College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, cheo25 said:

Given Ole Miss' history with the Confederate flag, I'm not sure it's a good idea for Ole Miss to ever go with all-white uniforms that include a white helmet.

You cant be that ridiculous. Its a football uniform, with a classic look. 

4 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Saw someone on Twitter recently post that Boston College was making a minor tweak to their jerseys by adding the stripes to the collar. I found the retail jersey that reflects this, but the listing on the BC website says "2016 jersey." I can't find any proof of BC wearing these stripes in the past or any other examples for the upcoming season. So, it might be a change, and it might not. 

#40 Boston College Eagles Under Armour Replica Football Jersey - Maroon

37354462_10104602117626592_6767810938763

It doesn’t look like the collar stripes are present in the jersey BC showed at ACC media days. 

On 7/20/2018 at 12:35 AM, mstein said:

Duke has switched to Vapor Untouchable.  In fact, through the Duke Football Equipment Twitter account because of the template change, Duke sold off its remaining unused uniform stock to fans and had Nike customize the jerseys which I've never seen done before.  I was able to buy blue, white and black jerseys and had them customized with my last name and graduation year as my number.  They even gave me a Pinstripe Bowl patch for the blue one when I asked.

Upgrading Maryland TERP’s jersey with numbers on shoulder area and without black stripes next to MD flags on sleeve areas.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/TerpsFootball/status/1021534779043471365/photo/1

4 hours ago, illini1 said:

Look at #4 & #8 under Primary Mark. They have no outline and are a standard block I. 

So, it doesn't actually state that anywhere.. It's just not illustrated in the brand standards..

Also, if you really look closely, you'll notice that the "I" with the outline and the "I" without the outline are the same size.. So the "I" with no outline is actually like an orange I with an orange outline (or navy/navy).. So, the curved-serif version is not the actual standalone brand mark at all, but rather an inlay in the brand mark..

55 minutes ago, edjb93 said:

I wonder if this template is much cheaper than Shockweb. Template aside, the design is really good.

The ShockWeb is one of the cheapest of all now, considering it's 2-templates outdated.. But the TechFit PrimeKnit and PrimeKnit A1 are popular because they're stock and can quickly be produced.. The custom set-in stripes of Miami, Nebraska, etc are not an option for non-major programs with those templates, but can be achieved very easily on all of their more traditional-material templates, such as this one for Wyoming.. Also, this is the exact same one worn by many of the CFL teams (frequently referred to as the "CFL Template" around here)

30 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

The ShockWeb is one of the cheapest of all now, considering it's 2-templates outdated.. But the TechFit PrimeKnit and PrimeKnit A1 are popular because they're stock and can quickly be produced.. The custom set-in stripes of Miami, Nebraska, etc are not an option for non-major programs with those templates, but can be achieved very easily on all of their more traditional-material templates, such as this one for Wyoming.. Also, this is the exact same one worn by many of the CFL teams (frequently referred to as the "CFL Template" around here)

The "CFL" template is officially named the Victory Formation template. It's a catalog look mostly used for high schools and lower level colleges.

20 minutes ago, jakgol said:

The "CFL" template is officially named the Victory Formation template. It's a catalog look mostly used for high schools and lower level colleges.

Officially, it's the "techfit victory formation" but almost no one here world recognize that name.. Also, most high schools and lower level colleges use the TechFit PrimeKnit or ShockWeb.. 

Apparently college teams will not wear sleeve stripes in '18.  The Illini downgraded slightly, and USF took a large step back.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I really loved Wyoming's last look with Nike. They just suffered from the template, creating the weird points on the stripes.

These aren't terrible, but it's certainly a downgrade. The stripes look awkward and the pants (what little we actually saw) just seem randomly colored.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived