College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

1 minute ago, cajunaggie08 said:

We had a plain, traditional uniform for our first 5 years with Adidas when we were in the Big 12. They would change up the pants stripe from the triple stripe to a random zig pattern in 2010

ut-0002.jpg

tam-11-allmaroon-thomascampbell-620x440.

I dont think Nebraska has changed their primary look. Granted just moving a single white sleeve is considered major with how traditional Nebraska's uniform is.

Yeah, the change to the current set was all Sumlin, but I forgot that A&M had adidas before then. That's what happens when teams decide that keeping a solid look regardless of who makes the uniform trumps grabbing everyone's attention. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

We had a plain, traditional uniform for our first 5 years with Adidas when we were in the Big 12. They would change up the pants stripe from the triple stripe to a random zig pattern in 2010

ut-0002.jpg

tam-11-allmaroon-thomascampbell-620x440.

I know a lot of Aggie fans now pine for the RC Slocum-era unis...but these were really good. The white facemask was always the best option (over maroon or gray).

And that rivalry should have never fizzled out.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The rivalry could still happen without the bonfire, or with a smarter process for the bonfire. 

A student run (but not university sanctioned) bonfire still continues off campus. Much more stringent safety practices are used as well as every log must now touch the ground rather than stacking logs on top of each other vertically.

9 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

A student run (but not university sanctioned) bonfire still continues off campus. Much more stringent safety practices are used as well as every log must now touch the ground rather than stacking logs on top of each other vertically.

It's still sadly the most iconic description for the dumpster fire known as the Big XII. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

44 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I know a lot of Aggie fans now pine for the RC Slocum-era unis...but these were really good. The white facemask was always the best option (over maroon or gray).

And that rivalry should have never fizzled out.

It's annoying that they can play each other in every other sport but this and claim it's a "quality of schedule" issue. If the Big XII went to 12 teams and an 8 game schedule to match the SEC, they'd still have another issue pop up. Texas' last game of the year shouldn't be at Kansas. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's annoying that they can play each other in every other sport but this and claim it's a "quality of schedule" issue. If the Big XII went to 12 teams and an 8 game schedule to match the SEC, they'd still have another issue pop up. Texas' last game of the year shouldn't be at Kansas. 

If Texas hadn't tried to bluff their way through a forced rights media deal, they wouldn't have lost the top half of the conference to the B1G, SEC and PAC, either. But potato, poe-tah-to. 

Good thing they still have Oklahoma. That's about the only Big XII football worth watching anymore, save for an occasional TCU or KState game. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

Imagine the handful of kids that grew up wanting to wear that iconic nebraska uniform, but ended up wearing these during their college career. What a dark time for uniforms. 

They only lasted one year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, BRice16 said:

We didn't get the annoying white piping on the jersey, but adidas inflicted a horrible thick strip on the home pants as well:

ap-arkansas-tennessee.jpg

Adidas did thick stripes and/or side panels with everybody in about 2002.

eb2d8945836f7f6e0720148d216b8b38.jpg

2021440.jpg.31527.0_display_image.jpg?12

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived