College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

At least it has stripes.

Everything looks pretty good, but the meniscus stripes are a little odd.

150px-Meniscus.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't think it was shared here, but UTEP has a new helmet. Looks to be the same as previously minus the stripes. Also, in the video where the coach revealed it to the team, he mentions three new uniforms. Quick Google search shows that they wore old Arizona dot-matrix clones for their white jerseys and the orange tops had the odd dots in the numbers. The blue jerseys look to be the newer design they might base everything off of.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Well, at least one Adidas school will be wearing real football uniforms this year instead of ugly super-stretchy crap. Nicely done, Wyoming.

missouri state has that same basic uniform design.Dh8mddMVMAApUc_.jpg

sms.gif

15 hours ago, Huntr said:

Upgrading Maryland TERP’s jersey with numbers on shoulder area and without black stripes next to MD flags on sleeve areas.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/TerpsFootball/status/1021534779043471365/photo/1

Maryland's jersey from last year for comparison:

Related image

90758391980.gif

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

I don't think it was shared here, but UTEP has a new helmet. Looks to be the same as previously minus the stripes. Also, in the video where the coach revealed it to the team, he mentions three new uniforms. Quick Google search shows that they wore old Arizona dot-matrix clones for their white jerseys and the orange tops had the odd dots in the numbers. The blue jerseys look to be the newer design they might base everything off of.

Maybe a different color orange as well. But that helmet needs the white-navy-white stripes badly. Plus the miner logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The MAC has announced they have given each team a Jolly Roger flag to hang up after wins.

Meanwhile the Sun Belt has created the Championship Game MVP Belt given to the Championship Games MVP

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Is it safe to say Under Armour has usurped Adidas' 2nd place spot as far as overall quality of uniform design goes?

Adidas seems to have a few good looks in traditional teams (Miami, Nebraska, now ASU), but thats not really a result of their design team so much as taking what the respective shools already brought to the table and putting it together.

I think the biggest differentiator for Nike right now is that they'll take a G5 school such as Wyoming or SDSU (two of the better reworks of recent memory) and build a solid look thats unique to the one team wearing it.

Under Armour has created solid looks for their P5 programs, and has branched out fairly effectively into G5, providing unique looks to at least a few programs (CSU, USF)

I can't off the top of my head think of a single mid-size program that Adidas as so much as made a custom striping pattern for, much less made a whole new look for. All of Adidas' G5 schools seem to be slave to their template.

Hawaii looks great! UA is much better than Adidas, who would just roll out a generic uniform for teams like Hawaii. I really like how the Warriors look now. Nice uniforms, love that tribal pattern. Brings back some fond memories of the Hawaii football heyday in the late 2000s.

Archived