College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

37 minutes ago, Duck_Duck said:

Has this been talked about yet?  Nike posting "Gridiron Grey 2.0" jersey for Oregon.  Different shoulder and back graphics than the previous editions.  Could be a teaser to the upcoming new Oregon unis?

USC is the only other team with one of these GG2.0 jerseys, and it matches their typical template.  

https://www.nike.com/t/gridiron-grey-2-oregon-mens-football-jersey-xTp8Ms

gridiron-grey-2-oregon-mens-football-jergridiron-grey-2-oregon-mens-football-jer

Unless they plan on going back to this Vapor Untouchable template they first introduced at the end of the 2015 season, wore sporadically throughout the 2016 season and then not at all during the 2017 season, this seems like Nike trying to get rid of excess stock.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Unless they plan on going back to this Vapor Untouchable template they first introduced at the end of the 2015 season, wore sporadically throughout the 2016 season and then not at all during the 2017 season, this seems like Nike trying to get rid of excess stock.

I believe that wing pattern first debuted on the "Villains" alternate worn at Nebraska. Not much merch was sold with those wings on it but I've seen a jersey like that before with the same pattern. In an attempt to find it I stumbled across this version with the number 16 which is odd considering there hasn't been a relevant #16 on the Ducks roster in a while (probably just indicating the year). 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/150-NIKE-OREGON-DUCKS-16-LIMITED-EDITION-GRIDIRON-GREY-NCAA-FOOTBALL-JERSEY-M/122923720377?hash=item1c9ed31eb9%3Ag%3AcsQAAOSwUchaQzm6&_sop=10&_nkw=oregon+jersey+grey&_sacat=24409&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=0

s-l1600.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I really hope that is NOT an indication of where our uniforms are headed. 

DjSvXhuWsAQwHgC.jpg

I know someone else mentioned this before, but this pic really makes Indiana's crimson?( I think that's what they call their shade of dark red) look too much like a true red. Maybe it's just the studio lighting and or materials but the red needs to be darker again, IMO.

32 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

DjSvXhuWsAQwHgC.jpg

I know someone else mentioned this before, but this pic really makes Indiana's crimson?( I think that's what they call their shade of dark red) look too much like a true red. Maybe it's just the studio lighting and or materials but the red needs to be darker again, IMO.

Agreed, if that's the shade they are using they look a lot like Wisconsin and Nebraska

1 hour ago, BigDmo said:

I believe that wing pattern first debuted on the "Villains" alternate worn at Nebraska. Not much merch was sold with those wings on it but I've seen a jersey like that before with the same pattern. In an attempt to find it I stumbled across this version with the number 16 which is odd considering there hasn't been a relevant #16 on the Ducks roster in a while (probably just indicating the year). 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/150-NIKE-OREGON-DUCKS-16-LIMITED-EDITION-GRIDIRON-GREY-NCAA-FOOTBALL-JERSEY-M/122923720377?hash=item1c9ed31eb9%3Ag%3AcsQAAOSwUchaQzm6&_sop=10&_nkw=oregon+jersey+grey&_sacat=24409&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=0

s-l1600.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

They were first worn against TCU in the 2015 Alamo Bowl and again during the WSU, Cal, USC, Utah, and Oregon State games.  The black/anthracite version, which was also revealed before the Alamo Bowl, was worn only against Stanford.  Both those versions had the same shoulder design.  They'd be better off going with a new design rather than these due to all the bad memories from that 2016 season.

Oregon Ducks wide receiver Charles Nelson (6) looks into the stands. The No. 15 Oregon Ducks face the No. 11 TCU Horned Frogs in the Valero Alamo Bowl at The Alamo Dome in San Antonio, Texas on Jan. 2, 2016.

Oregon long snapper Devin Melendez (66) and Tanner Carew (58) stand in the tunnel. The Oregon Ducks host the Stanford Cardinal at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Ore. on Saturday, Nov. 12, 2016. (Amanda Shigeoka/Emerald)

9 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Looks like Indiana will have the sublimated candy stripes on the shoulders AND the bottom of the pants. Interesting look. I don't hate it (as is in the photo).

DjSvXhuWsAQwHgC.jpg

Is their red lighter or is that just lighting?

3 hours ago, BigDmo said:

Good catch.  I guess I'd never really seen that shoulder pattern with such contrast.

Rumors are of all new designs, so I doubt these are any indication of anything.

13 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Looks like Indiana will have the sublimated candy stripes on the shoulders AND the bottom of the pants. Interesting look. I don't hate it (as is in the photo).

DjSvXhuWsAQwHgC.jpg

I really like what I've seen from IU so far. IF, and this is a huge IF, Indiana can keep there new look clean and simple, they will have one of the best uniforms in the BigTen.

fanatics accidentally put up the woman's replica of ASUs new unis and it looks like there is going to be a shoulder stripe of some form. Also it looks like Adidas is going to forgo putting the sublimation on the fan jersey, removing the only thing that makes the jersey interesting and just leaving a floating black star randomly on the chestMlwDYym.jpg

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

2 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

fanatics accidentally put up the woman's replica of ASUs new unis and it looks like there is going to be a shoulder stripe of some form. Also it looks like Adidas is going to forgo putting the sublimation on the fan jersey, removing the only thing that makes the jersey interesting and just leaving a floating black star randomly on the chestMlwDYym.jpg

Adidas needs to fire their whole college football fan apparel division and start over. There is no excuse for that amount of laziness

2 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

It honestly looks like that stripe was a failed attempt at a cheap retail version of the sublimation.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

It honestly looks like that stripe was a failed attempt at a cheap retail version of the sublimation.

Yeah I’m not sure I’d really want Adidas taking a shot at doing the whole sublimation for a retail version. Just give me the plain jersey and take your train wreck elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, razorback447 said:

Yeah I’m not sure I’d really want Adidas taking a shot at doing the whole sublimation for a retail version. Just give me the plain jersey and take your train wreck elsewhere. 

If it's on the regular jersey it should be on the replicas. But it should also be a lot more subtle than what this looks like. If the regular jerseys have the star and sunshine with this much contrast from the rest of the jersey then this is a severe downgrade from the last design. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I think I've figured out what Adidas is doing here with their retail jerseys. Adidas has 2 different tiers of jerseys available to buy this year: a "replica" jersey and a "premier" jersey. The "replica" jersey looks like your typical cheap screen printed fan jersey that 3rd party companies sell to pass off to fans who just want to wear a jersey that comes in the teams colors. The biggest problem is they arent actually cheap. They are retailing for $75. the "replica" jersey has screen printed numbers in the school's font and then adds on any unique elements that may be present on the sleeve and thats it.. The "premier" jersey retails for $100 and actually looks like the fan version of the uniform the team will be wearing on the field. In the case of the A&M "premier" jersey the shoulder stripes go from the sleeve to the collar rather than just stop at the sleeve like on the "replica." The "premier" jersey also has the correct collar color as well as the SEC patch.

2018 A&M "replica" uniform

Adidas Texas A&M Aggies Replica Jersey Front Maroon

2018 A&M "premier" uniform

Adidas Texas A&M Premier Football Jersey - Maroon - Front Maroon

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Adidas needs to fire their whole college football fan apparel division and start over. There is no excuse for that amount of laziness

Yeah i feel like apparel is an underrated aspect of Nike's. Even their sublimated replicas look really good. 

5 hours ago, dont care said:

It’s not laziness, it’s cost-cutting. They’re making the jerseys cheaper to manufacture without lowering the retail price. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but it looks like Miami changed Adidas templates. The pics are in black and white but it seems the tire thread is no more!

Yup! That's the new Primeknit. The sleeve stripes should look better too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived