yellow Jackets don't wear yellow, and so on and so forth. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Hard to tell from the quality of photo, but looks like Duke is now on the Vapor Untouchable and Miami is on the Primeknit A1 with the U on the collar.

Duke has switched to Vapor Untouchable.  In fact, through the Duke Football Equipment Twitter account because of the template change, Duke sold off its remaining unused uniform stock to fans and had Nike customize the jerseys which I've never seen done before.  I was able to buy blue, white and black jerseys and had them customized with my last name and graduation year as my number.  They even gave me a Pinstripe Bowl patch for the blue one when I asked.

13 hours ago, jsr862 said:

Look for it next year, after this basketball season they are redoing the court at the Peterson event center. I can almost gaurnteed you they are waiting to put the new court in to make the final announcement. The Will then use the throwback colors. They already started using the lighter blue and yellow on the side walls of Heinz Field last year. The change will be coming. 

Not sure why they'd wait on next year's new basketball court. Why not redo the court this year?

I've never heard of a school waiting to change all uniforms because of its basketball court.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/19/2018 at 6:58 AM, whitedawg22 said:

I don't like Miami's number font - the serifs and indents are too small, and the numbers are too short and thick compared to the negative space inside. I think collegiate block should look like Clemson's.

And if anyone is wondering, this chunky font isn't a historically accurate part of Miami's new throwback look. In the 80s and early 90s, Miami had normally-proportioned block letters with full serifs.

9c684fabe9fa7d5e13cf0b437b2339df.jpgmiami-texas-cotton-bowl2.jpg

I think the current ones are based more on this era (without the height-modified set for the back), but it does look like the serifs and overhangs were shortened a little to open up what are otherwise very thick and dense forms. Prior to the latter half of the 1990s, Miami wore several variations of block numerals depending on who was making and/or embellishing the jersey at any given time. Sometimes they were in a very thin one like Clemson, sometimes a very thick one , other times somewhere in the middle.

jim-kelly-miami-hurricanes-20fae708e281d

jim-kelly-080060577.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Not sure why they'd wait on next year's new basketball court. Why not redo the court this year?

I've never heard of a school waiting to change all uniforms because of its basketball court.

Don't ask me it's just what I see them doing. They probably want universal colors for all programs. The two biggest being football and basketball. Heinz is a simple change of the sidewalls. The basketball court would still have the navy and gold if uniform changes this year. They are turning the court around completely and laying a new floor so the tv cameras will face the student section instead of the team benches. So I figure the blue and yellow will be the color of the logo on the court once it's redone therefore connecting all major athletics to th. Royal and yellow.

32 minutes ago, jsr862 said:

Don't ask me it's just what I see them doing. They probably want universal colors for all programs. The two biggest being football and basketball. Heinz is a simple change of the sidewalls. The basketball court would still have the navy and gold if uniform changes this year. They are turning the court around completely and laying a new floor so the tv cameras will face the student section instead of the team benches. So I figure the blue and yellow will be the color of the logo on the court once it's redone therefore connecting all major athletics to th. Royal and yellow.

Yeah, your facts are spot on according to this article, but if they are rotating the court 180 degrees (even the scorer's table and benches will switch sides) I'm not sure why they would need a new court that would take two years to make. Seems like you rotate the court, build a new TV camera area opposite the current one, add some seats into the corporate area, adjust some seats in the "Oakland Zoo" and bam...done.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah, your facts are spot on according to this article, but if they are rotating the court 180 degrees (even the scorer's table and benches will switch sides) I'm not sure why they would need a new court that would take two years to make. Seems like you rotate the court, build a new TV camera area opposite the current one, add some seats into the corporate area, adjust some seats in the "Oakland Zoo" and bam...done.

May be an issue with getting approval from the state to make those changes to the interior of a building. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Minor changes for UCF (4th photo shows it best)

Edit: Nevermind, they were the I-4 alternates from last season. Didn't show up in my Google searched.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

17 minutes ago, mmejia said:

Has Maine always had an upward pointing arrow next to their helmet bumper? Nice, subtle touch. 

According to Google, yes

Image result for maine football

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

17 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Do you think that Adidas could make the identical jersey to what a team wore the season before but because it’s an adidas template it’s aleays going to be a downgrade?

14 minutes ago, KouPilot said:

Do you think that Adidas could make the identical jersey to what a team wore the season before but because it’s an adidas template it’s aleays going to be a downgrade?

Template certainly doesn't help but I thought Adidas upgraded Miami when they switched over from Nike. I prefer Nike to Adidas FWIW and I know they can't just duplicate an existing uniform but the font just doesn't feel like it fits Nevada. Just my $0.02.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Believe me I was all in for then changes this year, all recruiting pics etc. Are in the royal and yellow. It's just matter of timing.  This would be year 3 for the new design by Nike and I can't recall Pitt ever changing uniforms in less time than that. 

Archived